FANIME CON 2015

Started by FrenchBreadRedWine, July 17, 2014, 09:30:36 PM

FrenchBreadRedWine

Soooooooooooo, I can't find any forums related to it, I was wondering when will forums for Fanime 2015 start to appear?

~SINCERELY

Way too excited for Fanime 2015  xD

ewu

It already has! It's right here!

No seriously. Basically we just change the 2014 to 2015. I will go ahead and request that:) But in the meantime, have at it!:) Some threads are on to 2015 already, but this is probably one of the few for now.

Eric

Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 17, 2014, 09:30:36 PM
Soooooooooooo, I can't find any forums related to it, I was wondering when will forums for Fanime 2015 start to appear?

~SINCERELY

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

FrenchBreadRedWine

When will registration for 2015 open? :D
I'M STOKED FOR 2015 :3

Quote from: ewu on July 17, 2014, 10:21:33 PM
It already has! It's right here!

No seriously. Basically we just change the 2014 to 2015. I will go ahead and request that:) But in the meantime, have at it!:) Some threads are on to 2015 already, but this is probably one of the few for now.

Eric

Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 17, 2014, 09:30:36 PM

~SINCERELY

aetherltd

Waiting for housing reg to start....

FrenchBreadRedWine

What do you mean by 'Housing' reg?  :o  :D
Quote from: aetherltd on July 17, 2014, 11:36:54 PM
Waiting for housing reg to start....

Imperial

Housing for getting into one of the hotels on grounds. they do Registration for them so then A: Staff gets their housing and B:some people get lucky and get a room there.

FrenchBreadRedWine

So like when does that open? and is it for staff only?
I'm just really trying to figure things out in advance this year because last year I went with a group and they got the hotel reallllllly far from the center. But I want to get my own room this time and I want to stay in the Hilton

Quote from: tjimmy2 on July 24, 2014, 10:35:15 PM
Housing for getting into one of the hotels on grounds. they do Registration for them so then A: Staff gets their housing and B:some people get lucky and get a room there.

MeloettaMeridian

Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 24, 2014, 10:53:24 PM
I'm just really trying to figure things out in advance this year because last year I went with a group and they got the hotel reallllllly far from the center. But I want to get my own room this time and I want to stay in the Hilton

Nope! Housing is available for all of the attendees. =)
I suspect housing will open shortly after registration does; staff have been pretty organized lately, so I'm guessing that'll be around November or December of this year. They'll announce housing ahead of time, so don't worry. ;)
I have to warn you, though, that rooms closer to the Convention Center get snatched up REALLY quickly. =/ In particular, rooms at the Hilton and the Marriott are all taken within minutes after housing starts, and generally rooms at the the other hotels are all gone an hour or so later. If you don't get a room at the Hilton, they DO have a waitlist just in case someone cancels their reservation. But, so you're forewarned, you may have to settle with a hotel slightly farther from the Convention Center.

FrenchBreadRedWine

Quote from: MeloettaMeridian on July 25, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 24, 2014, 10:53:24 PM

Nope! Housing is available for all of the attendees. =)
I suspect housing will open shortly after registration does; staff have been pretty organized lately, so I'm guessing that'll be around November or December of this year. They'll announce housing ahead of time, so don't worry. ;)
I have to warn you, though, that rooms closer to the Convention Center get snatched up REALLY quickly. =/ In particular, rooms at the Hilton and the Marriott are all taken within minutes after housing starts, and generally rooms at the the other hotels are all gone an hour or so later. If you don't get a room at the Hilton, they DO have a waitlist just in case someone cancels their reservation. But, so you're forewarned, you may have to settle with a hotel slightly farther from the Convention Center.

That was extremely helpful thank you so very much I will keep checking in around October and make sure I get lucky <3

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 28, 2014, 08:07:51 PM
That was extremely helpful thank you so very much I will keep checking in around October and make sure I get lucky <3

Well, October's almost over and there's been no updates.

Last year hotel reg was announced 25 Jan and went up 10 Feb, so it hopefully won't be any later this year.

YaoiCat

I just saw on twitter and FB that pre-reg is opening up this Monday?  Is that true?  It seems way too early compared to the past few years, and there's no information on the website since it's still showing the 2014 info.  If it's true, what are the prices and when will they increase?  Also, will group registration be offered again?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: YaoiCat on October 31, 2014, 11:33:34 AM
I just saw on twitter and FB that pre-reg is opening up this Monday?  Is that true?  It seems way too early compared to the past few years, and there's no information on the website since it's still showing the 2014 info.  If it's true, what are the prices and when will they increase?  Also, will group registration be offered again?

Given that it's from the official twitter I'm gonna say it's true.

I think the price might be up $5 from last year.

phr34kish

October used to be a fairly regular time for registration to open up. It's been a few years, but honestly I prefer as much time to prepare as possible. Kudos to staff for being on top of it. Keep the ball rolling? :D

FrenchBreadRedWine

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on October 26, 2014, 11:35:52 AM
Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on July 28, 2014, 08:07:51 PM

Well, October's almost over and there's been no updates.

Last year hotel reg was announced 25 Jan and went up 10 Feb, so it hopefully won't be any later this year.

Oh okay so I'll just keep an eye out

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on November 02, 2014, 10:16:12 PM

Well they recently posted that it will be November 10th, so no need to keep an eye out any more

FrenchBreadRedWine

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on November 02, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: FrenchBreadRedWine on November 02, 2014, 10:16:12 PM

Well they recently posted that it will be November 10th, so no need to keep an eye out any more

I know I posted this before I even saw that haha thank you