Attendee housing to open Nov. 10

Started by ewu, November 02, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

Avairrianna

I'm DONE!!!!!!!!! Got my rooms at the Fairmont (Hilton and Marriott are sold out as far as 1 bedded rooms go) after about a 15 minute wait on the international line!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Gwydion

How the hell are people getting in on any phone line? I just get busy and error signals! What does it hate cell phones?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Gwydion on November 10, 2014, 03:31:06 PM
How the hell are people getting in on any phone line? I just get busy and error signals! What does it hate cell phones?

speedials kinda help alot... but we also had to do this repeatedly like the right clicking error
..I live in san francisco.. and sadly i tried to get the hotel.. it wsays i have the hotel but when i check out.. I DONT  have the hotel

Avairrianna

I feel like this is kinda cheating but there are auto-redialers apps out there and that's how I finally got through....

I just put in the 415 number and tell it how often to redial (every 3 seconds)
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Nina Star 9

My sister was finally able to get through on the international line. Got our room at the Hilton, which was our top choice. I'm glad she was able to take care of that. :]

Though, this system is really getting out of hand. It's way too competitive, the systems never work, the phone lines now aren't working, if there's one little error in the process or if someone can't get to the computer or phone in time they can't get a room, it's just a huge mess in general. :[ And, as I see, still no official word on the FB or Twitter about the systems being down, such as an apology for the problems or info about how to go about booking if you can't get through on the website, etc. (It also took a lot longer to get the housing link up on the website than it did to get it up on the actual registration page, which seems like a problem, though since no one seemed to be able to get through either way, it probably didn't create any issues.)

Any way that at least the servers can be stable next year? The mad dash for housing would be much more tolerable (if still totally inexcusable to have housing sell out /that/ quickly) if at least the website worked well enough for people to get the housing they needed. (and I'm a Homestuck fan, I'm used to fans crashing servers. ;])

Hachimitsu

as of now im trying to contact Housing for two informations.. ONE is the hotel registration i already booked is confirmed or not and the other is...well.. its kinda obvious -_-!.. Plan B..

YEAH I FIND IT TO BELEIVE THIS YEAR the PHONE SYSTEMS was EASIER to get into than the webpages~!....

i was soo close getting the marriot T_T!!!! :'(

DangerHeart

I got thru on the site and booked the hotel, but...it seems like I HAD to charge for my badges to get the booking locked? I don't know if I misread something, or missed something completely, but now my bank account is overdrawn.

Konekogami

I managed to get through on the phone line and got a room reserved at the Fairmont!

:/ still haven't received email confirmation yet though.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 03:55:31 PM
I got thru on the site and booked the hotel, but...it seems like I HAD to charge for my badges to get the booking locked? I don't know if I misread something, or missed something completely, but now my bank account is overdrawn.

sorry to hear that. Yeah I ACTUALLY did the full part of this registration and I WAS VERY certain I have the marriott with me on my account, but when it gets checked out..
a huge hashtag apeared reading

## HOTEL ##
and not the actual registration "OF the hotel" and so far ended paying the badge instead..

THIS year was really difficult... I find it to believe the PHONE LINES are MUCH easier to get into. So as of now I have a hotel for my sister and myself at the hyatt.. only downside is that SHE has the thursday while mines is on friday!...

Fanime hotel registration Is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT that I am beginning to worried how Anime expo hotel registration is the same difficulty as Fanime! (with all the shut downs and what nots!)

as of now.. getting a hotel registration should be easier to apply for but sadly only one hotel remains since fairmont, hilton and Marriott are sold out!

Glitch

Quote from: Avairrianna on November 10, 2014, 03:37:45 PM
I feel like this is kinda cheating but there are auto-redialers apps out there and that's how I finally got through....

I just put in the 415 number and tell it how often to redial (every 3 seconds)
We do what we can to win. victory goes the smartest.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on November 10, 2014, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

sorry to hear that. Yeah I ACTUALLY did the full part of this registration and I WAS VERY certain I have the marriott with me on my account, but when it gets checked out..
a huge hashtag apeared reading

## HOTEL ##
and not the actual registration "OF the hotel" and so far ended paying the badge instead..

THIS year was really difficult... I find it to believe the PHONE LINES are MUCH easier to get into. So as of now I have a hotel for my sister and myself at the hyatt.. only downside is that SHE has the thursday while mines is on friday!...

Fanime hotel registration Is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT that I am beginning to worried how Anime expo hotel registration is the same difficulty as Fanime! (with all the shut downs and what nots!)

as of now.. getting a hotel registration should be easier to apply for but sadly only one hotel remains since fairmont, hilton and Marriott are sold out!

I don't understand why it's so different from last year. Luckily my boyfriend and I have some cash in saving(for a different con) that we can put in the bank to cover this, I just find it insane. It was so much easier last year when housing and badges were separate.

Vasyenka

Quick question! The last part of the hotel registration is stating that "Your credit card will be charged immediately upon clicking 'Accept Conditions and Submit Payment'". Does this mean your card gets charged full amount? I can't seem to reserve a hotel any other way, and I'm hesitant to click on this if I'm going to be charged the full amount right away. This is the first I've seen this, so may I please have verification?
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Naiagu

It took me almost 4 hours of refreshes and over 200 calls to both the international and local line to finally book a room. I didnt managed to get any double beds :( but at least I got a thurs-friday which was my biggest goal.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

venus_ivy

Quote from: pitin on November 10, 2014, 11:28:17 AM
I'm so glad to see that Fanime was able to get Four Points to offer housing through Fanime this year. Last year they were one of the last hotels with available rooms and were doing some horrible price gouging because of it. (Trust me, I looked up their prices for the following weekend and the difference was ridiculous).

Please note that the Four Points that is available this year is not the Four Points near the SJCC. This is their airport location.
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 04:11:07 PM
I don't understand why it's so different from last year.

Probably trying out some new system to link badges and hotels so as to try to cut down on scalping or something. Maybe they were going to try out "pre-reg required for a hotel" like they were going to do last year.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Vasyenka on November 10, 2014, 04:13:02 PM
Quick question! The last part of the hotel registration is stating that "Your credit card will be charged immediately upon clicking 'Accept Conditions and Submit Payment'". Does this mean your card gets charged full amount? I can't seem to reserve a hotel any other way, and I'm hesitant to click on this if I'm going to be charged the full amount right away. This is the first I've seen this, so may I please have verification?

I did this and it charged me for groups badges to hold the room.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 04:22:58 PM
Quote from: Vasyenka on November 10, 2014, 04:13:02 PM

More like ScamimeCon

Vasyenka

Quote from: DangerHeart on November 10, 2014, 04:22:58 PM
I'm still a little confused about this. I have a housing account and a hotel reservation showing up on my dashboard, however the reservation is for four people and there's only myself listed on the account. Does this mean I'm going to be charged for one badge, or possibly four? What exactly am I going to be charged for with this reservation? (I was under the impression that the credit card was merely a means to holding a reservation, as my group and I usually pay in cash~)

Things are so different this year, and I don't know what to do lol~ ;w;

Admiral Donuts

I doubt they'd list all four people on the reservation.

Credit card is safer to book with since you can cancel the charges if there's a problem.

Vasyenka

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on November 10, 2014, 04:36:01 PM
I doubt they'd list all four people on the reservation.

Credit card is safer to book with since you can cancel the charges if there's a problem.
I'm aware, and I always reserve with a credit card in the first place. My question is what exactly is my credit card going to be charged for with regarding these changes, as I mentioned the statement of "Your credit card will be charged immediately upon clicking 'Accept Conditions and Submit Payment'" has been added.