Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz

Started by Rurutie8, March 13, 2015, 10:10:39 AM

Rurutie8

I have submitted a proposal to run Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz at Fanime in 2015.  This is a fifty question, open book quiz that begins on the website three weeks before the convention.  I ran this event at Fanime in 2012 and 2014.  The prizes are great.  In 2012 the grand prize was a XBOX-360 and it 2014 it was a PS4.

I am currently running a similar event at Sakuracon.  If you want to see what the questions are like, you can find it at the Sakuracon website on the Programming page under Contests.

lovepulse

Aye aye sir.  The questions don't get any easier, do they?  I hope your panel gets accepted, because I'll be telling everyone I know to participate when it does xD

Just a few questions though.  I remember you mentioning that the quiz from Sakuracon 2014 is similar to the one in Fanime 2014, but since you're advertising the Sakuracon 2015 one already, does that mean we won't be seeing any similarities on the Fanime 2015 one (assuming it gets accepted)?

And I think you said the Sakuracon quiz is harder than the Fanime one xD is this still true? (plzsayyes)

Thanks!

Rurutie8

The Fanime questions are completely different from the questions in the Sakuracon quiz.  Fanime questions are unique.  They are not recycled from other conventions and will never be reused in another convention.

This year, the Fanime quiz is not easier than the Sakuracon quiz.  However, depending on your academic strengths, you might not agree.

lovepulse

Rurutie8

The Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz has been accepted for Fanime 2015.  On Friday, May 22, there will be a meet and greet between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the Hyatt (Salon 1 & 2).  If you are feeling especially confident, you may skip the first session or turn in your quiz there and then.  The quiz is due on Satudray, not Sunday as in previous years, May 23, between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in the Hyatt (Salon 1 & 2).  The awards and explaination panel well be on Monday, May 25, between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. in Panels 4 (Fairmont, 2nd Floor, Gold Room).

This year's grand prize will be an XBOX-ONE.  I will also have gift cards for secondary prizes.  Regarding gift cards, do you people prefer Fry's (benefits local economy) or Amazon.com (potentially greater selection)?

Rurutie8

I have submitted the official version of the Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz to Fanime.  The convention staff is working very hard to put it on this website.  If we are fortunate, it should begin very, very soon.

lovepulse

Time for my brain to hurt xD I'll invite everyone I know who is going to fanime. And I think people might go with Amazon.

Rurutie8

FanimeCon has posted the 2015 quiz.  You can find it at http://www.fanime.com/news/fan-events/.  Clicking on the link will get you to the rules.  Please read them.  The link to the quiz itself is at the bottom of the rules.  Good luck to all of you who participate.

Rurutie8

Hello everyone:

You have two weeks left before the quiz is due.  For those of you who have seen it, what do you think of it so far?