2016 Homestuck Gathering!

Started by Imperial, February 18, 2015, 01:43:45 AM

Nina Star 9

Quote from: tjimmy2 on May 02, 2015, 08:09:23 AM
Now, I will try to have a case of water at the gathering, but I dont have the means to put it on ice, nor can I afford more stuff. But, we still going strong for this.
I would be willing to chip in for a second case of water, but I won't be able to carry it. If you or someone else will be able to help carry one from my car or hotel room, I'm willing to bring one. Don't want anyone getting dehydrated! (Including me. Especially me. I was sooooo dehydrated last year at this gathering.)

Also, reminder that Dinnerstuck is happening! We have a pretty small RSVP list this year (though I have yet to ask a few of the usual suspects if they are attending), so we can accommodate quite a few more people. PM me here or on tumblr to RSVP.

Imperial

id totally take that offer Nina, question is how far and from where. my arms only do so much, especially cause I am on staff and been working for most of 3 days by the time the gathering happens.

Nina Star 9

I'm staying at the Hilton this year, and will likely be parked in their parking garage. It would probably be easiest (with my limited room space and con time) to buy a case of water before con and just leave it in my car.

If you aren't available to help carry it, I might be able to rope a friend into doing so. :]

Avairrianna

Quote from: tjimmy2 on May 12, 2015, 09:34:06 PM
id totally take that offer Nina, question is how far and from where. my arms only do so much, especially cause I am on staff and been working for most of 3 days by the time the gathering happens.

Dude, if you have a Costco membership you can get a 24 pack of big waters for only $4.85 right now!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Imperial

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 18, 2015, 08:35:56 AM

Dude, if you have a Costco membership you can get a 24 pack of big waters for only $4.85 right now!
I have literally 2 bucks to my name. that, and no costco membership. not trying to sound rude, I promise.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 18, 2015, 08:35:56 AM

I don't have a Costco membership either. :[ Target has a 24 pack of regular size (16.9floz) waters for ~$3 right now, so I was planning on getting that.

Imperial

Well, It was what It was.

I will state again, Thank you again for working with my heatstroke stupid mind. I don't know my hamsteaks too well, but I wanted the gathering to still happen, and you all there working with me made it worth every little thing that happened, cause I knew only a little bit. I also got the shot that I really wanted cause I know this gathering is huge. I do want feedback still, I will take it here, or as I broadcasted at the gathering on tumblr under the tag Fanime Homestuck Gathering 2015, or fanime homestuck 2015, etc. I will try to get to it asap.

Imperial

I know I dont update often, but I will want to carry this over for next year. Updating/ creating gatherings for the next year.

Furrat

Unfortunately I can't lend support on the financial aspects of the gathering but I will have a costume repair kit with me so if anyone's horn breaks, or they rip a seam, or they just need a quick paint touch up look for the very short fancy dreamer Karkat and I'll be glad to lend a hand!

If there are any other ways I can help please let me know!

Nina Star 9

Bumping this. Comic ends tomorrow. I'm bummed, but excited to see how it ends. :|

I'll be at the gathering this year. Last time wearing Condesce, then retiring her. Thank the lord.

Not sure if I'll be able to bring a case of water this year, so I hope someone else is able to. It was hard enough to get that case of water over from the Hilton last year (I enlisted random congoers to help me, so thank you random congoers!!), and I doubt I'll be able to get it from a shuttle hotel in that costume.

Nina Star 9

Are there any upd8s on the location of this gathering? With the park closures, I'm a little worried about it. It looks like only about half the usual area is fenced off, so it might depend on how many people there end up being, but even so, I don't want a bunch of rowdy youngin's messing with the fences or anything, or there being the possibility of an issue there with the closures.

Imperial

So on my tour out and about to day, i will have pictures and answers as to partial park closures as i think the gardening group is there  today.

Nina Star 9

Cool. Keep us posted with fence upd8s. :D

Imperial

So, update is that its still there, and the gardening boys have no instruction so far to remove it. if anything, there is a small lawn more inward of the park that we can use.