Anyone from the east bay going to AX?

Started by trickstr13, June 02, 2004, 07:25:28 PM

trickstr13

just wondering if anyone near me was going to the Anime Expo in Anaheim this summer. :3
>.O

Somecoolname

I MIGHT go, but if I go, I only want to go the day Tomokazu Seki is there, do you know which day he comes?

Zerocide

I'm going this year, I have a hotel room about .85 miles from the convention and nobody but me is staying in it. So I'm looking for people to fill up the room.
Check 1

trickstr13

sorry, i dont know what day that is  :(  i tried looking it up but i only talks about who is going and not the dates.
>.O

trickstr13

really? thats pretty close. i still have to get my room >_O. i just hope all the good hotels havent sold out yet
>.O

Logik

Quote from: "Zerocide"I'm going this year, I have a hotel room about .85 miles from the convention and nobody but me is staying in it. So I'm looking for people to fill up the room.
If my friends can't make it to AX, is it ok to share the room with me? I just need a place to sleep.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

TaikoMoon

I am from the east bay ^^

And I am NOT going to AX sadly enough

1.) I am broke
2.) I am broke
3.) I have an exchange student at the time
4.) That or I am already in Japan
5.) did I mention I was broke?
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

felicity869

I'm from the south bay but I'm going. I still need to get a hotel though...

RyuHayabusa

I can't go. Too short of a time frame. Next year, I will go to
ASUX!!! :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

drallcome

If I can get a Kawai (Single) girl to go to ASUX again with me this year I will go.
Fanime Member since 1999

protocol7

I'm not from any bay. I'm  like 5 minutes away from AX, so I'll be there.
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

shyguy_2357

i wish i could go, but ill be stuck in the bay area ( San Jose )

that plus since gas is so darn expensive, and with a gas drinking SUV... the amount of money just to drive down there is enough to buy at least a couple of good box sets from a discount online store...

Have fun down there guys...

and stay up-wind of Man-Faye... ( shudders profusely.... )

felicity869

Anyone from the bay area want to car pool together down there to save on gas money? Just an idea.

albarosa1116

hey! i'm in sf and i'll be going. will there be a fanimecon board gathering?

i'm staying at the hilton. we could prolly meet in the lobby there since its next to the convention center? if anything, i'll probably fly down because of my work schedule.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "felicity869"Anyone from the bay area want to car pool together down there to save on gas money? Just an idea.

Hey, I'm willing to go for that. Ok, I'm slowly leaning towards going...now about hotel rooms? how much are they?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

felicity869

Quote from: "RyuDOA2Hayabusa"
Quote from: "felicity869"Anyone from the bay area want to car pool together down there to save on gas money? Just an idea.

Hey, I'm willing to go for that. Ok, I'm slowly leaning towards going...now about hotel rooms? how much are they?

Go to their website to find out: http://www.anime-expo.org/index2004.html The prices seem to keep changing and the hotels are selling out fast. Keep in mind that there are seriously 10 or more hotels within easy walking distance from the con that are half that price. Personaly I'm staying at an offsite hotel for 60 bucks a night and having twice as much space and a full kitchen.

shyguy_2357

the sooner u guys plan that... the better...

they WILL start price gouging... so prepared to get hurt in the wallet...

have fun guys and gals... i want to hear all the interesting stories from AX 2004 !!!! ya lucky punks...  :P

fuzzyfaery

my friends and i have been going every year since high school

the most expensive part is transportation (140 for plane ticket)

if you get roomies and share a hotel the cost is quite low(20*3nights)

even now i think if you go to expedia or something and book one of their plans you can get a good deal, off course if you dont opt for an ax hotel you dont get special tickets, but id rather pay 80/nite for a hotel and wait in line instead of 140

albarosa1116

who's up for a friday fanime board gathering at ax?????

Logik

Does it have to be Friday? I only ask since I work 'til 4pm that day. Then again, I still need to figure out how I'm gonna get down there. :?
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden