Do I go to Fanime or a 50th anniversary?

Started by MyMiddleNut, March 02, 2015, 12:36:24 PM

MyMiddleNut

Okay good people of fanime I need your help.  I was invited to a 50th anniversary on May 23rd in the LA area but I really want to go to Fanime. I have a hotel reservation at the Fairmont but have yet to purchase my badge. This would have been my second year going and I was excited to do everything right this year. Plz halp.

Admiral Donuts

How well do you know the people having the anniversary?

MyMiddleNut

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 02, 2015, 04:38:16 PM
How well do you know the people having the anniversary?
They've known me all of my life and I recently stayed with them around new years.  (Not the Chinese one)

echoshadow

It really depends on how much fun your going to have at both events. Will you party all night, dance all night with people you'll have a great time.  Or be stuck with a bunch of people you really don't want to be for more than an hour?

If it was me I'll see which event has a greater possibility to meet women and ask for dates.  But that's my personal opinion.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Sunara Ishi

Are they close enough that it would be unforgivable if you miss their 50th? Most people would consider missing their 50th, for a convention, unacceptable. It is one of those big life events. As much fun as fanime can be, is it worth possibly losing an relationship?

If they are distant enough, they may not care if you don't show.

Is it possible enough to do both? If you leave San Jose on May 22 or May 23 (depending on the time of the event), you could probably do both. Monday is pretty much a dead day anyway. Just give yourself enough time, rest & maybe a car buddy? You can probably talk to hotel staff about leaving early.

If you need to, skip fanime. Though that'd be a last resort for me. I'll be driving 6 hours to attend. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula