Akatsuki no Yona / Yona of the Dawn Cosplayers?

Started by Samariah Kuro, April 07, 2015, 11:09:25 PM

Samariah Kuro

Hello there!
I was just wondering if there are any Akatsuki no Yona cosplayers that would like to meet up at Fanime!? I'm going to be Hak and my friends will be Soo-won and blue dragon Shin-ah. It would be awesome if we could get a chance to chat about this amazing anime/manga, check out each other's cosplays, and get some pictures together! Thank youuuu in advance for replying!

Navashuryn

I was just wondering the same thing, and then I saw this thread, lol. I'm gonna be Yona! :)

Samariah Kuro

Awesome!! I doubt we'll have enough people for an official gathering nor do I have any idea how to host one, but we should meet up there! What day would work for you?

Navashuryn

I haven't decided which day I'm going to dress up as Yona yet, so I'm open to any day. Maybe Friday or Sunday (since I was planning on being a pirate Saturday, lol)? And I have no clue how to host a gathering either, lol. There might be a few other people out there, though; it is an awesome anime/manga, in my opinion!

Samariah Kuro

Okay! I haven't quite figured out my line up yet either but I think Sunday would be good, afternoon maybe? Yep it is an awesome anime/manga! I think it's steadily gaining the recognition it deserves so there's got to be more cosplayers out there! If we run in to any there we can invite them to meet with us later since there's still a lot of people not on the forums. Plus this post hasn't been up long so there's a possibility someone might still hop on board. Even if not I'm so excited we found a Yona!

Navashuryn

Sounds good to me! And that kinda helps me solidify my line-up for the weekend, since I only had one other character cosplay I'm doing (Balsa from Moribito). We should probably also set up a place to meet; that way, we aren't running around trying to find each other, and we'll have more information to give to other cosplayers we bump into. And if we find other cosplayers on Friday or Saturday, the afternoon would give people time to change costumes if they want to join us on Sunday. :D I'm super excited as well! It promises to be a fun and exciting weekend! I better get cracking on my cosplays if I want to finish them in time, lol.

Samariah Kuro

Haha yes good plan! Though Hak, Soo-won, and Shin-ah frantically searching for Yona would be pretty fitting ;) I've never been to Fanime before so I'm not familiar with it to know where would be a good meeting spot. How about you? Outdoors somewhere would probably be nice for taking some photos if you're up for it. We can narrow down a more specific time too though not much information has been released yet about the Fanime schedule so it's hard to know if it might conflict with other events.
Cool! I've only got one other cosplay to do too (a genderbent Gaara from Naruto) since time and money is running out too quickly to do a third one >.< I have all the supplies to make Hak but I need to get actually workin on it! Focusing on Akatsuki no Yona cosplays though will help ease the withdrawals as we wait for more chapters and an announcement of season 2!

Navashuryn

Haha, that would be fitting. And this will only be my second Fanime (the first time being a few years ago), so I only vaguely remember the layout... and my memories might be mixed with other conventions, lol. Outside sounds good, though, especially sin e it won't be as crowded. We could always scout out before Sunday to find a nice spot, and exchange cellphone numbers, etc. I know I'm picking up my badge on Thursday, so I'll have plenty of time beforehand to scout, lol. We'll figure it out!

It's funny, I was originally going to do an Erza cosplay, but due to time constraints and how complex it was going to be to put together, I decided to do Yona instead. It must have been meant to be! ;D Focusing on cosplays are definitely more constructive than going through the withdrawals, lol.

Kisa-Chan8810

I will also be cosplaying as Yona! ;D I would love to do a meet up and maybe we can all take some pictures?

Navashuryn

BSaphire

Just a reminder that the Cosplay Gatherings Department has not received a "Submission Request" for this gathering and that means it is CURRENTLY NOT listed on the Official Gatherings List and will NOT appear on the Gatherings Boards during Fanime 2015.

The List closes Friday May 15th @ 11:59pm with NO exceptions. Final List is posted by May 17th @ 11:59pm.

Thank you
BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Kumoshi

Are you all still planning on meeting up even if there won't be an official gathering? This has been one of my favorite series recently so I'd love to be able to see cosplayers of it c:

Navashuryn

I'm willing to meet-up if everyone else is, lol. I guess we'll just play it by ear!

lucathia

Hi all, I'll be going as Yoon! (decided very last minute)

An easy location to meet would be right inside the main entrance on the ground floor. It's easy to move outside after that.

If you can't find me wandering around, I'll be in the Artist Alley at least 50% of the time. I'm helping sell at table 1012, so you can come find me there too if you don't spot me around elsewhere. I'll probably be the most stationary one out of all of us. XD I'm excited to see that other people are planning on cosplaying Akatsuki no Yona too!

Jacklyn044

Hey there, guys! I won't be doing any AnY cosplays myself, but I'm a huge fan of the series, so I'm definitely interested in seeing some sort of gathering happen, even if it ends up being somewhat small by gathering standards.

Keep us updated on when and where it'll be!

Samariah Kuro

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry that I started this post and haven't been on it so long. I'm so excited that you're all interested in this though and look forward to meeting you all! Does the following work for everyone?

WHEN: Sunday 2:00pm
WHERE: Near ground floor main entrance

I just picked a random time in the afternoon, but I'm open to whatever works for you all! Thank you Lucathia for thinking of a meeting location!

I'm on Facebook as Samariah Kuro so feel free to add me as a friend and instant message me in case we have trouble finding one another :) Remember to invite any Akatsuki no Yona cosplayers or fans you meet during the con!

lucathia

I told every Akatsuki no Yona cosplayer I saw. Hope to see several of us there!

Navashuryn

I'm sad to admit that I wasn't able to finish my Yona costume like I was hoping. I will come take pictures of everyone, though! I'll be the pirate in the Yona wig, lol.

Samariah Kuro

Alright everyone there are a few of us here early at the front ground floor main entrance near the giant column! So look for the 6 foot Hak weapon! You guys are fantastic at spreading the word, it seems every fan or cosplayer I've talked to has already heard about it! See you guys in a little while! And Navarashyn that's okay you'll still be my beloved Yona Hime even if you aren't in princess clothes ;)