Open rooms still (Re: Fanime 2015 Roommate thread)

Started by SpiritOfKairi, January 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: bxtler on January 25, 2015, 02:06:31 AM
Room availability at the San Jose Garden Hotel.
I know the Fanime 2015 rooms were brutally massacred before most people actually got a hold of one,
so I'm just giving a temporary heads up that there's been some availability at the San Jose Garden Hotel for the past few days.
[I've been going back every now &then to check if it's still there.]
For anyone who needs it.

Have to say I'm a little surprised rooms are available without having to be on the waiting list.  Then again, most people were booking rooms at the farther hotels and then waitlisting for places like the Fairmont/Marriott.  Still, looks like a good deal if you haven't booked yet and don't want to pay out the nose for a room.  And actually, that kind of makes me wonder if people have been able to move up to the Fairmont/Hilton since it logically follows that after booking at the Garden Hotel and waitlisting for a closer place, that those individuals got their preferred rooms, and then cancelled their old reservations.  If that's true, I'm a bit shocked that so many were able to move up, but glad people got their preferred rooms.  Fanime really needs to use a different system for hotel booking in the future, though.  Think it's become quite clear that CMR simply can't handle it anymore with how much the convention has grown the last few years.  It shouldn't take 2 hours and a splitting headache just to hope that you'll get a good room.

digipokefan

Hi, I might be interested, how far is it from the convention center?

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM
I know the Fanime 2015 rooms were brutally massacred before most people actually got a hold of one,
so I'm just giving a temporary heads up that there's been some availability at the San Jose Garden Hotel for the past few days.
For anyone who needs it.

Have to say I'm a little surprised rooms are available without having to be on the waiting list.  Then again, most people were booking rooms at the farther hotels and then waitlisting for places like the Fairmont/Marriott.  Still, looks like a good deal if you haven't booked yet and don't want to pay out the nose for a room.  And actually, that kind of makes me wonder if people have been able to move up to the Fairmont/Hilton since it logically follows that after booking at the Garden Hotel and waitlisting for a closer place, that those individuals got their preferred rooms, and then cancelled their old reservations.  If that's true, I'm a bit shocked that so many were able to move up, but glad people got their preferred rooms.  Fanime really needs to use a different system for hotel booking in the future, though.  Think it's become quite clear that CMR simply can't handle it anymore with how much the convention has grown the last few years.  It shouldn't take 2 hours and a splitting headache just to hope that you'll get a good room.
They say there is no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing at all. No matter how far you walk, it's just the same road, it just goes on and on. But in spite of that...Why am I so driven to find it?
Kiba

shadowfox

If they meant the San Jose Airport Garden Hotel... It's about a ten minute walk to the Doubletree Hotel.
I got a room their yesterday and it still listed a few double queen bed rooms. 

Quote from: digipokefan on March 05, 2015, 09:09:31 AM
Hi, I might be interested, how far is it from the convention center?

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM
For anyone who needs it.

LukeCalhan

Hey! My friends and I are looking to share a room with a few people!
We plan to split up the group and try to fit at least 2 friends to a room.
There's 6 of us D:
We had to do a last minute thing, due to work lols.
So if anyone has some room to fit me and a few of my friends let me know!
We're totally fine with sleeping on the floor if there's no beds for sure.

Kanameshito

Do you still require a room? I have a bed available in the Doubletree If you're interested it is 25 per night and you and your friends can share a bed to yourselves
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Silent Vengeance

have a room at the hyatt from thursday-monday(9am) if anyone still requires a room
Shinichigo Shiro (Danganronpa)

LukeCalhan

@ Kanamashito

yes! My friends and I are still interested!
We've been trying to find a room for a while!
I'm not sure how to work this website, so sorry
if I'm not very good at replying!

I tried to send a private message, but not
sure it went through!