Cosplay-Related Panels at Fanimecon 2015

Started by Nina Star 9, January 30, 2015, 03:06:34 PM

Nina Star 9

Hello everyone!

I have developed a couple of cosplay help panels and have given them at this past SacAnime Winter. One is titled How to Level Up Your Cosplay and the other is Fabric Choice for Cosplay.

I was wondering what the interest for these two panels would be for this upcoming Fanimecon, and if there are any other cosplay-related topics that people would like to see, or any other types of information that people are interested in. I want to try to fill in the gaps where other cosplay panels don't usually hit, which is why I haven't developed an intro to cosplay type panel or some other common panel types (that often, admittedly, aren't in my particular skillset -- wigs and posing are often covered, and not exactly my forte, for example).

The two panels I have given were quite popular at the con (and later online, as you can see by the notes on those two posts), and I hope that there is interest at this con for these same panels and/or other similar panels.

If anyone has any interest in these panels or ideas for different types of cosplay-related panels that you would like to see, please let me know. Are there any topics not covered that you would like to know more about? Would people like general panels (like the Level Up panel) or more specific and in-depth ones (like the Fabric Choice panel)?

Xia

Both of these are something I'd be really interested in! I am still new to sewing and making my own cosplay items from scratch.

If there's any other cosplay panel topic, I want to have one that shows and teaches how to draft and assemble your own patterns. Many times I look at my own clothing as guidance, but then have difficulty trying to break down the parts as if I'm making my own patterns. This would be awesome to see and learn since there's a bunch of characters I'd love to cosplay someday that needs custom patterns!