SWAP MEET Official Information Thread: REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Started by Zelyhon, March 17, 2015, 11:42:21 PM

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ash on April 23, 2015, 07:47:57 AM
Any word on when sign ups are going to be?

I checked in yesterday to see if there was any update and at this time we don't have any more information. I promise we'll get it out to you guys as soon as we know!

Take some comfort in the fact that we'll have a LOT of spaces this year, so hopefully we'll be able to accommodate everyone who wants to sell!  ;D
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Oniko

I still dont know what AA is planning for badge process, however if they do it like last year where we have to pick it up with them will you have something in place for the swap meet sellers that want a spot on thursday?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Zelyhon

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 23, 2015, 06:56:11 AM
Quote from: lacus on April 23, 2015, 06:25:53 AM
I have a question for seller check-in on Thursday night.
Do we have to get fanime badge in order to checkin swap meet, or we can use our drivers license for checking in?
Knowing the line, I'm worried I might not have time to get my badge before swap meet. and since swapmeet is on Thursday night, there is not a Thursday badge that sells, how is this work?
Thank you

If you have a weekend badge, you can pick up your badge on Thursday starting at 3 PM. While past performance is no guarantee of future results, I can say that last year registration did a legendary job in terms of moving the line quickly to the point that there really was no "line" throughout the con. Assuming they keep this system in place I doubt that getting your badge on Thursday will be an issue.

Additionally, (and this may have changed, correct me if I'm wrong on this Ben), the Thursday night swap meet is not a badged event. This is mainly to welcome in any and all interested buyers to peruse the swap meet, but it's also to help sellers not have to worry about getting their badge beforehand. We will require a photo ID (drivers license, state ID, passport, etc) to check you in of course, but if by chance you have not picked up your badge, that will not bar your entry to swap meet either as a buyer or seller.

Again, this may have changed but I will defer to Ben if there are any corrections to be made.  :)
To the best of my information at this time, a seller will not need to pick up their badge prior to check-in on Thursday.  The online registration will check your name against your Fanime registration, so we should be able to make do with a photo ID and the seller's agreement.  Friday, however, badges will be needed.  If this changes, I will make a post about it here.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 23, 2015, 09:06:08 AM
Quote from: ash on April 23, 2015, 07:47:57 AM
Any word on when sign ups are going to be?

I checked in yesterday to see if there was any update and at this time we don't have any more information. I promise we'll get it out to you guys as soon as we know!

Take some comfort in the fact that we'll have a LOT of spaces this year, so hopefully we'll be able to accommodate everyone who wants to sell!  ;D
We're in the process of getting it set up.  I wish I had a more exact answer that I could give than that.  Once things are prepared on the back-end, we'll put notice out through all the channels.

As Jeremy stated, there's plenty of spots, so everyone should be able to get in, judging by previous years.  We know that late notice and lack of forewarning have been issues in the past, but we should be able to let everyone get in even if registration opens later than we might want.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Impulse on April 20, 2015, 10:14:38 PM
I want to raffle one item.

Is this allowed?

I don't mind shipping it to the winner after the con if thats the case (in case they leave early.)

Just so you know we haven't forgotten about this question. Ben and I are discussing it and will get back to you once we have an answer. :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

Ivycat

So now that we are in May are you going to tell us when sign up's are happening? I hate not getting any information, and I been checking everyday like 10 times a day to make sure I didn't miss sign up's.

Also side note: Why do I need to fill in three questions before posting?

seerakosumosu

Yes, an update would be great.

I am flying in and will be bringing less than two suitcases' worth of items to sell.
Am looking for someone to share a space with on both nights. I did the same thing
last year and it worked out well for all parties, plus the spaces are bigger this year.
;)

lacus

Quote from: Zelyhon on April 24, 2015, 12:47:47 AM
Do we have to get fanime badge in order to checkin swap meet, or we can use our drivers license for checking in?
Knowing the line, I'm worried I might not have time to get my badge before swap meet. and since swapmeet is on Thursday night, there is not a Thursday badge that sells, how is this work?
Thank you

If you have a weekend badge, you can pick up your badge on Thursday starting at 3 PM. While past performance is no guarantee of future results, I can say that last year registration did a legendary job in terms of moving the line quickly to the point that there really was no "line" throughout the con. Assuming they keep this system in place I doubt that getting your badge on Thursday will be an issue.

Additionally, (and this may have changed, correct me if I'm wrong on this Ben), the Thursday night swap meet is not a badged event. This is mainly to welcome in any and all interested buyers to peruse the swap meet, but it's also to help sellers not have to worry about getting their badge beforehand. We will require a photo ID (drivers license, state ID, passport, etc) to check you in of course, but if by chance you have not picked up your badge, that will not bar your entry to swap meet either as a buyer or seller.

Again, this may have changed but I will defer to Ben if there are any corrections to be made.  :)
To the best of my information at this time, a seller will not need to pick up their badge prior to check-in on Thursday.  The online registration will check your name against your Fanime registration, so we should be able to make do with a photo ID and the seller's agreement.  Friday, however, badges will be needed.  If this changes, I will make a post about it here.

Thank you very much for all the details to my question guys! They are really helpful for making my weekend plans. 
2 more questions:
If swapmeet registration is connected to fanime online registration, does it mean only pre-registered 4-day attendees are allowed to sell on Thursday night? or is it not a badged event? Thank you!
Is seller allowed to bring a helper to carry in boxes or everything has to be taken in by the seller himself/herself? (need to decide how to pack my items) Thanks again!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: lacus on May 02, 2015, 03:59:15 AM
Thank you

Thank you very much for all the details to my question guys! They are really helpful for making my weekend plans. 
2 more questions:
If swapmeet registration is connected to fanime online registration, does it mean only pre-registered 4-day attendees are allowed to sell on Thursday night? or is it not a badged event? Thank you!
Is seller allowed to bring a helper to carry in boxes or everything has to be taken in by the seller himself/herself? (need to decide how to pack my items) Thanks again!

