Make a new friend?

Started by Aki_fox, February 17, 2015, 05:00:24 PM

Aki_fox

:D Hi! I'm 27 and I would really like to meet some new people around my age or older. Maybe get some tea or whatever...

Admiral Donuts

Jebus

I'm 26 and also like to meet new people. I'm not really sure if I'm going this year but it would be nice to find someone else around my age

echoshadow

You mean during Fanime or hanging out on weekends?

If your ok with some alcoholic beverages, then we could put together a meet and great.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Aki_fox

Quote from: Jebus on February 17, 2015, 09:26:10 PM
I'm 26 and also like to meet new people. I'm not really sure if I'm going this year but it would be nice to find someone else around my age
I'm not sure if I'm going to go this year either but I really want to go! I've gone to Fanime since 2007 and I've never missed a year.

Aki_fox

Aki_fox

Quote from: echoshadow on February 18, 2015, 06:21:20 PM

If your ok with some alcoholic beverages, then we could put together a meet and great.

I was thinking during Fanime but I wouldn't mind maybe having one on the weekends either. I'd have to drive up with some girlfriends. I'm ok with alcohol I just drink that much.   

Jebus

Well if not this year there's always next year. I seem to have gotten to the roommate rush late so it seems I'm sort of SOL. I've had bad luck getting conventions planned lately. Looks like I'm down to one convention this year, since AX hasn't had hotels posted yet and I didn't have any luck getting a badge for comic con

Aki_fox

Quote from: Jebus on February 21, 2015, 10:48:39 AM
Well if not this year there's always next year. I seem to have gotten to the roommate rush late so it seems I'm sort of SOL. I've had bad luck getting conventions planned lately. Looks like I'm down to one convention this year, since AX hasn't had hotels posted yet and I didn't have any luck getting a badge for comic con

That's true! Well hopefully things get better for you! I know planning for conventions is stressful.
How is comic con by the way? I've always wanted to go but I've always seem to miss the window of opportunity.

echoshadow

Quote from: Aki_fox on February 21, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

I was thinking during Fanime but I wouldn't mind maybe having one on the weekends either. I'd have to drive up with some girlfriends. I'm ok with alcohol I just drink that much.
Cool, I was thinking during Fanime too. If we get a few more people together we can do a margarita night or some other cocktail night. It ends up being cheaper than paying for two drinks at a bar. That's a idea. There's always a pizza party option too.

Jebus

Quote from: Aki_fox on February 23, 2015, 05:12:15 PM
Quote from: Jebus on February 21, 2015, 10:48:39 AM

That's true! Well hopefully things get better for you! I know planning for conventions is stressful.
How is comic con by the way? I've always wanted to go but I've always seem to miss the window of opportunity.

Never actually been. I've heard good things. Hoped I'd at least get one badge so I could see what all the fuss is about but no dice. Just trying to plan for other things now and try again next yer

echoshadow

Quote from: Jebus on February 23, 2015, 07:37:39 PM
Never actually been. I've heard good things. Hoped I'd at least get one badge so I could see what all the fuss is about but no dice. Just trying to plan for other things now and try again next yer
You know what, I been trying to go for the last 5 years.
NYCC still has tickets..... But it's not the same as SDCC, so said a couple of friends that went to both.

HeyItsMeeEE

I'm down to drink during Fanime. It's most fun when drinking in a big group  :D
SUP?

Jebus

Quote from: echoshadow on February 23, 2015, 07:47:28 PM
NYCC still has tickets..... But it's not the same as SDCC, so said a couple of friends that went to both.

