2015 Tales Of ... Series Gathering

Started by XeroRain, June 06, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

XeroRain

So I'm going to make this topic now out of boredom, Who's planning on cosplaying as a Tales Character next year? We'll form a list like the last topic, any future gathering meet ups or times will be discussed later.

List of people attending the gathering:
xxx

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World:

Richter - Kell-Chan
Alice - Kell-Chan's friend
Decus - Kell-Chan's friend

Tales of Xillia 2:

Ludger Kresnik - XeroRain

Disclaimer:
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
2014/2015: Cosplaying as Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
2016: Garry from Ib
2017: Gaius from Fire Emblem (wip)

Kell-chan

My group is pretty set to cosplay from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World next year. We'll have Richter, Decus, & Alice. We met a lovely pair of ladies this year who are working on Emil & Marta, so it should be fun. :3

XeroRain

Quote from: Kell-chan on June 07, 2014, 08:34:16 PM
My group is pretty set to cosplay from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World next year. We'll have Richter, Decus, & Alice. We met a lovely pair of ladies this year who are working on Emil & Marta, so it should be fun. :3

Yay! We had no one do any ToS2 Characters at the gathering, I'm glad people are going too next year, and I'm going to demand selfies with Alice and Marta... because their my top favorite on my list of tales girl characters. XD

Kell-chan

Quote from: XeroRain on June 07, 2014, 10:50:04 PMYay! We had no one do any ToS2 Characters at the gathering, I'm glad people are going too next year, and I'm going to demand selfies with Alice and Marta... because their my top favorite on my list of tales girl characters. XD

Yeah, we don't often see ToS2 cosplayers around, so we're pretty excited to have an Emil & Marta join us. I'll be a very happy and out-of-character Richter. :3 And yes, all the pictures!

XeroRain

Quote from: Kell-chan on June 08, 2014, 09:12:22 AM
Quote from: XeroRain on June 07, 2014, 10:50:04 PMYay! We had no one do any ToS2 Characters at the gathering, I'm glad people are going too next year, and I'm going to demand selfies with Alice and Marta... because their my top favorite on my list of tales girl characters. XD

Yeah, we don't often see ToS2 cosplayers around, so we're pretty excited to have an Emil & Marta join us. I'll be a very happy and out-of-character Richter. :3 And yes, all the pictures!

Is it hard to stay in character for Richter? Being mean and rudish.. XD

Kell-chan

Quote from: XeroRain on June 08, 2014, 10:09:53 AM

Hahaha. Yes, actually. I'm a very happy person in general with all the grace of a brick, but I at least try for photos. Doesn't help that my Decus has a wicked sense of humor and usually has me giggling like an idiot. After so long looking for an Emil cosplayer, I'll probably be all smiles when we actually meet up.

XeroRain

Quote from: Kell-chan on June 08, 2014, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: XeroRain on June 08, 2014, 10:09:53 AM

Hahaha. Yes, actually. I'm a very happy person in general with all the grace of a brick, but I at least try for photos. Doesn't help that my Decus has a wicked sense of humor and usually has me giggling like an idiot. After so long looking for an Emil cosplayer, I'll probably be all smiles when we actually meet up.

I bet you're gonna love taking some pictures with an Emil, I'm a quiet person unless people are talking about something I like/interested in, and when I was at the gathering this year, someone came up to me and asked "Are you in character? Because Ludger is a voiceless protaganist" because I didn't really introduce myself to everyone there, I just showed up and didn't say anything. And after she said that, I whispered in their ear "Shhh, no one knows that I actually talk" XD

I also wanted to cosplay as Emil, but I really don't think a blonde wig would look good on me, idk I just don't see myself in one. But what about Ludger in Emil's outfit cameo? You know thats sexy...

Kell-chan

Haha. I would love to see cosplayers wear alternate outfits for characters! It's such a fun option in the games, it would be amazing to see it in person. :3

SquishyK

Anybody get photos of me (towel boy Luke) stealing the other Luke's cloths? I didn't have anyone taking pictures for me so I missed this one and it was a really cute idea.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

XeroRain

Quote from: pitin on June 24, 2014, 10:11:36 AM
Anybody get photos of me (towel boy Luke) stealing the other Luke's cloths? I didn't have anyone taking pictures for me so I missed this one and it was a really cute idea.

Here you go! I put all the good ones you were in alltogether.

http://imgur.com/YQvjiq5,jyebNww,diMCWJI,b1xWwMW,3tVBmRs,uY84Ofg#0

Plus this one. http://i.imgur.com/W5Rwqbd.jpg

SquishyK

Quote from: XeroRain on June 24, 2014, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: pitin on June 24, 2014, 10:11:36 AM

Here you go! I put all the good ones you were in alltogether.

http://imgur.com/YQvjiq5,jyebNww,diMCWJI,b1xWwMW,3tVBmRs,uY84Ofg#0

Plus this one. http://i.imgur.com/W5Rwqbd.jpg

Thank you! you're the best XD
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

XeroRain

thepharaohinleather

Yay! Another gathering planned~ I'm hoping to come as either Richard from Tales of Graces or Ratatosk from Tales of Symphonia: DOTNW. Still deciding but hopefully coming regardless!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

XeroRain

Awesome, I love both of those characters, Richard's my top fave from graces, and Emil's my top fave from ToS. xD

XeroRain

Bumping the topic to give it attention, I'll have everyone vote on a place to host the gathering at last.

cinquu

Nishi

I'd love to go again! Not sure as who yet though.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:
Hetalia, Tales of Zestiria, Psycho Pass

teepo_magnet

If this gathering happens it would be so awesome. I'm cosplaying as Jude Mathis, Tales of Xillia 2 design, hair is probably going to be game 1 style because I can't make my hair feathery like his to save my life. I would love to meet fellow tales enthusiasts. I hope some tales of Vesperia people pop in.

mischeivious_lil_kitsune

Cool another gathering! My friend and I will be coming as Raine and Sheena respectively. From Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
Let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!

teepo_magnet

More people need to notice this. I'm just gonna bump it to the top again.