No problem!

1) It will check your name against your fanime registration in general, not whether you have a 4-day pass or not. Since Thursday technically isn't even part of the con, it would make no difference if you had a 4-day badge or a 1-day badge. Basically we're just making sure that you're actually attending fanime and not just a random person looking to take advantage of the thousands of potential buyers at the swap meet! :D

2) Yes you are allowed to bring helper(s) with you, but only one other person can share the space with you. So if you bring a few guys to help you carry everything that's fine. In fact it's recommended as swap meet staff are limited in how much physical labor we can offer for help. However, once everything's moved in and in place only one person can stay in the space with you, sit, etc. There will be a spot on the registration form to identify this person so that if you have to leave (meal run, whatever) there is still someone responsible for the space sitting there.

I hope this helps!
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Ivycat on May 01, 2015, 07:41:27 PM
So now that we are in May are you going to tell us when sign up's are happening? I hate not getting any information, and I been checking everyday like 10 times a day to make sure I didn't miss sign up's.

Also side note: Why do I need to fill in three questions before posting?

We will be sure to announce far and wide once swap meet registration goes live. We do apologize for the delay!

Side note: Do you mean the security questions? I think it's to help you retrieve your password to the forums in the event you forget. If it wasn't for that I'm not sure what you're referring to :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: seerakosumosu on May 01, 2015, 07:58:24 PM
Yes, an update would be great.

I am flying in and will be bringing less than two suitcases' worth of items to sell.
Am looking for someone to share a space with on both nights. I did the same thing
last year and it worked out well for all parties, plus the spaces are bigger this year.
;)

There will likely be a thread where people interested in sharing a space can get together once registration goes live. :)

As I mentioned in the earlier post, as soon as we have more information to share we will be sure to do so! :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

Zelyhon

Quote from: FanFicGuru on April 29, 2015, 06:28:14 AM
Quote from: Impulse on April 20, 2015, 10:14:38 PM
I want to raffle one item.

Is this allowed?

I don't mind shipping it to the winner after the con if thats the case (in case they leave early.)

Just so you know we haven't forgotten about this question. Ben and I are discussing it and will get back to you once we have an answer. :)
raffles are not allowed in Swap Meet, just like in Artist's Alley or other places.  Sorry about that, but it is considered a form of gambling and is not permitted at Fanime.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

lacus

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 02, 2015, 07:16:06 AM
Quote from: lacus on May 02, 2015, 03:59:15 AM
Thank you

2 more questions:

No problem!

1) It will check your name against your fanime registration in general, not whether you have a 4-day pass or not. Since Thursday technically isn't even part of the con, it would make no difference if you had a 4-day badge or a 1-day badge. Basically we're just making sure that you're actually attending fanime and not just a random person looking to take advantage of the thousands of potential buyers at the swap meet! :D

2) Yes you are allowed to bring helper(s) with you, but only one other person can share the space with you. So if you bring a few guys to help you carry everything that's fine. In fact it's recommended as swap meet staff are limited in how much physical labor we can offer for help. However, once everything's moved in and in place only one person can stay in the space with you, sit, etc. There will be a spot on the registration form to identify this person so that if you have to leave (meal run, whatever) there is still someone responsible for the space sitting there.

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much! especially the details regarding #2, very helpful! It's also great to know I don't need to buy the whole weekend badge to sell on Thursday.
You guys are so considerate, I'm sure swapmeet this year will be cool and enjoyable. (haven't had chance checking out swap meet for quite a few years)  :P

Zelyhon

Alright, everyone!  Thank you so much for your patience with the Registration timeline for Swap Meet.  We are just about ready to go on this.

SWAP MEET REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON TUESDAY, MAY 5th AT NOON PACIFIC.

There should be a link in this thread as well as on the main Fanime site and hopefully through other Social Media as well.

When you register online for Swap Meet, you will also pay for your spot.  Once you have registered online, there will be a Swap Meet agreement that you need to fill out and sign, which includes the rules and regulations.  This agreement functions as your temporary seller's permit and is required before you will be able to check in at Swap Meet.  Please print it and fill it out before arriving at Swap Meet each day.  We will try to have extra copies, but there is no guarantee.

Further updates will be posted as they become relevant and/or finalized.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

bluwmonkeygod

will thursday swap meet be badgeless this year like it has been in the past?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: bluwmonkeygod on May 03, 2015, 02:07:11 PM
will thursday swap meet be badgeless this year like it has been in the past?

Yes. If you are buying on Thursday you will not need a badge. If you are selling you must at least be registered for Fanime, whether for 1 day or 4 days.

It will be a badged event on Friday for both buyers and sellers.
Swap meet staff - 2014

DrearUmbra

Would anyone be willing to split a table with me for thursday?
I want to do it but i don't really want to pay, split table make profit?
Please pm me. Thanks.
Custom wrist cuffs and jewelry!
*Link Removed*

abcbadcat

Hoping to nabbing a spot and split with my friend for Thursday night! First time selling since 2010 :3

risli

I'd like a partner for both days so we can split the costs of $40 each day. It'll be my first time selling at the Swap Meet so it will be nice to be with someone who has experience selling at the Swap Meet. I can meet in the SJ area anytime to pay for the costs before and after Tuesday registration.

5dowla

If I have a couple friends that want to help me carry my things in and just hang out with me while I sell (but they wouldn't be selling anything themselves), is that allowed?