If I had the cash to throw down for it I might be more interested in going to nycc, but eh. As much as I'd like to spend some time in ny, sdcc is just closer and easier. I don't know anyone on the east coast so it would be kind of a logistics nightmare

Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on February 23, 2015, 10:56:30 PM

I might actually be down to spend a day at fanime even if I still don't find a room for this. Don't get the full experience but at least get a little down time with some peeps

Aki_fox

Quote from: echoshadow on February 23, 2015, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: Aki_fox on February 21, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Cool, I was thinking during Fanime too. If we get a few more people together we can do a margarita night or some other cocktail night. It ends up being cheaper than paying for two drinks at a bar. That's a idea. There's always a pizza party option too.
Have you ever gone party hopping at Fanime? My girlfriend D has done it. She says it's really easy to do. I was actually thinking about taking her up on the offer. Since I've never done it before.

Aki_fox

Quote from: Jebus on February 23, 2015, 11:26:34 PM
Quote from: echoshadow on February 23, 2015, 07:47:28 PM

If I had the cash to throw down for it I might be more interested in going to nycc, but eh. As much as I'd like to spend some time in ny, sdcc is just closer and easier. I don't know anyone on the east coast so it would be kind of a logistics nightmare

Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on February 23, 2015, 10:56:30 PM

I might actually be down to spend a day at fanime even if I still don't find a room for this. Don't get the full experience but at least get a little down time with some peeps

I was actually thinking the same thing as well if worst comes to worst. It would be a shame not to go since I always have fun and I've been going for years.

echoshadow

Quote from: Aki_fox on February 24, 2015, 01:50:46 PM
Have you ever gone party hopping at Fanime? My girlfriend D has done it. She says it's really easy to do. I was actually thinking about taking her up on the offer. Since I've never done it before.

I have on other cons. Fanime has always been ahoy or a miss. Mostly it's a bit of a dry/close knit group. (For me at lest) the room "parties" I been to where just friends of friends, not really open to new people they just meet.

I have tried to start a 21+ M&G in the past but it really never worked out. There was lots of interest but no body wanted to walk a few blocks, spend money, or stay up late. It always left me dumfounded. So I stopped trying to host it.

Jebus

Quote from: Aki_fox on February 24, 2015, 01:53:18 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing as well if worst comes to worst. It would be a shame not to go since I always have fun and I've been going for years.

Yeah. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't because I wanted to at least spend a day even if I couldn't go the whole con. But you know, not having a room is not having a room. I don't want to spend even more on public transportation or parking fees just to be at some random hotel 5 miles away

Quote from: echoshadow on February 24, 2015, 06:24:13 PM

I have on other cons. Fanime has always been ahoy or a miss. Mostly it's a bit of a dry/close knit group. (For me at lest) the room "parties" I been to where just friends of friends, not really open to new people they just meet.

I have tried to start a 21+ M&G in the past but it really never worked out. There was lots of interest but no body wanted to walk a few blocks, spend money, or stay up late. It always left me dumfounded. So I stopped trying to host it.

....Won't walk, won't spend money, won't stay up late. Why even go? Even when I had a sort of meh time at conventions I did all three. Even when I didn't have money I had times I would skimp on food and buy a shirt or something. And all the best food is like a 5 block walk and then right back to the con

Aki_fox

I understand and see how that would be frustrating.  It would be very frustrating for me at least. I'm introverted and can be shy so I usually don't put myself out there. Especially because people don't really want to talk to anyone new. Small talk is so awkward.   I cringe when I have to engage in it. I know I'm anti-social. lol

Aki_fox

Quote from: Jebus on February 25, 2015, 02:25:18 AM
Quote from: Aki_fox on February 24, 2015, 01:53:18 PM

Yeah. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't because I wanted to at least spend a day even if I couldn't go the whole con. But you know, not having a room is not having a room. I don't want to spend even more on public transportation or parking fees just to be at some random hotel 5 miles away

....Won't walk, won't spend money, won't stay up late. Why even go? Even when I had a sort of meh time at conventions I did all three. Even when I didn't have money I had times I would skimp on food and buy a shirt or something. And all the best food is like a 5 block walk and then right back to the con

I love going to cons but I do have anxiety and not eating or sleeping fucks me up. If I don't get enough sleep I'm at a higher risk for a panic attack. Which sucks balls.