Artist Ally 2015?

Started by IvoryIce, September 23, 2014, 01:13:09 PM

IvoryIce

Does anyone know when registration will open for artist ally?

CatToy

phr34kish

It's sporadic and unfortunately gets pushed back every year closer and closer to the event date. They likely won't start making any announcements until after the new year. Just keep an eye on the forums and social media.

Admiral Donuts

Keep in mind that reg is a vetted selection process now. Artists have to submit a portfolio of work.

CeruleanRogue

I figured I would add my question here instead of spamming the forum with a new topic.

So, when will AA information go up?  The registration announcement said potential AA applicants wouldn't be shut out of the lowest badge price.  We currently have about a month until badge prices increase and there's been no word on when AA reg opens up.  Are there any updates?

Baconshinobi

Quote from: CeruleanRogue on December 02, 2014, 06:08:30 PM
The registration announcement said potential AA applicants wouldn't be shut out of the lowest badge price.

I think they were referring to the fact that when you have been selected for the Alley and are purchasing your table, they will bundle in the badge for the cheapest price, not that Artist Alley registration would go up during the first badge price block. 

CatToy

Quote from: IvoryIce on September 23, 2014, 01:13:09 PM
Does anyone know when registration will open for artist ally?

IT'S HAPPENING.

IvoryIce

Still waiting for a reply to see if I made it or not >.<

phr34kish

Quote from: IvoryIce on January 21, 2015, 08:28:42 PM
Still waiting for a reply to see if I made it or not >.<

We asked about the status of our applications on the Facebook group and this was the answer we got yesterday:

"Our reviewers are still burning through the applications as fast as they can, unfortunately I don't have a time estimate for you guys, sorry! I sincerely doubt it will take to end of March to get it all done (barring any unforeseen complications) but I don't want to commit to an official timeframe so our reviewers don't feel rushed."

Zully

Any updates on this? It's almost March now, and it would suck to get in and then not have a hotel to stay in. I'm waiting on whether I'll attend this event or another one (which also has a cut-off time that's approaching) based on my Artist Alley application.

CatToy

halfway through March and no idea of when results will be announced. They won't even give out an ETA on results because they don't want to introduce the possibility of them being late.

CatToy

One week left or they won't be able to notify artists before their announced deadline for requiring payments.

Zully

58 days until the convention, less than a week 'til the deadline for paying for our tables and no one knows who got in yet. If the point of this system was to allow the best variety/highest quality artists in, it's pretty sad to know that by the time the results go out a good chunk won't be able to attend. It gets really expensive to arrange this close to the date, and every other con around this time has already released their artist alley results.

stitchez

really hope we get an update soon, me and my roommate applied together for a table and we want to make buttons, but only if we get in, so we want to have enough time to ensure we can get the buttonmaker and all our prints and merchandise squared away :/

phr34kish

This was posted to the AA Facebook group just a few minutes ago:

QuoteHello! We are done with reviews. Our tech gurus are finalizing the system details, and decisions will be showing up in your emails once the switch is flipped. Keep an eye on your inboxes! Also, we currently have a soft April 15th payment deadline which should be reflected on our Artist Alley info page soon. We will push this back if necessary.
Best of luck everyone!

stitchez

Quote from: phr34kish on March 25, 2015, 02:03:26 PM
This was posted to the AA Facebook group just a few minutes ago:

QuoteHello! We are done with reviews. Our tech gurus are finalizing the system details, and decisions will be showing up in your emails once the switch is flipped. Keep an eye on your inboxes! Also, we currently have a soft April 15th payment deadline which should be reflected on our Artist Alley info page soon. We will push this back if necessary.
Best of luck everyone!
Do you have to have previosuly been in Fanime's AA to be part of the group? It seems the 2 updates anyone has gotten has been through that so it sucks for us who applied and aren't in that fb group.

phr34kish

Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure you just request to join and wait for approval (it doesn't usually take very long).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/353623101458005/

stitchez

Quote from: phr34kish on March 26, 2015, 08:49:42 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure you just request to join and wait for approval (it doesn't usually take very long).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/353623101458005/
Okay awesome! I tried searching FB but couldnt find it for some reason? it was odd. Thank you for the link!

Zully

Can we please get someone on staff to respond about this? There's a lot of uproar on the Facebook page. We were told a week ago that you were done reviewing all the applicants and that emails would start going out. Messages, pings and emails have been ignored. Who can we talk to? Can we get an explanation as to why seven weeks before the convention we haven't gotten any feedback at all about who's in and who's out at artist alley?

CatToy

whoever thought it would be a great idea to send out the AA announcement emails at 11:50something PM on April Fool's Day should be kicked in the face.