Need hotel somewhat close by FanimeCon

Started by Leviathan, February 28, 2015, 09:02:18 PM

Leviathan

FAnime 2015 is rapidly approaching and before I can purchase a ticket I need a hotel to stay over for the few days that I am there (Fri. May 22 - Mon. May 25 or Tues. May 26). I have been looking for the past couple of days and have not been lucky as there really is no available hotel that is somewhat close by convention (about as far as The Fairmont or Ramada or less) and is roughly around $130 per night.

Is anyone here willing to give up their reservation (or is planning to)? If so, please PM me! Also, will it be likely that at the deadline for canceling reservations which is April 24 if I remember correctly, a handful of hotels will open up?

Any other suggestions & tips? Thanks~

Admiral Donuts

You should check out the roommates thread.

There are some hotels close to the con that aren't part of housing, but I doubt you're going to get one for less than $130 per night.

Leviathan

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 01, 2015, 10:56:57 PM
You should check out the roommates thread.

There are some hotels close to the con that aren't part of housing, but I doubt you're going to get one for less than $130 per night.

I have checked the thread and I will probably post myself up if I cannot find a hotel for myself for a few more weeks. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any recruiters of close by hotels at the moment.

Very true. I honestly wouldn't mind paying a bit more than $130 per night but at $339 or $399 per night is inconvenient (I'm looking at you Marriott and Four Points~ OTL).