So You're New to the Con Scene

Started by captainvontapdat, November 14, 2014, 12:44:40 AM

captainvontapdat

Hello everyone! I'm interested in creating an info panel about the con scene here in California for people who are unfamiliar with conventions and in which Fanime is their first con. If anybody is interested, I would like to have 3-4 panelists with various con experiences throughout California (whether it be just an attendee, a staff member, cosplayer, artist etc.) We can also have each panelist specialize in a certain California con as well and present their own information on their experiences.

For the sake of time, this panel will cover 4 California conventions based on location and popularity which include:

NorCal:
Sacanime
Animation on Display or Kraken Con (whichever is larger and more popular we'll cover)

SoCal:
Anime Expo
San Diego Comic-Con - I'll cover this one 

If there any other cons out there that's worth mentioning, let me know. I think it will be a great way for newbies to the con scene know about other other opportunities throughout the year to nerd out and meet people. If interested, please reply to this post. Also privately message me the list of cons you've been to, whether you go to cons to be at artist alley, cosplay, or volunteer/staff, and which con(s) you're interested in presenting. I will update the above list of cons on who is presenting what once I determine the panelists. I hope to make this panel a reality and hopefully I'll see you all there!