Registration Sell Out?

Started by pawlpawl, March 19, 2015, 11:03:02 AM

pawlpawl

This will be my first time attending, Im use to big conventions like Blizzcon that sell out in minutes. My fiance and I only plan on going for one day that weekend, so Im considering just buying same day badges.

Does the con sell out? And if so, how soon ahead should I buy?

Kuudere

As far as I know, the convention will not sell out of badges. You can buy one day badges on the same day that they are good for - online starting at 12:01 am, and at-con at 8 am. I don't think time is a factor in getting your badge, but I would recommend showing up as early as possible to get the full use out of it. Also, full-weekend (Fri-Mon) badges are currently only $15 more than what you'll pay for a one-day badge (if you're going on Sat or Sun). I know it's possible to upgrade badges at the convention if you do intend to stay longer, but it may be for the at-con price of $25 more (again, compared to the Sat or Sun price). If you think that you might want to do more than one day, you'll save more by doing early registration online now.

If you are set on doing one day only, I recommend purchasing Saturday or Sunday, as those are the days that usually contain the major programming.

For more information about registration, see this page: http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/

FanFicGuru

Quote from: pawlpawl on March 19, 2015, 11:03:02 AM
This will be my first time attending, Im use to big conventions like Blizzcon that sell out in minutes. My fiance and I only plan on going for one day that weekend, so Im considering just buying same day badges.

Does the con sell out? And if so, how soon ahead should I buy?

We've been lucky in that Fanime has grown steadily but not to the point where registration is a mad dash like Comic Con. I would agree that if you're coming for one day, make it a Saturday or Sunday. Quality programming on those days.   ;D
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015