Was the J Michael Tatum autoograph session really CANCELLED??

Started by kuorra, May 26, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

kuorra

On Sunday (May 25) my boyfriend and I were on our way to get in line for Tatum's autograph session. As we approached the Marriott Salon III, there was a line of staff standing across the hall, blocking the path. They asked if we were there for the J Michael Tatum autograph session, and we said yes. They told us that the session had been cut.

Is this really true? I have the fear that we were being lied to for some reason. Maybe because I really wanted him to sign my Ouran DVD cover slip of Kyoya ...

Anyways, if someone can give me an answer that would help. I tried tweeting but no answers were given. UGH. I wish I could've gone to the Saturday session, but I was busy ...

TO SUM IT ALL UP, I want to know if the Sunday May 25th Tatum autograph session was officially canceled.

MomPacksMyLunch

My brother got an autograph from him yesterday, from what I know there was only ~100 people or so that got his autograph and then it was done.

AR-99

Cut and cancelled are two different things. A few dozen people lined up for Tatum's Sunday signing early, at least 2 hours before IIRC. I was in line for the signing session before his and heard rovers announcing that they could take 2 more for Tatum, then one more before they cut the line, don't remember what time this was. It's after the fact but you needed to have shown up for both of his signings early to ensure that you were getting an autograph. Tatum had very high demand and an hour was not have been enough to accommodate everyone especially on Saturday, hence the necessary line control on Sunday.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

eralston

Neither of J Michael Tatum's autograph sessions were canceled but the lines for both were cut, meaning we could not allow any more people to line up, prior to the session starting. On Saturday we allowed 160 people to line up for the hour long session and that filled up approximately 45 minutes prior to the session starting. During this Saturday sessions J Michael Tatum got through 115 of the people lined up before his session ended and he had another obligation on his schedule. Based on the demand that we saw during Saturday's autograph session there were rovers around on Sunday to assist in managing the lines. We allowed 150 people to lineup for the session on Sunday which caused us to have to cap the line approximately an hour before the session began. J Michael Tatum was able to get through the complete line of 150 people on Sunday in just over an hour which is an astonishing pace.

Evan Ralston
FanimeCon 2014 Autographs Manager
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations