ARTIST ALLEY application opening information

Started by melodiiousness, December 15, 2014, 09:13:07 PM

melodiiousness

We have released the details concerning our Artist Alley application process woohoo~! You can find these fun, exciting details at the application site at http://apps.fanime.com/2015/artistinfo/.

The site will be taking applications from Dec. 19 12:01PM - Dec. 31 12:01PM. (see below)

Due to the modifications we are making to system, there are still a few minor details subject to change. I will update this thread with these changes as they occur, so make sure to check this thread periodically.

Application window now extended to January 04, 2015 12:01pm!

Eric Edit: Application window
Ask me any questions concerning Registration, Artist Alley, Art Gallery, Dealers, Charity, Fan Storage, or Swap Meet!

Fan Services Director '15
Fan Services Second '13-'14
Registration Grunt '07-'12

Admiral Donuts

That seems like a really narrow window. The deadline closes in less than two weeks? During which there's Christmas and New Year's? Plenty of people have been surprised by the early reg and hotel registration already, you're probably going to end up with a few angry artists...

melodiiousness

This is how table selection should work, SUBJECT TO CHANGE as it is still a WIP:

After you have been selected, you will go back into your account and access a live interactive map. There you will click on the table you want to reserve. That table will be reserved for a set amount of time, and will show up as unavailable to others during that time. Table payment needs to be made within that time limit or it will be released from reservation.
Ask me any questions concerning Registration, Artist Alley, Art Gallery, Dealers, Charity, Fan Storage, or Swap Meet!

melodiiousness

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on December 16, 2014, 04:55:44 PM
That seems like a really narrow window. The deadline closes in less than two weeks? During which there's Christmas and New Year's? Plenty of people have been surprised by the early reg and hotel registration already, you're probably going to end up with a few angry artists...

We have actually doubled our application window from last year. This was to account for the holiday season and because we are opening so much earlier we could afford to. Already some have said two weeks is too long, while others say it is too short. :(

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: melodiiousness on December 18, 2014, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Donuts on December 16, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

We have actually doubled our application window from last year. This was to account for the holiday season and because we are opening so much earlier we could afford to. Already some have said two weeks is too long, while others say it is too short. :(

I admit, this worried me a bit as well.  Then I was talking to my boyfriend (who has staffing experience), and he brought up a good point.  The holidays are a good time for judging, since they might be off from school, or have lighter workloads, or similar.  It might seem a bit sudden, but it makes sense in some ways.  Otherwise, you have issues that might keep folks from convening, and that just pushes things back and pushes them back, then it runs into Spring and you start scrambling.

Also, melodiiousness, thank you (and/or your staff)!  I've e-mailed you guys a couple times with questions, and you've been nothing but helpful and professional.

Oniko

The earlier submission date is a double edge sword.
Normally I would be thrilled to see things getting done faster but this year is a little different for me as I havnt had as much free time to make new art.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is I dont have many new things to show for submission so early. 
I've been planning/attending my own wedding sense Jan.  Now that it is over I plan to start doing a lot more art work again.  Hopefully this doesnt hold me back too much or theres a place to write in some comments or something to explain.

Honestly though I still think the new early application starting date is good or a least better than applications opening up in lets say March.

I figure even though badge and payment must be done by March we will know early if you made it in or not so that gives plenty of time for once to prepare product. 
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth