SWAP MEET Official Information Thread: REGISTRATION IS OPEN

Started by Zelyhon, March 17, 2015, 11:42:21 PM

rottenrosen

If you have already completed registration for a space on Friday, for example, is there a way to go back into your account and register for Thursday as well? I would like to share a space, but you have to be registered for that day to join someone else, right?

seerakosumosu

There's a person who wants to share my swap meet space with me and sell his items from his
own collection, but he is an employee of one of the vendors. He wants to know if it is all right
for him to sell?

And if I can't share with him, I am still looking for someone to share my spot with me for both
days.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: seerakosumosu on May 10, 2015, 02:50:29 PM
There's a person who wants to share my swap meet space with me and sell his items from his
own collection, but he is an employee of one of the vendors. He wants to know if it is all right
for him to sell?

And if I can't share with him, I am still looking for someone to share my spot with me for both
days.

As long as the items are not from the inventory of the vendor that will be fine. If he's looking to sell his own personal belongings (used anime, manga, etc) that's not a problem.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Oniko

What is the address we should put on the sellers permit?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Oniko on May 11, 2015, 10:17:32 AM
What is the address we should put on the sellers permit?

If it's asking for the address where you'll be selling you can use the convention center address: 150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113

If it's asking for your address, list your permanent/home address.

Swap meet staff - 2014

Zelyhon

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 07, 2015, 03:14:15 PM
Quick question. Do you have to fill out the sellers permit online or just bring the print one signed?
You must have a printed out, filled out, and signed seller's agreement in hand when you show up to sign up for Swap Meet.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: rottenrosen on May 08, 2015, 03:27:02 PM
If you have already completed registration for a space on Friday, for example, is there a way to go back into your account and register for Thursday as well? I would like to share a space, but you have to be registered for that day to join someone else, right?
If you find someone else who has a spot registered on Thursday who would be willing to share their space, you do not need to pre-register.  You will simply need to arrive with them, with your badge, government issued photo ID, and your half of the Seller's Agreement filled out.

If you want to sign up for your own spot on Thursday and to redo your registration, please e-mail [email protected]
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Alright, Swap Meet Peoples!  Things seem to have been going rather well with registration so far!

There have been a few minor changes to what we may have discussed earlier.

First and foremost, SWAP MEET SELLERS WILL BE ABLE TO PICK UP VOUCHERS TO GET INTO THE SPECIAL REGISTRATION LINE.  What this means is that if you register for Swap Meet on Thursday or Friday, on the appropriate day, you can come by Swap Meet prior to the opening of Swap Meet (plan on about 5:00 p.m. each day), you will be able to pick up a voucher to get into the "special registration" line at registration.  This will be a faster line than normal registration (which should still be as fast as last year, I hope) and will help Swap Meet sellers to get their badges easily and have them prior to the start of Swap Meet.  That ties directly into point number two...

YOU WILL NEED YOUR FANIMECON BADGE IN ORDER TO SELL ON THURSDAY NIGHT.  Previously, we had said that you would not need to have your Fanime badge when checking in on Thursday.  However, in light of the Special registration vouchers and the ability of sellers to get their badges more quickly, we have decided to revise this policy.  Now, Sellers and seconds will be required to have their Fanime badges when checking in on Thursday.  If this is going to present exceptional hardship for anyone, please e-mail [email protected]

SELLERS WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE WHERE THEY ARE SEATED IN ORDER OF CHECK-IN, WITH SOME LIMITATIONS.  The way Swap Meet will be set up this year is that there will be sixteen blocks of 12 spaces, four columns of four blocks.  It is my intention to fill the hall in from the front, column by column.  However, within that, we will be allowing for some freedom to choose which spot you take from those that are currently available.  Thus, all of you who made requests to be near people will hopefully be able to coordinate that.  However, nobody is guaranteed any spot.  If Swap Meet staff deems it appropriate (colluding to make one giant spot, creating a problem for others, etc.), we can place you as we see fit.  This is particularly true on Friday for those selling both days.  If we notice a problem, we will take steps to correct it.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Mankan Chayor

I'm currently filling out the BOE form...what do I put for "Table/Booth/Location ID#"? I don't have that information yet, do I?

Also, do I have to print out the form, add a proper signature where it says Signature, scan it in, and THEN email it? Or just type my name in? (I've never done Swap Meet before...I just wanna make sure I get everything right!)

