2016 Homestuck Gathering!

Started by Imperial, February 18, 2015, 01:43:45 AM

Imperial

The NEW Homestuck 2016 Gathering

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Day: Sunday
Time : Probably the same as last year, 4pm
Where: Same as last year, Most Likely.

Watch this Video If you want to Help this gathering come into Fruition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOBy6iQwEU

***Homestuck Gathering Rules***: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CsxJSNpSph-9BmBidS4P69PI6ACxUh1GXb6eUtonl_4

The Following Positions NEED to be FILLED so PLEASE step up to make this gathering happen.
On Site (Fanime) Gathering Organizers and Assistants:
Lead Organizer: Tjimmy2
Assistant #1:
Assistant #2:
Assistant #3:
Assistant #4:

Photography Roll Call Assistants:
#1: Tjimmy2
#2: "John"
#3: "Tony"
#4:

Want to help? Message here or PM me or Email, or phone if you prefer, and I can let you know what you can do to help!

GATHERING ROLL CALL!

BETA KIDS GROUP SHOT (John, Rose, Dave, Jade)
BETA KIDS SINGLES.
ALPHA KIDS GROUP SHOT.
(Jane, Dirk, Roxy, Jake.)
ALPHA KIDS SINGLES.

GUARDIANS AND SPRITES
(Mom, Bro, Dad, Bec, Grandpa Harley, Alpha Guardians, JaspersSprite, Jade Sprite, Dave Sprite, Nanna Sprite, Tavris Sprite, Erisol Sprite, Fefeta Sprite, ARquius Sprite.)

CARAPACE & INTERMISSION CHARACTERS (Propitians, Dersites, Felt, Midnight Crew, Ms Paint, Skaia Royalty, Problem Sleuth Jack Noir, Bec Noir, PM, etc.)

CHERUBS & HUSSIE (Calliope, Calliborn, Lord English, Hussie)

OTHER (AU's, Original Designs, Fantrolls.)

Video Game Characters

Ancestors (Summoner, Psionic, Mindfang, Condes, etc)

Dancestors (Alpha trolls etc)

LOWER CASTE TROLLS GROUP SHOT. (Aries to Virgo)
HIGHER CASTE TROLLS GROUP SHOT. (Libra to Pisces)

TROLLS BY BLOOD COLOR. (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Leo, Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces)

GOD TIERS
DREAMERS:
TRICKSTERS:

Imperial

reserving this space for NEWS TIME

Baystuck

I WANT TO GO TO THIS SO BAD unfortunately I do not know my way around the area this is being held at ;-; and if I am going alone I will get so lost.

Imperial

Baystuck, Calm. Honk a clown horn. Relax. There will be staff at con in non-badged areas where you can ask where it is. That, and the con has info desks that can point you the right way. as soon as its confirmed, I will take photos and google map the place JUST FOR YOU!

Acey Arisen

I definitely intend to go as Kanaya. I'm not sure I'll be able to help with organizing this year, but I'm interested in attending, at least.
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

Nina Star 9

Bumping this!

I should be attending as the Condesce, as usual.

I won't be able to help much with the gathering itself (that costume is slightly hellish to wear), but if you need any behind-the-scenes help prior to the con, I can see what I can do. Do you want me to put out some calls for volunteers on tumblr? I don't know how many I can get you, but I can at least try, and it's always good to advertise for the positions you need.

Also, stay tuned for Dinnerstuck info. I'm trying to figure out some other scheduling things before I get anything narrowed down, but it's looking like it'll be Saturday night, cap of 20 people, possibly at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'm also considering doing an informal Barstuck event for those 21+, possibly on Friday night, if I'm not busy

Imperial

Yes, Please Advertise. I have been sending out posts on the homestuck, homestuck gathering, and Fanime tags on Tumblr, and I don't know if tumblr just flat out hates me, or nobody notices me (I think this, but meh).

Avairrianna

Wow I can't believe no one is signing up for this! How was the turn out last year?

I helped moderate 2 years ago so if you need people tjimmy to help you control the crowd I can help.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Nina Star 9

The turnout was pretty huge last year. I know that a lot of the fandom (or at least the very active parts) have dropped off due to all the hiatuses, but it's still surprising that no one is posting in this thread or really even talking about the gathering on tumblr (the only social media I have). I have a feeling it'll still be a large gathering this year, but it may not have the same strength of fandom as it has in previous years, and it'll be mostly newer fans and the most hardcore of fans. (Though, with the comic returning on Monday there might be some nostalgia from people who used to be into it, but I think a lot of people have moved on to other fandoms -- I'm mostly just here because I want an excuse to wear all my elaborate HS cosplays, haha)

I'll advertise this weekend that y'all need some help with this gathering. Hopefully I can get some people who are interested, or at least get it boosted around tumblr a little.

Imperial

Quote from: Avairrianna on April 10, 2015, 10:05:30 AM
Wow I can't believe no one is signing up for this! How was the turn out last year?

I helped moderate 2 years ago so if you need people tjimmy to help you control the crowd I can help.
Avairrianna, It would be an honor to have you help out. (psst, its tye)

Nina Star 9

I saw your post on tumblr. I'll boost it up and call for people.

I think the problem you were having is that new blogs don't show up in the tags until a certain amount of time or a certain number of posts, so no one was seeing your posts. Hopefully my reblog will help, since I have a number of HS cosplayer followers from the area.

Avairrianna

Quote from: tjimmy2 on April 11, 2015, 03:24:41 AM
Quote from: Avairrianna on April 10, 2015, 10:05:30 AM

Avairrianna, It would be an honor to have you help out. (psst, its tye)

I know it's you! That's why I offered ^__^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Creatrix Tiara

Hi! This will be my first time at Fanime con and I am planning to dress up as a version of God-Tier Rose (it's slightly AUish), so I'd love to come to this meetup.

I'm happy to help on the day of, if given some guidance (because, again, first-timer). I would also be down for a Barstuck - I'm 29, and feel like an epic old fogey in the fandom, so I'd love to connect to other adult fans!

I'd be happy to reblog your Tumblr post if I have a URL or username. I also shared your video on Reddit's Homestuck sub.

:)

Tiara

DogKaiser

Hey everybody! I'm Kaiser, and if this gathering is still happening (which I really hope it is), I wouldn't mind lending a hand if you need me to. I'm not a con master my any means, but this isn't my first time around. This will be my fifth time attending a con (and I've had at least one Homestuck cosplay with me every time!) I've attended multiple Homestuck gatherings, so I've seen chaos and I've seen organization. My brother and I are both willing to assist in keeping things together. I can be most easily contacted on tumblr ( dogkaiser.tumblr.com ) , and my brother can also be reached on tumblr ( sunwitchchosen.tumblr.com ). I'm sending you an email as well. Thanks for putting yourself out there for this gathering!

(Oh and a suggestion? In the video you said that you wanted to make sure everyone knew where the gathering was going to be held, but I didn't attend Fanime last year, so I'm not all that sure where I would go. I'm sure a lot of other con attenders may not have attended last year either, so that might result in a lot of people being lost. I would state exactly where it's going to be held in the main post here. cx )
A Beast of Burden.

Imperial

Update: I have had at my mailing list, and will be sending out more info, but I will have this go for broke!

Nina Star 9

Dinnerstuck info is up. If you are interested, PM me here or on tumblr. It's a bit tentative in terms of time, but it will be Saturday evening. It is always a super chill event, and I hope for a good turnout this year. :]

Quote from: Creatrix Tiara on April 17, 2015, 08:22:24 PM
Hi! This will be my first time at Fanime con and I am planning to dress up as a version of God-Tier Rose (it's slightly AUish), so I'd love to come to this meetup.

I'm happy to help on the day of, if given some guidance (because, again, first-timer). I would also be down for a Barstuck - I'm 29, and feel like an epic old fogey in the fandom, so I'd love to connect to other adult fans!

I'd be happy to reblog your Tumblr post if I have a URL or username. I also shared your video on Reddit's Homestuck sub.

:)

Tiara

I was thinking Barstuck for Friday evening, though I still haven't decided if I want to sell at the Swap Meet or if I want to enter the karaoke contest, and that decision will determine whether Barstuck happens or not. I could always try for Sudnay night, but I'm usually so busy that night and tired that I don't know if I want to bother. Even if I don't have Barstuck, you're always welcome to come to Dinnerstuck. There are a few regulars there (including myself) who are mid twenties and older, and even the younger folks tend to be fairly mature. As I've said, it's pretty chill.

Quote from: DogKaiser on April 18, 2015, 03:28:47 PM
(Oh and a suggestion? In the video you said that you wanted to make sure everyone knew where the gathering was going to be held, but I didn't attend Fanime last year, so I'm not all that sure where I would go. I'm sure a lot of other con attenders may not have attended last year either, so that might result in a lot of people being lost. I would state exactly where it's going to be held in the main post here. cx )
The gathering is always at Cesar Chavez park, directly across the street from the Marriott side of the convention center, in the middle of Market street. It's usually toward the middle of the park, but it should be pretty obvious from the huge crowd of people in grey paint and horns. :]

Here's a map if you aren't familiar with the area. It's a very short walk.

Quote from: tjimmy2 on April 18, 2015, 04:44:52 PM
Update: I have had at my mailing list, and will be sending out more info, but I will have this go for broke!
Do you want me to boost the tumblr post again? Not sure it did much last time, but I can try.

Imperial

DogKaiser

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 18, 2015, 10:03:29 PM
The gathering is always at Cesar Chavez park, directly across the street from the Marriott side of the convention center, in the middle of Market street. It's usually toward the middle of the park, but it should be pretty obvious from the huge crowd of people in grey paint and horns. :]

Here's a map if you aren't familiar with the area. It's a very short walk.

Thank you! Yeah, I'm far from familiar with the area. I actually live in lil' old Merced. The map will come in handy!
A Beast of Burden.

Imperial

Now, I will try to have a case of water at the gathering, but I dont have the means to put it on ice, nor can I afford more stuff. But, we still going strong for this.

DamonKala

Hey. I just got really interested into Homestuck in the past month (April), but I've this is my third year in a row that I'm going to Fanime. I didn't know about the Homestuck gathering, let alone Homestuck, last year; but I really want to participate in something Homestuck related. I've been working on my John costume since Saturday. If you are still looking for a John, I'm available all weekend! If not, I'd like to help out anyways.
P.S Will do Can Town. Sounds super awesome!

Edit: I forgot to mention that my litttle brother is going with me too, and he's going to be Dave (we're both god tier); I'll ask him if he'd like to help too later today.