Fanime Transportation

Started by CielloRegalo, June 18, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

CielloRegalo

I don't see any official forms to fill out for different feedback so I am posting this!
I wanted to share how AMAZING it was to have the buses available 24 hours a day during the con free for all attendees with a badge. It saved me a a ton of money and made us feel so so so safe since they were so frequent and also my group went to different places and back to the hotel at all different times. It gave us all more time, freedom and again a sense of safety that is paramount. I sincerely pray Fanime keeps this going for us.

SquishyK

I was also quite pleased with the busses. However, I would like to offer some constructive criticisms. When I first wanted to get on a bus I had to ask staff where I should go and then sort of stood in front of the hotel they had indicated hoping that I was in the right place. I had also heard some complaints about line cutting during high traffic hours. At Clockwork Alchemy the places to wait for the busses were clearly marked with numbered rows to line up at. I think the bus pick up location at least at hotels within close proximity to the con center should have clear signage and a marked line area if not a volunteer manning the locations during heavy traffic times. Some of the people I talked to thought Fanime might not be keen on expending more of their resources to support the bus systems believing that Fanime seems to view this as a mostly "Clockwork Alchemy" thing. However, I think anyone taking the busses are either more interested in being at Fanime and are simply staying at fringe hotels out of necessity or want to split their time between the cons like my friends and I.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

aetherltd

Buses were much better this year. Thanks.

Last  year the drivers were totally lost.  We were taken on an unwanted tour of Sharks Stadium and its parking lots, plus a visit to the San Jose railroad yards, by a driver who couldn't find the freeway on-ramp. This year, they could find the freeway.

It's still hard to find the bus stop at the Fanime end. I'd expected it to be in front of the convention center, not over by the Hilton lobby.