Breakable Lanyards

Started by Admiral Donuts, June 05, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

Admiral Donuts

I noticed my friends had a tough time getting their badges on and off at gatherings because their costumes involved wigs.

Has Fanime ever considered using "breakable" style lanyards? The kind with a clip on the back of the neck for easier removal?

Dracil

If there are pockets in the costume I'd recommend just unclipping the badge and keeping it there and showing it when needed.

Anix

Lord knows I'm a fan of lanyards with a break-away (my life was saved from an industrial trash compactor due to one), but I think it's a horrible idea for Fanime because how many people already lose/misplace their badges.

When I was wearing a giant costume I just got my spotter to carry my badge for me. The staff had no problems with it. As for wigs belt loop always works (even better if you have one of those retractable clips.)
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

Imperial

I love them too, but with the missing badge issue, that could be a problem bigger than just missing, like easier theft. Thats why I often say Hide your badges, or offer my arms as holders of badges as I do a gathering. But as an idea for those with large cosplays that have difficulty, badge hiding spots are p good.

eHash

Breakable lanyards are more expensive, is this an extra convenience cost that all attendees should be paying for? (this is me speaking, not as a staffer)
I didn't see anything in the code of conduct that prevents you from going out and getting your own lanyard or adding something to your cosplay to clip it on to.

Imperial

Quote from: eHash on July 07, 2014, 12:03:52 PM
Breakable lanyards are more expensive, is this an extra convenience cost that all attendees should be paying for? (this is me speaking, not as a staffer)
I didn't see anything in the code of conduct that prevents you from going out and getting your own lanyard or adding something to your cosplay to clip it on to.
I wasn't saying that theres nothing against it, its just something that is somewhat second thought for Cosplayers half the time.

eHash

QuoteI wasn't saying that theres nothing against it, its just something that is somewhat second thought for Cosplayers half the time.
I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out, that if people do give it a first thought, or perhaps a vendor thinks ahead and sells these:

http://www.wholesale-carabiners.com/carabiner-keychain-with-strap.html

they could work much better than the normal clips and possibly be flexible in how they attach to cosplays.

Dreamlord

How about an option between a wrist band or a lanyard