SWAP MEET Official Information Thread: REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Started by Zelyhon, March 17, 2015, 11:42:21 PM

Zelyhon

Quote from: rottenrosen on May 05, 2015, 01:18:51 PM
I got to Step 3 and was waitlisted? If there are still spots available then what happened?
Odd.  I haven't received enough confirmation emails to fill the spaces, so this might be an error.  I will look into it once I can get into the admin side from home.  We will do everything we can to make sure everyone is accomodated.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Aishasama

I also had trouble at Step 5 due to the secondary seller showing "Balance Due" but within a Group Registration. The primary group leader (who is also the primary seller), is showing as "valid".

Secondly, if changes need to be made to dates we chose (thurs/friday) is that possible? I selected to register for both nights but as it turns out I may end up not being able to attend both days. Is there a menu to cancel one night before or after making the last step's payment?

Azereki

Quote from: Zelyhon on May 05, 2015, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: Azereki on May 05, 2015, 12:34:55 PM
Getting an error "Badge Information Does Not Match" so I just emailed you guys. I assume by the time this gets sorted through, all of the spaces will be gone? Double checked everything and it should all be good, so not sure what the deal is.
It is my belief that there will still be more spots than sellers.  Regardless, I think it should save your spot at that point.  Make sure your name and Badhe number match how Fanime has them.
Thanks a lot for getting this sorted out!

seerakosumosu

Everything worked properly for me and I have paid for a spot for both days!

If you're interested in sharing the spot to split costs, please email me at: seerakosumosu[at]gmail[dot]com
with the title "Fanime 2015 Swap Meet"

rottenrosen

If we file the BOE online, do we still have to print the physical form when we arrive?
Also, since I am from out of state, I may have gotten this message:

"Please submit a copy of your identification to the nearest BOE office."
I have completed both BOE e-file and am able to print it.
I have been issued a Temporary Seller's license.
What do you suggest I do?

redroses3164

Is the completed BOE-410-D form necessary to turn in online via email for the exempt status?

Or is it turned in on the day of?

lacus

Hi, I have problem with badge number info.
I sell on thursday night only.
The system ask for badge number on page 5. Though I have a fanime online reg account,  but seems online registration won't send me badge number unless I pay for a full membership. So I just fill it as "no full membership", but i'm not allowed to go to the next step.
I just e-mailed you. thank you!

sysadmin

Quote from: Azereki on May 05, 2015, 12:34:55 PM
Getting an error "Badge Information Does Not Match" so I just emailed you guys. I assume by the time this gets sorted through, all of the spaces will be gone? Double checked everything and it should all be good, so not sure what the deal is.

We're looking into it.
If you're already at Step 5, your space is saved while this gets worked out.

Quote from: jen_kat on May 05, 2015, 12:49:20 PM
The check-in information on step 7 says that check-in is at the staff table at the entrance to the Civic Auditorium. It should be South Hall, right?

This has been fixed.

Power Comic at US

Hi I have finished my register earlier today around 12:20. At that time it shows "wait list" for my "Friday Space", so I paid for my "Thursday Space" and moved on to step 7. Now it shows both "Friday Space" and "Thursday Space" as "In Process", so I am wondering do I get both days? Is it the same issue as what Aishasama posted? If yes how am I gonna pay for my "Friday Sapce"?

Please help!

Thanks!

Ivycat

So I got the email that says that I'm in process. Does that mean I'll get a second email saying I'll get spot and maybe what number I am from the spots you have? Or even a list that has our names on it to see if we even got a spot?

Zelyhon

Quote from: Power Comic at US on May 05, 2015, 04:29:41 PM
Hi I have finished my register earlier today around 12:20. At that time it shows "wait list" for my "Friday Space", so I paid for my "Thursday Space" and moved on to step 7. Now it shows both "Friday Space" and "Thursday Space" as "In Process", so I am wondering do I get both days? Is it the same issue as what Aishasama posted? If yes how am I gonna pay for my "Friday Sapce"?

Please help!

Thanks!

Quote from: Power Comic at US on May 05, 2015, 04:29:41 PM

Please help!

Thanks!

I will double check both of these.  Swap Meet staff is currently working our way through the applications and questions that we have received as quickly as possible, so hopefully it will clear up the questions you might have.  If you have reached the point where you are "In process," your space should be reserved (not that we're yet close to selling out on either day, still a good number of spaces available each day) and the application might just need to be cleared on our end for one reason or another.  If you have paid, you should be completely done and have your space.  Once the backlog is done, I will post here again stating that it is cleared out and that if there are further issues, to e-mail [email protected] to make sure something hasn't fallen through the cracks.

EDIT:  Also, clarification on the BEO vs. the Swap Meet Agreement vs. temporary sellers vs. seller's permit is forthcoming as well.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

To answer some of the questions we've received about the need to fill out a BEO or to obtain a temporary Seller's Permit for Swap meet, here is some clarification.

Prior to selling at Swap Meet at Fanime, you are required to possess either a valid seller's permit (temporary or permanent) or qualify under an exception.  The most common exception for Swap Meet vendors is that they are classified as "occasional sellers."  An occasional seller can be defined as someone who makes sales of their personal property less than twice per 12 month period.  If this is an accurate description of your selling pattern, you need only fill out the Swap Meet Agreement and check the box at the bottom indicating that you are an occasional seller.  If this does not, you will need to apply for a Seller's Permit on the BOE site, then fill in your permit number on the Swap Meet Agreement. 

In either case, a printed, filled-out version of the Seller's Agreement must be brought to each day you intend to sell at Swap Meet.  If two sellers are selling as a single group (single stock of merchandise), they must either both be on the same seller's permit (if applicable) or both be able to qualify as occasional sellers.  If the sellers are selling separately (separate stocks of merchandise), they must either individually have seller's permits (if applicable) or qualify as an occasional seller on their own.

I am not aware of any reason this might be different for those out-of-state, so this should hopefully be a rubric for everyone.  Please post further if you have additional questions on the permit or lack of need for a permit.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

matthewlow

I also got to step 3 and got wait listed.

Was sad that my lunch break wasn't until a bit after the opening time. My email was stamped for 1:02 pm.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Edit: Wow you guys fixed it already! Super fast thumbs up!

Zelyhon

Alright.  I believe that we have cleared the majority of the backlog of registration issues.  Please let us know if we missed you by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

risli

I have a spot for Friday if anyone needs a partner. Also, when is the latest we should pay? I don't have enough funds for $80 atm until my next paycheck.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: risli on May 06, 2015, 05:08:52 PM
I have a spot for Friday if anyone needs a partner. Also, when is the latest we should pay? I don't have enough funds for $80 atm until my next paycheck.

By latest or before May 15, 2015 11:59pm since that's when we stop accepting applications. Or when spaces run out.

Ivycat

I might have a friend help me out but does she need a badge? This will be Friday night, she's just wants stay help me if I need food or need a bathroom break or be my human calculator.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Ivycat on May 07, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
I might have a friend help me out but does she need a badge? This will be Friday night, she's just wants stay help me if I need food or need a bathroom break or be my human calculator.

Yes, it's required to have a badge on Friday.

abcbadcat

Looking to share a spot with someone for Thursday. I'll be selling a bunch of random stuff (toys, games, plushies, etc) and would like to share if possible. I have the registration under my name and you can give me the $20 at the convention. Please private message me if you are interested. Thanks!

Shinsengumi

Quick question. Do you have to fill out the sellers permit online or just bring the print one signed?
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).