Panelist Registration

Started by Nina Star 9, November 10, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

Nina Star 9

Hello,

Any word on registration for people who want to be panelists? I know that Fanime has given badge discounts in the past for panelists, but I've never paneled at this con before and can't find any info on how it is going to work for this year. Do I register normally and get reimbursed later if my panel(s) get accepted, or do I register separately later? I seem to remember reading that panelists register separately and later in order to get the discount -- would panel applications and approvals be done in time for rejected panelists to still get the lowest price tier, and if not, is there a way to create a different type of reimbursement system for these people? I don't want to wait until the last minute to register, hoping I'll be doing panels, and then have my idea(s) rejected and have to pay a much higher price because of it, since that seems pretty unfair to potential panelists.

I'm asking this here because this is a registration question, not primarily a panels question. If I'm asking in the wrong place, please direct me to the people I should be asking.

ewu

I have split off your message to a separate topic. I think it is covered in the panels sub-forum, but you are right that it may also belong in reg.

I would suggest emailing panelsATfanimeDOTcom and asking. I will do a little digging to see if I can find an answer.

Thanks for your interest!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Hey look, the information is on our new grand spaken shiny website: (adjectives should be reordered as appropriate)
http://www.fanime.com/panels/panelist-information/

Badge Refunds for Fan Panelists:
Fan panels are an essential part of our "by fans, for fans" convention. Please note that this year, Panels is switching to refunds instead of discounts:
1 hour panel = 33% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
2 hours of panels = 66% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
3 hours of panels = 100% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
*You may have multiple assistants for your panel. However, the discounts are only applied to two badges.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nina Star 9

Thanks for the prompt reply, Eric. :]

I seem to remember the info being on the forums last year, and I did a bit of digging in the panels subforum but couldn't find it.

However, I did find the info I needed on the website! I didn't look too hard there at first because I wasn't actually expecting this kind of information to be posted yet. I'm genuinely impressed.

For anyone else interested in the answer:
http://www.fanime.com/panels/panelist-information/

QuoteBadge Refunds for Fan Panelists:
Fan panels are an essential part of our "by fans, for fans" convention. Please note that this year, Panels is switching to refunds instead of discounts:
1 hour panel = 33% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
2 hours of panels = 66% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
3 hours of panels = 100% refund on any badge for yourself and one assistant.*
*You may have multiple assistants for your panel. However, the discounts are only applied to two badges.
Please note the following:
In the past, Panels has done 'discounts' at the time of the badge purchase. To enable panelists to pre-purchase their badges, and make signing up for other events (Artist Alley, Swap Meet, etc.) easier, we are moving to a refund system for 2015.
Badges for Panelists: FAQ
If I already have a full weekend badge for the convention do I need a "panels" badge in order to host my panel?
Answer: No.
How do badge discounts work? When will we get the refunds, and how?
Answer:
How do badge refunds work? Panels will ave a form to fill out at the Panelist Lounge. We recommend filling it out with your legal name, e-mail address, and physical address. Panel staff will sign off on the form after your panel(s) has been given.
When do we get the refunds? We are uncertain at the moment of the exact time, but it should come in the mail (to the address you gave us) 6-8 weeks after the convention.
What happens if I am approved to host a panel and then it is later cancelled? Do I still get my badge refunds?
Answer If the convention needs to cancel your panel(s), you will still receive the badge refunds for the panel(s) that were previously scheduled. If you cancel a panel yourself, you will not receive the badge refunds that you would have been eligible for.

EDIT: you ninja'd me with the same info. Thanks for looking. :]

Admiral Donuts

ewu

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on November 10, 2014, 04:07:04 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply, Eric. :]

EDIT: you ninja'd me with the same info. Thanks for looking. :]

Ninja FTW!!!!!!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom