Hi, i'm new

Started by klaus95, June 16, 2014, 12:24:30 PM

klaus95

Hello,
my name is Klaus, I'm from Austria and i have some questions about FanimeCon.
First, do i need a Ticket or is it free?
Second, can i take any costumes for example One Piece ?

I need answers because i will fly to the convention in california next year (2015) :D

xkuramaxhieix

Hi Klaus.

You do need a ticket to get into fanime. It's not free. You have to register for a weekend pass and a hotel room. Since you're flying in, I would recommend booking a hotel room for the wednesday before fanime weekend until the next wednesday, so a full week's hotel stay. That way, you can do early badge pick up if you pre-register for the full weekend, and you can also get yourself acclimatized to the time difference. The extra days, tuesday and some of wednesday, would be to help you calm down from the excitement of the convention.

You can take any cosplay you want to fanime. One Piece included. You just have to make sure the costume will fit in with Fanime regulation and airport/TSA regulations.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: klaus95 on June 16, 2014, 12:24:30 PM
Hello,
my name is Klaus, I'm from Austria and i have some questions about FanimeCon.
First, do i need a Ticket or is it free?
Second, can i take any costumes for example One Piece ?

I need aswers becaus i will fly next year (2015) to the convention in california :D

Hi Klaus,

Registering for the con isn't free, this year it was $55 (US dollars) if you registered early, which later went up to $65 and then $75. Tickets will go on sale sometime between now and the convention.

You can take any costume as long as it conforms to the The FanimeCon 2013 Cosplay Rules & Weapons Policy: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16577.0.html