BART and San Mateo Bridge closures over Memorial Day Weekend

Started by firstcultural, May 14, 2015, 01:01:45 PM

firstcultural

weekend traffic heads up

BART Track closure between Fruitvale and Coliseum,  All day Saturday, May 23 through all day Sunday, May 24, 2015

To accommodate your travel while the work is being done, we will have a "bus bridge" providing lifeline service for customers who don't have other options. The buses will carry customers between the two closed stations. There will be no additional charge for the bus. The bus bridge will cause 30-60 minute delays for some customers.

AVOID TRAVEL BETWEEN FRUITVALE AND COLISEUM DURING TRACK WORK IF POSSIBLE
We recommend that you avoid travel between Fruitvale and Coliseum on the designated weekends if possible. If you are driving, we recommend that you park at the station (Fruitvale, Coliseum or Bay Fair) that will allow you to avoid the bus bridge

Also on Saturday May 23, there will be no Green Line service. Which means: unlike typical Saturdays, customers proceeding north from Fremont will have to use a Richmond (Orange Line) train. There will be a transfer at Bay Fair to a Blue Line train and then the bus bridge between Coliseum and Fruitvale stations. There will also be less overall service capacity and frequency. During the closure, passengers should listen to overhead announcements, employee instructions, and follow temporary signs that will be in place.
http://www.bart.gov/news/articles/2015/news20150430

San Mateo Bridge to Close May 22-25 for Construction

Caltrans will close the San Mateo Bridge May 22-25 for roadway resurfacing and expansion joint replacement. Full closures for all east and westbound lanes will begin at 10:00 pm on Friday the 22nd and continue until 5:00 am on Monday the 25th. Motorists can use the Dumbarton Bridge, San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, or the southern route along CA-237 as alternate routes during these closures. For more information http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects2/sanmateobridge/

Barnes

I've been meaning to share this myself. Lately on weekends, I've ridden on BART to Milbrae, transferring to Caltrain to SJ.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Nina Star 9

This is my first time coming to Fanime from my current residence (Berkeley), so I'm not sure either how traffic usually is the Friday morning of con, or how the public transit closures will impact traffic further (they do not directly impact my travel, but people being rerouted may impact my travel). If I want to leave Friday morning and get to a photoshoot at 10:30AM, what time should I leave? According to both google maps and 511 traffic, it usually takes around an hour (in traffic) to get to downtown San Jose from south Berkeley, so I was thinking of leaving an hour and a half before my shoot to give me plenty of time, but is this enough, or should I leave even earlier?

jemz

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 18, 2015, 07:39:34 PM
This is my first time coming to Fanime from my current residence (Berkeley), so I'm not sure either how traffic usually is the Friday morning of con, or how the public transit closures will impact traffic further (they do not directly impact my travel, but people being rerouted may impact my travel). If I want to leave Friday morning and get to a photoshoot at 10:30AM, what time should I leave? According to both google maps and 511 traffic, it usually takes around an hour (in traffic) to get to downtown San Jose from south Berkeley, so I was thinking of leaving an hour and a half before my shoot to give me plenty of time, but is this enough, or should I leave even earlier?

My personal suggestion is to leave about 2 hours earlier. That way, if traffic goes smoothly down 880S and you get to Con relatively quickly, then you have some time to find parking, prepare for your photoshoot or get some breakfast. 

Safe travels and have a lot of fun at Con!  ;D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

firstcultural

you may want to give yourself an extra half hour.  the days before long weekends tend to have unusual traffic patterns.