Swizzlstik Cosplay

I sent a special request in the registration portion for Swap Meet, and since I'll probably get an answer faster here, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll be 34 weeks pregnant at the time of Fanime and I won't be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time. I know tables are not allowed, but there's nothing about being able to bring or use chairs. I know that we're able to choose our spaces within limitations, but if I'm not going to be allowed to bring a chair, what other accommodations can be made?
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

redroses3164

When will the site say something other than "In Process" during the day you want to have a space on step 7?

Ecchi ja Nai

Quote from: Swizzlstik Cosplay on May 12, 2015, 08:53:44 PM
I know tables are not allowed, but there's nothing about being able to bring or use chairs.

As always, wait for an official response from swap meet staff and keep in mind that rules and allowances can change from year-to-year, but I have personally brought in and used a folding camping chair at previous meets.  I didn't get to use it much except for lulls in the action, as I'm usually standing up to make sales or answer questions.  I have also seen other people use them on more than one occasion, so I don't think it'll be an issue.  Usually the big no-no's are no tables/shelves/tall displays and no tape.

FanFicGuru

I sent a special request in the registration portion for Swap Meet, and since I'll probably get an answer faster here, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll be 34 weeks pregnant at the time of Fanime and I won't be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time. I know tables are not allowed, but there's nothing about being able to bring or use chairs. I know that we're able to choose our spaces within limitations, but if I'm not going to be allowed to bring a chair, what other accommodations can be made?

Accommodations are made for people with disabilities and as someone who will be 34 weeks pregnant, that will most certainly qualify. You can bring a chair of your own, and we will most likely have a few on hand if you don't. Please email [email protected] so we can be sure to make the right preparations for you.  :D

EDIT: To clarify, in previous years chairs were not permitted, typically due to the venue that we were provided. This was the case last year from what I can recall. I'm not sure what the policy is on chairs this year for the South Hall location, but whether they are allowed or not, reasonable accommodations are made for any person who needs one for medical reasons.
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19909.0.html - There's a thread on the Buy/Sell/Trade forums for swap meet sellers looking to preview their wares! In past years this has been pretty successful to help line up buyers for some of the bigger ticket/rarer items you might be selling, or to drum up excitement for the selection of goods overall! Feel free to utilize it.  :D
Swap meet staff - 2014

risli

I'm not sure about checking this part or not: No sales of tangible personal property are being made or solicited at this event.

Can someone clarify this for me and how it will factor it with filing for taxes next year as an occasional seller if I have to?

sandysaur

Hi, I registered for the swap meet, but now that I've gone through everything that I'm selling I've realized that I might not have listed everything on the form I submitted.  I'm currently on step 7, is there a way to go back and edit it, or should I not worry about it?  Thanks!

Zelyhon

Quote from: sandysaur on May 13, 2015, 07:36:44 PM
Hi, I registered for the swap meet, but now that I've gone through everything that I'm selling I've realized that I might not have listed everything on the form I submitted.  I'm currently on step 7, is there a way to go back and edit it, or should I not worry about it?  Thanks!
Not easily.  Fill in the complete list on the Swap Meet Agreement that you will be bringing to the convention and that should suffice.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 13, 2015, 05:37:28 AM

Accommodations are made for people with disabilities and as someone who will be 34 weeks pregnant, that will most certainly qualify. You can bring a chair of your own, and we will most likely have a few on hand if you don't. Please email [email protected] so we can be sure to make the right preparations for you.  :D

EDIT: To clarify, in previous years chairs were not permitted, typically due to the venue that we were provided. This was the case last year from what I can recall. I'm not sure what the policy is on chairs this year for the South Hall location, but whether they are allowed or not, reasonable accommodations are made for any person who needs one for medical reasons.
Chairs for sitting in are permitted pending Swap Meet staff approval (I.E. just don't push it.)  For a medical issue such as this, a chair will certainly be allowed.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: redroses3164 on May 12, 2015, 10:16:37 PM
When will the site say something other than "In Process" during the day you want to have a space on step 7?
"In process" assuming that you have gotten to Step 7 and paid for your spot, means you're done.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: I_Like_Voodoo_Spike on May 11, 2015, 10:45:56 PM
I'm currently filling out the BOE form...what do I put for "Table/Booth/Location ID#"? I don't have that information yet, do I?

Also, do I have to print out the form, add a proper signature where it says Signature, scan it in, and THEN email it? Or just type my name in? (I've never done Swap Meet before...I just wanna make sure I get everything right!)
If you're an occasional seller, you do not need to fill out the BOE, just the Swap Meet Agreement and rules.  Please see the explanation earlier in the thread.

You will need to bring a filled out copy of the Swap Meet Agreement with you to the convention.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff