Let's Get Excited, Happy, Ecstatic, Good Vibes

Started by fanimefreak, May 04, 2015, 08:02:51 PM

fanimefreak

I am seeing a lot of negativity on the forums lately.  I understand there to be a lot of dissatisfaction from forum members in regard to how they feel the convention is being handled/where they see this convention headed but Fanime is only 16 days away and everyone needs to get off of the hate train.

From what I can see, although a bit late, some awesome guests have been announced, we know (or so they say) Back-On is playing at music fest, and other convention attractions are coming together quite nicely.  I have no doubt Fanime staff will put together another amazing and memorable experience for everyone.

I know its easy to keep sippin' on that haterade but I urge everyone who has any malice or contempt to let it go and try and enjoy yourself and the con that this staff is putting together for you.  Its time to get on board already.

Xanreo

Oof, two more weekends, huh.
I'd better step it up if I plan to finish my cosplay.

And hopefully, we have lovely weather for the weekend.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Angelx624

Despite the things going on, I still look forward to Fanime just as much as I did the past years. I don't let the haters/complainers/whiners get to me, I'm still gonna enjoy the con and they won't ruin it for me. Sure, I wish Fanime were more on top of things, but that doesn't mean the con can't be enjoyable.

I look forward to meeting up with friends, hosting a gathering for the first time, being back in the Masquerade after a couple of years, and just the whole atmosphere of the con that gives me the reason to be excited for it each year.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Mythal

I'm super stoked for Fanime this year! First time cosplaying even though it'll be my 4th convention and I'm really excited! Can't wait for the convention.

Admiral Donuts

16 days! So close, and I fly into San Jose in only half as many days!

I had a blast last year, I stumbled across more fun panels than I ever attended before. The weird music video one, the bootleg one, and then the science and history of diving ones at Clockwork Alchemy.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 04, 2015, 10:38:19 PM
Despite the things going on, I still look forward to Fanime just as much as I did the past years. I don't let the haters/complainers/whiners get to me, I'm still gonna enjoy the con and they won't ruin it for me. Sure, I wish Fanime were more on top of things, but that doesn't mean the con can't be enjoyable.

I look forward to meeting up with friends, hosting a gathering for the first time, being back in the Masquerade after a couple of years, and just the whole atmosphere of the con that gives me the reason to be excited for it each year.

For me, it's hard to believe all the doom and gloom simply on account of the convention being so friggin' huge. There are over 25,000 people who will be descending upon the convention center. Sure, a few thousand are really hoping for some sweet guests, but the vast majority will likely get all of the excitement and joy they are looking for out of Fanime by going to the Masquerade, or the AMV competition, or browsing the dealers hall, or artists alley, or swap meet (woot woot), etc. There's just so much going on at any given time that I just know tons of people are going to have a great con.

Are there things that can be improved? Always. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, and Fanime welcomes it. Even better, joining staff to help make the con what you want it to be.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to my 11th year. :D
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

echoshadow

Ok.. I'll play nice. Got to keep the good vibes and the kiddies happy.   :D

I'm looking forward to the black and white ball, and the music fest. Also enjoying all the near by places in downtown, and I'll check out clockwork alc. a bit longer this time.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

citrus

*Shrugs* might as well do the same.

I'm looking very much forward to musicfest since they ever rarely fail to satisfy me with the big name artists they usually bring! I'm also looking very forward to artist alley seeing what new and old artists I'll be commissioning.

I'll also be looking forward to all whatever guests panels they'll be having too!

What I also love about fanime is the gigantic vendor's hall they have. Which I would say is 2nd biggest to AX.

Dracil

Basically anything music/performance related except for the "dances"

So musicfest/fanimaids/other stage zero/outdoor performances.

Barnes

I recently had some good news come my way, so I'm feeling a little more excited now  8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Kuudere

Yesterday, I took the liberties of putting a countdown on my smart watch. Now I can feel the hype every time I check it.

(The girls change every hour)

Abyss1

Got a $1200 tax return...most of it will be spent at fanime 8)

jemz

I am looking forward to this year's Fanime with my family. I am looking forward to a more coherent conversation with my daughter (as she is still ankle-biter status) as we look at all the amazing things in Artist Alley (and maybe buy her something cute!) and see really neat costumes.

I'm also looking forward to seeing great friends and maybe steal a few minutes for a hug/chat. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って