'World Order' flash mob anyone?

Started by Red_Eye, May 02, 2015, 11:25:34 PM

Red_Eye

Anyone familiar with the music/performance group 'World Order'?  And therefore, familiar with their gimmick of performing their routine at random like the smallest flash mob you may have ever seen?

If not, check this out!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdyaDnnrLM

I'd think it'd be awesome if this became a RL flash mob among fellow Con goers.  In the main hall below Stage Zero?  Outside in the courtyard?  Wherever possible, I can see this being a fun, random addition to the fun spontaneity that is all so common at Fanime.

Overall it's a relatively simple dance to learn, and almost anyone can copy a fellow mob-er easily.

Any takers?

Angelx624

SIGN ME UP! COUNT ME IN! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

*ahem* What I'm trying to say is, I love World Order and I'm totally down!! It just depends on when this happens.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Red_Eye

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 06, 2015, 04:07:18 AM
SIGN ME UP! COUNT ME IN! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

*ahem* What I'm trying to say is, I love World Order and I'm totally down!! It just depends on when this happens.

Well, I'm glad to see some interest!  Hopefully if there are a few more willing participants (not to mention anyone in possession of a loud enough music player), this could very well go down.   :D

Imperial

the question is when, as if you all either do in cosplay or not, id be more than willing to take photos and film this. sounds like a lot a fun

Red_Eye

Here's an idea to see if this can be pulled off or not:

Those willing to participate and really make this happen (or think you MIGHT wanna), email me at [email protected]  If I see enough folks answer, I'll definitely for sure set a time and location.  Offhand, I can see myself planning sometime on Friday (the 22nd), but that's NOT guaranteed.  Also, anyone with a loud enough music player for an expected random live performance, please inquire!    ;D   You'd be a most useful key factor.

Cosplaying or not, feel free to want to take part!  Nothing wrong with a mix of casual and costumed folks.  And no, unfortunately I will not be cosplaying as 'World Order'.  But that's fine as no one would be required to.

Angelx624

Friday could possibly work. Besides a panel and gathering, I'm free to do this.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Red_Eye

Alrighty, here's the lowdown

I'm still all for seeing if this can be pulled off.  Sooooo, let's cover all the big details (in my opinion):

-'World Order' flash mob, reenacting the dance in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdyaDnnrLM
-Location in mind: G7 'The Art Spot' outside the main hall entrance under the art structure.
-Time: Friday May 22 @ 1:15 PM

Biggest factor still in jeopardy is having the song to play with.  Anyone who may happen to show up with a loud enough music player, you'd be most appreciated!

Best case scenario and that all works out, hope all who may wanna participate shows up and has a good time.
Worst case scenario and no music player is around, theeeeeeen I suppose we save this idea for next year?  No harm in that!   ;)

As for the dancing, I do not expect an exact match like that of World Order themselves.  Like one person takes the 'center/leader' position like the group, but rather everyone focuses on the overall group action/movements of the performance.  If anyone gets lost, just focus on following the others around.  No blame or fault for a misstep or slightly different move.  It's all in good fun!   8)

With that in mind, mark this in your plans if you wanna try!  Still would make this 100% definite if someone with a music player spoke up and was willing to share.  Other than that, looking forward to Fanime in just a little over a week!

Angelx624

Friday at 1:15 would work for me. ^^ This should be fun!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

bobcat888

You two should do it even if nobody else shows up. Play WORLD ORDER from a cellphone speaker and see if anything happens. If nothing happens repeat the dance until Monday and report back here how many joined in.

Angelx624

Quote from: bobcat888 on May 14, 2015, 01:34:37 AM
You two should do it even if nobody else shows up. Play WORLD ORDER from a cellphone speaker and see if anything happens. If nothing happens repeat the dance until Monday and report back here how many joined in.
Actually....... I do have a speaker that I can use with my ipod so if anything I might bring it just for this..... we just need someone to hold the speaker.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Red_Eye

It's the final countdown, people!   ;D

And I also got my hands on a speaker myself.  We may very well end up with two.  Surround sound!   Anyway, looking forward to this weekend ahead.  Hope ya'll are too!

See all you willing participants this Friday at 1:15 PM under the art structure outside the main hall entrance.  'World Order' is ON!

Angelx624

Oh, ok! Well maybe we should just go with one, then. But I'll pack mine just in case!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Takoyaki Sauce

how did it go? anyone have a video?