Pre Reg required for Hotel?

Started by Kyra_Maverick, October 31, 2014, 08:40:38 PM

Kyra_Maverick

This past year there was talk of having to pre reg in order to reserve a hotel room through the Fanime Housing system. With Pre Reg opening soon, and Housing opening soon after, I'm curious if I'll have to purchase my registration first to book a hotel, or maybe just sign up for registration even if I haven't paid yet?

Also, when will we be getting the hotel information? Are there even more hotel options this year?

I don't doubt that all this information is coming, but to have an annoucement made with no details included is mildly frustrating .

ewu

No, no registration will be needed to book hotels. We are still looking at ways to properly accommodate the edge cases before implementing that. However, you do need to create a login on the registration/housing site.

The hotel booking options will appear Nov. 10 on the same site as attendee registration. The time is TBD currently. The offerings from last year should still be offered this year. We are also looking at new properties, but we are uncertain if we will be able to add them this year.

I will see if the housing FAQ can be offered prior to launch, but the process should be substantially similar to last years.

Any other Qs I can answer??:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

I believe you've answered all my questions, thank you Ewu!

KithKanan

Quote from: ewu on November 02, 2014, 08:31:03 PM
Any other Qs I can answer??:)

I have one:

I registered for 2015 at Fanime 2014. Do I already have a login on the reg/housing site, and if not how do I make sure that the one I create will match up with my purchased badge?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: The answer arrived in my email about 45 minutes after I posted this. Thanks, guys! (and for anyone else who did at-con pre-reg: check your email/spam folder) :D
Kickin' it Old-skool.

DangerHeart

So I shouldn't be worried about this seemingly scary warning box? I can't pay for my badge for at least two weeks, so I want to make sure I don't need it in order to book my hotel. This is different then before so I'm a bit confused...

Roguemagus

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 07, 2014, 06:20:04 PM

So I shouldn't be worried about this seemingly scary warning box? I can't pay for my badge for at least two weeks, so I want to make sure I don't need it in order to book my hotel. This is different then before so I'm a bit confused...

I was worried about this, as well. It seems like you have to check out before you can try to reserve a room.

ewu

You can reserve a room before checking out of the fanime registration purchasing process. The warning is there to make sure people know that not checking out means you do not have a valid membership for fanime......I know kinda obvi, but gotta make sure we dont end up having unhappy people that either need to pay more or cant go =/
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Junon

After having added badge registration info, it still requires me to buy the badge before I could reserve a room, and I couldn't remove the badge information after signing up only to get the room.

However, due to Fanime's policies regarding refunds, I can't buy a badge before I can confirm I got a hotel room first.

I really hope pre-registration is not required, ever, for reserving rooms. Your policies make it very risky since it doesn't guarantee a room. And I can't go to Fanime if I don't have a room.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Junon on November 10, 2014, 05:02:42 PM
After having added badge registration info, it still requires me to buy the badge before I could reserve a room, and I couldn't remove the badge information after signing up only to get the room.

However, due to Fanime's policies regarding refunds, I can't buy a badge before I can confirm I got a hotel room first.

I really hope pre-registration is not required, ever, for reserving rooms. Your policies make it very risky since it doesn't guarantee a room. And I can't go to Fanime if I don't have a room.

I had the same issue. I ended up just buying my groups badges because luckily they can pay me back this weekend, but I wish I'd known this ahead of time so I wouldn't have added any registration info at all.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: ewu on November 08, 2014, 12:11:21 PM
You can reserve a room before checking out of the fanime registration purchasing process. The warning is there to make sure people know that not checking out means you do not have a valid membership for fanime......I know kinda obvi, but gotta make sure we dont end up having unhappy people that either need to pay more or cant go =/

This doesn't seem to be the case. Make note of: Your credit card will be charged immediately upon clicking 'Accept Conditions and Submit Payment'.

Vasyenka

^^^ Yes! That's the very problem I was having. Since I didn't have a badge attached, I didn't know what I'd be paying for in regards to reserving a hotel room. My gf was able to bypass this by calling CMR directly, but even then a heads up would've been wonderful.
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

DangerHeart

Quote from: Vasyenka on November 10, 2014, 07:01:13 PM
^^^ Yes! That's the very problem I was having. Since I didn't have a badge attached, I didn't know what I'd be paying for in regards to reserving a hotel room. My gf was able to bypass this by calling CMR directly, but even then a heads up would've been wonderful.

A lot changed compared to last year. Hopefully next time they go back to how it was, or at least give clearer information about booking and memberships. Judging by other threads and facebook a lot of people where confused and missed out on rooms.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Vasyenka on November 10, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Well, they gave a heads-up, it's just that they were wrong about the issue that's been disscussed since reg last year and have been asked multiple times about over Twitter, FaceBook, and the forums.