2015 planning?

Started by Tetsuo, July 05, 2014, 11:35:31 PM

Tetsuo

Let's not lose focus here, are you guys working on the 2015 website? Interaction with possible guests?

eralston

Yes we are actively working on next years convention. I am personally working with our contacts and trying to sort out a guest list for next year.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Dajoo

Not what was asked, but Dealers has just about sold out already, not that it means my job is even close to done  ::)
Dealers Head       2012-2016
Item Check Head  2014
Dealers Staff        2009-2011
Vid Staff              2005-2008

Exhibits Staff AOD 2014-20 ??? ???

Angelx624

I'm really excited for next year, honestly. Good to see an old head returning!

And hearing that the site's being actively worked on is making me more excited. Let's make Fanime 2015 the best one yet! 8D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

FanFicGuru

I'm super excited for 2015! I'm attending Fanime over AX after the awesome time I had last year.

Looking forward to seeing all of my fanime people! :D
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

FrenchBreadRedWine

I AM ABSOLUTELY LOOKING FORWARD TO FANIME 2015
IT WAS MY FIRST CON EVER AND I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER NOT GO AGAIN
I PLAN TO ATTEND IT EVERY YEAR FROM 2015 AND ON
I seriously cannot wait!

Angelx624

Woah, you guys have already got pre-reg up, housing opens on the 10th of this month, and even the website is updated for 2015?? I must say, I'm really impressed! Does this mean we can expect more announcements before the end of the year?
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

ewu

Quote from: Angelx624 on November 03, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
Woah, you guys have already got pre-reg up, housing opens on the 10th of this month, and even the website is updated for 2015?? I must say, I'm really impressed! Does this mean we can expect more announcements before the end of the year?

I think its a job well done. I think we'll go on a 5 month break. We will see you in again in April..... J/K:)

We'll try hard to keep working hard and keep info flowing to you all.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Angelx624

Quote from: ewu on November 04, 2014, 08:33:53 AM
Quote from: Angelx624 on November 03, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

I think its a job well done. I think we'll go on a 5 month break. We will see you in again in April..... J/K:)

We'll try hard to keep working hard and keep info flowing to you all.

Thanks!
I should've known!! You tease us with opening up pre-reg and hotel registration as well as update the site to 2015, and that's all we get til April. I should've knooown.......

No rush!! You guys are doing more than enough already!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

egrrr

What about the theme, all I get from the front page is that the theme for 2015 is going to be furries.  If it is... i wonder how clockwork alchemy is going to incorporate furries into their con.

Imperial

early mentions that bled from the top were of mythology, and it looks that way from what i see, with mentions to kitsunes and the lucky cat just from front page.

Admiral Donuts

It's Japanese mythology.

Does clockwork alchemy bother to incorporate the theme?

Biblio

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on November 11, 2014, 06:44:05 PM
It's Japanese mythology.

Does clockwork alchemy bother to incorporate the theme?

I think they try if they're able to.

Last year (2014) was a probably a little difficult to coordinate with Fanime's beach theme. Clockwork Alchelmy did "Alternate Empires" as their theme.

But 2013 they definitely went along with the gothic fairytale theme. Probably an easier theme to incorporate for steampunk fans. I went to a few "fairytale" panels there that year and learned a lot.

2012 was their first year and I don't remember there being a theme.

This year (2015), their site displays their theme as "Myths, legends & lore". They do seem to make of an effort to incorporate their "themes". Like with their GOH with panel subjects.