Cosplay Masquerade 2015 Competition Rules

Started by Erik_anderson, March 23, 2015, 05:52:43 PM

Angelx624

Yep. It's late Thursday night, and still no Masquerade reg..........
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

KuriQueenofFeels

Seriously? Nothing yet? I was so scared because I forgot to check yesterday while I was at my family reunion... well then, glad I didn't miss it but what the heck.
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

Groma

It would be nice if we could at least know what's going on ... :(

Enkai

Yeah, an update would be reaaally nice.  Also, some word on whether that back projection screen mentioned in a different thread is going to be a thing, and what our video specs should be for that.  After talking with the hubby, we think that's a preferable way of doing what I want to do, but I'm not starting a video until I know that's coming.

Question for folks who've competed recently (this is my first Masq since 2012, but I did compete in 2008-10 as well). Does reg still fill up as fast as it used to?  I know the constant refreshing was pretty much required before, is that still the case?

Jazqui

Quote from: Enkai on April 03, 2015, 09:04:34 PM
Yeah, an update would be reaaally nice.  Also, some word on whether that back projection screen mentioned in a different thread is going to be a thing, and what our video specs should be for that.  After talking with the hubby, we think that's a preferable way of doing what I want to do, but I'm not starting a video until I know that's coming.

Question for folks who've competed recently (this is my first Masq since 2012, but I did compete in 2008-10 as well). Does reg still fill up as fast as it used to?  I know the constant refreshing was pretty much required before, is that still the case?

I've been participating in Masquerade consistently since 2009, but starting in 2013 when the management changed (which you just barely missed) online registration hasn't been successfully set up at all and all correspondence has taken place via email or forums, but mostly the forums. Both of the last two years I had to email the Masq. heads directly to register. I sure wish this wasn't becoming such a pattern, at this point I'm almost expecting the announcement that we'll have to do it via email anyway, which to be honest is preferable to nothing.

Enkai

Quote from: Jazqui on April 04, 2015, 12:38:01 AM
I've been participating in Masquerade consistently since 2009, but starting in 2013 when the management changed (which you just barely missed) online registration hasn't been successfully set up at all and all correspondence has taken place via email or forums, but mostly the forums. Both of the last two years I had to email the Masq. heads directly to register. I sure wish this wasn't becoming such a pattern, at this point I'm almost expecting the announcement that we'll have to do it via email anyway, which to be honest is preferable to nothing.

Yeah, I heard the horror stories (and had very strong opinions on said horror stories - suffice to say I'm glad I didn't finish what I was working on 2 years ago, and last year was the year I sat back and saw if they fixed some of the issues).  I'm mostly curious how said issues affected the rate of signups.  Did they fill within a couple hours of actually opening, justifying the constant refresh compulsion we're all indulging, or did it take more time?

*sigh* If I hadn't set the goal for myself of finishing this costume for Fanime, I'd probably be out at this point (or pretty close to it), but I want to finish this costume, and I want workmanship judging.  I'm not going to AX, so I can't enter it there.

Some of the technical things that have been added since I competed are cool, but I would much rather have the reduced stress of knowing when certain things are happening, and being able to trust that they're going happen when they say they are.  Not surprised though. Language like "looks like" is non-committal.

reeses

Hello! First year coming to Fanime. I had a question, I saw an Elsa and Adventure time skit from a year back and I am curious was that a separate event?

KuriQueenofFeels

Still 0 word on whats going on with registration? Geeze... All most a week later then it was said to be now >>
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

HaiseSasakiArima

i didn't see anything in the rule about microphone use on stage during entry.
Do you allow microphone use on stage for entrants?
有馬さんは僕の「お父さん」で、アキラさんが「お母さん」...

Enkai

Blargh. Over a week out now.  I'm planning on flying out to Otakon this year; seriously considering dropping any masquerade participation here and just figuring out how to pack armor into a suitcase.  Fanime masquerade is quickly escalating to being not worth the stress, and this time the stress isn't caused by trying to finish my costume.

Quote from: HaiseSasakiArima on April 08, 2015, 11:21:22 AM

I asked a question similar to this in another thread here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19906.msg483136.html#msg483136

The answer is no, as seen here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19906.msg483183.html#msg483183

The reasons are because of the difficulty with sound balance and assurance that contestants don't say anything offensive.

identivity

Some GoH were announced and WindOfTheStars is one of them. It's mentioned that she's a judge for masquerade so hopefully we hear something soon?

HaiseSasakiArima

Enkai, thank you for guiding me to the linked page.

The way before, Fanime used to allow microphone use for their contestants so I asked.
Well...I didn't know about the incident at Akon and all so I also could learn something from this, too.
Really appreciate your link.  :)

Quote from: Enkai on April 08, 2015, 12:06:29 PM

Quote from: HaiseSasakiArima on April 08, 2015, 11:21:22 AM

I asked a question similar to this in another thread here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19906.msg483136.html#msg483136

The answer is no, as seen here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19906.msg483183.html#msg483183

The reasons are because of the difficulty with sound balance and assurance that contestants don't say anything offensive.
有馬さんは僕の「お父さん」で、アキラさんが「お母さん」...

UsakoMinako

We may be waiting a bit while they wait and confirm their abilities before announcing anything official in order for things to go smoothly. I am betting after Sunday something will come along. This is my 13th year at masq, and I am sure that even though we are waiting longer than we traditionally do, it will be for a good reason with less headaches ^_^

KuriQueenofFeels

Quote from: UsakoMinako on April 10, 2015, 07:59:54 PM
We may be waiting a bit while they wait and confirm their abilities before announcing anything official in order for things to go smoothly. I am betting after Sunday something will come along. This is my 13th year at masq, and I am sure that even though we are waiting longer than we traditionally do, it will be for a good reason with less headaches ^_^
Hopefully you're right.... I would really like to stop having to check the forums every few hours for updates x.x
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

PrincessSquib

I thought I had missed it as well, Glad to know it hasn't started yet. Well... kind of glad. I hope all goes well. I heard some of the other parts of fanime were having trouble with organizing. Hopefully everything works out in the end.  :3
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Erik_anderson

Hello all,

I will be addressing everyone questions in order, but I wanted to apologize for not being attentive to this forum while pushing through some major changes at my work place.

I am sitting with the web team on this, but to get things started here is a direct link to the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DapZN_5DFoeTPdeYUb2a6owrrdo5pXMc7-HnRwR0V_g/viewform?usp=send_form

Working thought the list but I wanted to get this posted.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.

Erik_anderson

Everyone,

Thank you for the patience I will make sure there are spots for you if the list fills.

Enkai,

On the projector, we are going to bid, but the tech team need to confirm it for us.  I should know in a few days.

HaiseSasakiArima

Generally the rule is we do not provide an open mic on stage for a number of reasons.  The prior thread spells them out. If its critical to you performance and you can not prerecord, then lets discuss offline.

identivity

Some GoH were announced and WindOfTheStars is one of them. It's mentioned that she's a judge for masquerade so hopefully we hear something soon?

Yes, Our judge line up includes WindOfTheStars and returning judges from last year.  We will also have industry prize judges again.

PrincessSquib

Other then the site, everything else has been running monthly and addressing issues pointed out from last year.  A few key points, to ensure folks get maximum time to enjoy the convention all masquerade activities other then registration or use of the practice and build rooms has been move to the day of the event.  We will have early rehearsals on the full stage and a full sound checkout.  The automated registration forms include tech and light requests.  We will also work with contestants to have the best possible presentation results.

Angelx624

Ok, so, in my skit group, there's one person that's under 18, and her parent/legal guardian cannot be present at the con. How do we go about getting her waiver filled out?
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Erik_anderson

Angelx624

Ok, so, in my skit group, there's one person that's under 18, and her parent/legal guardian cannot be present at the con. How do we go about getting her waiver filled out?

The form must be filled out by the parent/legal guardian, signed and brought with them(the member of your crew) to the masquerade table at the convention.

Angelx624

Quote from: Erik_anderson on April 13, 2015, 09:07:59 PM
Angelx624

The form must be filled out by the parent/legal guardian, signed and brought with them(the member of your crew) to the masquerade table at the convention.
Are we able to print out these forms or do we get them at the convention? It's been a couple years since I've done Fanime Masquerade, so I may have forgotten this information.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)