Ace Attorney/Professor Layton Cosplay Gathering 2016 (old)

Started by corink, April 29, 2015, 03:45:29 AM

corink

EDIT* I'm going to make a new thread for the 2017 gathering, but I'll link it here (since this one is a few years old now)

Please comment if you are cosplaying/attending or if you know someone who is!

Hey guys!  With the continuing Ace Attorney games, everything is looking awesome. Professor Layton series may be over, but all cosplayers from any game (including the movie and spin-offs) are welcome! We now have 6 Layton games, 6 main Ace Attorney games, and several spin-offs plus the crossover! More info on gathering soon to follow when more info about con comes out. (I hope there are more Layton cosplayers this year even though the series ended, but still loving the turnout of Ace Attorney cosplayers!)

Name of the gathering: Ace Attorney/Professor Layton
This Gathering Includes: Any characters included in either the Ace Attorney and/or Professor Layton franchises (includes spin offs like Layton Brothers, Ace Attorney Investigations, AA and PL mangas, etc.)
Day: TBA
Time: TBA

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed

Shot Order:

Games:
-Ace Attorney Trilogy (Phoenix Wright games)
-Ace Attorney:Apollo Justice
-Ace Attorney:Dual Destinies/Ace Attorney 6
-Ace Attorney Investigations (both)
-Dai Gyakuten Saiban?
~Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney~
-Professor Layton first trilogy
-Professor Layton prequel trilogy (includes the movie)
-Spinoffs

Characters (AA)
-Defense Attorneys
-Prosecutors
-Detectives
-Assistants
-Defendants/Witnesses/Victims/Suspects/etc.
-Siblings/relatives! (ex. Phoenix/Trucy, Edgeworth/Franzizksa, Feys, Gavins, Trucy/Apollo etc.)

Characters (PL)
-Each game individually?
-Main Layton crew
-Villians
-NPCS/characters Layton helps

Characters (Both)(If there is time)
-Protags (so like Layton, Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Edgeworth, Alfendi?)
-Assistants (Maya, Luke, Pearl, Emmy, Ema, Kay, Trucy, Gumshoe, Flora whoever shows up)

Individual Character Shots

Requests:
You guys can send requests here or on the facebook page for this. Please try to keep it PG/PG-13 (if you want to do more things as consenting adult cosplayers please save that for outside the meet up maybe? You guys can still request pairings as long as the cosplayers involved are okay with it)

Hanha

Hey hi I reblogged your post going around on tumblr and gonna post on here as well! I'd love to join as Espella, as I made her for Fanime '13 but that was obviously way before the game came out ('cept in Japan) so no one had a clue who I was, haha.

Anyways yes I'd like to join!!

Hanha

Also jsyk this isn't the board for gatherings if you need to move it or something

BSaphire

I wanted to let you know that this thread is currently in the wrong section of the forums and that may prevent people from joining your gathering so if you change the title (subject) to read: Ace Attorney Gathering 2015  it would probably get moved to the right section. ALSO....

Just a reminder that the Cosplay Gatherings Department has not received a "Submission Request" for this gathering and that means it is CURRENTLY NOT listed on the Official Gatherings List and will NOT appear on the Gatherings Boards during Fanime 2015.

The List closes Friday May 15th @ 11:59pm with NO exceptions. Final List is posted by May 17th @ 11:59pm.

Thank you
BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

corink

Ok I changed the title and emailed the gathering department with all the necessary info so hopefully everything is fixed now?
Sorry for any confusion I'm new at this :/

BSaphire

Quote from: corink on May 11, 2015, 04:32:31 PM
Ok I changed the title and emailed the gathering department with all the necessary info so hopefully everything is fixed now?
Sorry for any confusion I'm new at this :/
I just happened to notice it when you submitted your URL and I'm sorry I didn't catch it sooner. Please understand that there is still no SR and I am sure you are working on it as I type this. Glad to see the Ace Attorney gathering come back this year. BTW... it only takes 4 people planning to attend for this to be eligible for "official status" so I hope you are thinking about your SR :)
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

DarkFujin

Quote from: Hanha on May 10, 2015, 10:03:07 PM
Hey hi I reblogged your post going around on tumblr and gonna post on here as well! I'd love to join as Espella, as I made her for Fanime '13 but that was obviously way before the game came out ('cept in Japan) so no one had a clue who I was, haha.

Oh hey, I think I was talking to you on Facebook the other day! I'm Kelly, the Shi-Long Lang cosplayer.

Anyway, I joined the event on Facebook, but I'm going to join here to, I don't know, bump the post and show that there are people attending so we can be official or whatever. I'm bringing both Robin Newman (with the brace and some extra pots to throw around)  and Simon Blackquill to Fanime. I'm not sure which one I'll wear at this gathering, though. Do you guys have any preference?

Hanha

Quote from: DarkFujin on May 13, 2015, 09:29:29 AM
Quote from: Hanha on May 10, 2015, 10:03:07 PM

Oh hey, I think I was talking to you on Facebook the other day! I'm Kelly, the Shi-Long Lang cosplayer.

Anyway, I joined the event on Facebook, but I'm going to join here to, I don't know, bump the post and show that there are people attending so we can be official or whatever. I'm bringing both Robin Newman (with the brace and some extra pots to throw around)  and Simon Blackquill to Fanime. I'm not sure which one I'll wear at this gathering, though. Do you guys have any preference?
Ah cool it'd be nice to meet you!! I didn't even wear my Espella last year because I got so little attention the year before so hopefully I'll get recognized this time (outside the gathering of course)

Just bring out what you haven't worn as often, I say

DJ_Sandman

I'll be there as Dick Gumshoe (variant version I came up with)

BlackPsycheLocks

I'm not to sure if I'm coming to the convention yet, but I might be there as Trucy!!

tuxedovilay

Cosplayer/ Photographer

corink

Hey guys!
I know it's way too early for this (but I saw another gathering I went to post a thing so I'm just doing this because yeah).
Anyways 2015 was a good year for cons! (well at least I had a good con turnout). This particular gathering was great (although I wish the staff would have included that it was an Ace Attorney AND Professor Layton gathering).
SO I'm still planning on hosting the gathering for 2016 if that's okay with everyone, and I hope we have a good turnout this upcoming year! (Still have no idea what ace attorney cosplay to do.)
-CorinK

zezeryous

I'll probably be there as Justine Courtney/Hakari Mikagami from AAI2!

Candiies

Hi!!! I'll be going as Ema Skye during her first appearance in the main AA trilogy, in the extension case from the first game. However, if I'm unable to put together my cosplay by the time Fanime comes around, I'll be cosplaying as Maya instead. :D
Going as Sugar (One Piece, Donquixote Pirates) this year!

Kinema

Xia

Going to try to go as fem!Edgeworth. I recently inherited a magenta dress suit from my aunt (the right shade even!)