Magi gathering? 2015

Started by Hikari Renge, November 03, 2014, 03:28:47 PM

Hikari Renge

I apologize if there is already a thread here, but I just can't seem to find it. ^^u

But I was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up a Magi gathering with me? I heard there was one last year and missed it, so I want to try and stay in the loop this year. I am planning a genderbent!Sinbad again- last year was my first time cosplaying (first con, actually) and he was my first, so I am looking forward to revamping him this year. :)
Fri: Casual
Sat: Nelliel Tu Odelschwank (Bleach)
Sun: Genderbent!Sinbad, High King of the Seven Seas (Magi)
Mon: Casual

Naiagu

One of my good friends usually runs it. Not sure if she's running it this year but I'm sure she'll post here soon :D. I'm making Sphintus Carmen for this one (I used to be Morgiana lol) and I'll be with my friend whose joining me with my Aladdin and HOPEFULLY my Tidus in our magnostadt outfits!
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Hikari Renge

Okay! Well if she does make a thread, I'll be sure to keep an eye out! That's exciting! I can't wait to see you guys! ^^

maikiritori

Normally the returning organizers reuse their threads. There is a URL list pinned on the Cosplay! Construction, Tips, Gatherings, Advice page. The forums should start picking up close to Thanksgiving/Christmas because of the holiday breaks for schools.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

ghoulpixel

I love how this fandom is slowly growing <3 I'd love a Magi gathering dear , go for it !
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

Hikari Renge

Quote from: KomaedaNagito on November 10, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
I love how this fandom is slowly growing <3 I'd love a Magi gathering dear , go for it !

Isn't it great? ^^ I saw only a couple of cosplayers last year, (Alibaba, Judal and Kougyoku) and really wished I could've taken pictures with them lol It's a wonderful series!

Okay! I'll wait a bit longer to see if the old thread pops up, and go from there. ^^

Nikkiolie

I'll have Judal this year. I'm not sure if I will be able to take my staff or not. It's kinda big...like 6'5" feet tall and I am flying. But I am super excited! I wore Judal back in 2013 and he was well recived.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Hikari Renge

Great! Can't wait to see!!! Ohh, maybe you could construct his wand instead? That's only about the size of a regular ruler, if you wanted to!

Hikari Renge

Also, does anyone have any news on the previous group coordinator?

Nikkiolie

Quote from: Hikari Renge on January 23, 2015, 10:36:55 AM
Great! Can't wait to see!!! Ohh, maybe you could construct his wand instead? That's only about the size of a regular ruler, if you wanted to!
I already have the wand done so that wont be a problem :P
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Hikari Renge

Quote from: Nikkiolie on January 25, 2015, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: Hikari Renge on January 23, 2015, 10:36:55 AM
I already have the wand done so that wont be a problem :P

Awesome! ^^

Hikari Renge

HEY FOLKS-!!! I need to know if anyone has heard anything about the Magi gathering from last year! As it is, it might just be an informal gathering at this point since I may have to cut my time at the con short D8

Please, let me know if anyone hears anything! PM works too!

Hikari Renge

MaigoLily

Whoops! Hello, hi, Magi gathering organizer here xD It's hard to find anything on Magi because it gets swallowed up by the word magic. I wonder why. ;A; I totally never saw this.

Here's the link to the gathering, I will update when I get more information and things start moving because everything seems to be in a vegetative state at the moment, but I am sure the gatherings department is working on something.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18143.msg453984.html#msg453984

Just as a head start since people seem interested, if you would like to help me run the gathering, please contact me. Your help is greatly appreciated. And make sure to comment on the thread which character you will do. Get your friends to join in as well!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC