Re: guest suggestions in the thread - Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2015!!!!!!!!!!

Started by citrus, February 05, 2015, 02:33:31 AM

citrus

Yeah... what are the chances of ANY of our suggestions being taken into account? With the past few years with guests I NEVER even heard of or are just simply easy and cheap to get. I'm still very cyanical with what guests we're getting this year.How bout people in anime industry NOBODY has a clue who they are? Or maybe we'll get some American voice actors that hasn't even gotten a noteworthy role in an awful long time? In which at that time no one will care as well. Simply from the give past. I have a feeling some of the guests were there JUST to fill in the void. And you know what the funny thing is?                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Sacanime gets WAY more and BETTER guests then fanimecon has during the past few years. 2011 was the last year that what I considered Fanime ever had a truly magnificent guest roster. Each year the convention gets bigger but is it getting better? I'm starting to think no. It's been much harder to even get a hotel now and each year I haven't seen many guests that I'm truly excited for. I swear if I don't see any names that many anime fans would know or truly adore. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

VakarianAlphaPunk

Quote from: Firefury Amahira on October 21, 2014, 12:41:09 AM
The guys from Team Four Star! It always sounds like their convention appearances are a blast (especially their 18+ panels) but I haven't been able to go to the cons that they normally go to!
^ THIS! We should have Team Four Star (or the Game Grumps if they're available)
2018 LineUp:
Tanaka Ryuunosuke (Haikyuu)
Sakamichi Onoda (Yowamushi Pedal)
Sero Hanta (BNHA)
Fantasy!Sero (BNHA)
Souda Kazuichi (?)
Ryohei Sasugawa (KHR)

Imperial

Since we don't plan ahead enough for some guests to join us (Team four star in example), the guest book elsewhere, thus I believe the ball needs to roll a lot earlier in planning for guests for our con in order to get more desired guests. Like when the site launches, we should have guests already planned, yet we dont have to announce it as we get them, and can request that they don't announce immediately. Yes, some do not open their schedules that far ahead, it does not mean you can't have sights set on them the moment they open up. But hey, thats just an idea I can dream of.

Markiplier panels are amazing to go to, and he somewhat is planning is schedule now.

echoshadow

Quote from: citrus on February 05, 2015, 02:33:31 AM
Yeah... what are the chances of ANY of our suggestions being taken into account? With the past few years with guests I NEVER even heard of or are just simply easy and cheap to get. I'm still very cyanical with what guests we're getting this year.How bout people in anime industry NOBODY has a clue who they are? Or maybe we'll get some American voice actors that hasn't even gotten a noteworthy role in an awful long time? In which at that time no one will care as well. Simply from the give past. I have a feeling some of the guests were there JUST to fill in the void. And you know what the funny thing is?                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Sacanime gets WAY more and BETTER guests then fanimecon has during the past few years. 2011 was the last year that what I considered Fanime ever had a truly magnificent guest roster. Each year the convention gets bigger but is it getting better? I'm starting to think no. It's been much harder to even get a hotel now and each year I haven't seen many guests that I'm truly excited for. I swear if I don't see any names that many anime fans would know or truly adore. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Honestly there's a lot of conventions out there that clearly have more money and more "resources" than Fanime have. What it comes down to is how much money would the guest get from attending.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

ewu

So we actually have a database of all the requests in this thread and this is not a blind thread. Please keep the suggestions flowing.

As for booking earlier, we are working hard on moving up the timeline. While its hard to show you progress, our acquisitions timeline is moving up. However, it takes time to move it up and it takes time for other convention resources like budgeting to ramp up to support the timeline change.

We are working to improve and love to hear your continued feedback.

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

lovepulse

Quote from: citrus on February 05, 2015, 02:33:31 AM

I liked the guests we had last year.  Just because you've never heard of them, doesn't mean they're awful.  The guest panels I went to were full.