Cosplay Drag Show & Lipsync Competition

Started by vizualkai, May 15, 2015, 01:59:15 PM

vizualkai

Hey all! Just want to introduce myself, I am Kai, known on the drag scene as KaiKai Bee Michaels and I have been a cosplayer for many years. I've been doing drag for about two years and have brought my Cosplay into that world but now I think it's time to bring some drag to Cosplay! I am proud to be putting on a show on Sunday with some of the best cosplay queens (and kings) on the scene! It will be at 4pm so come check it out! It'll be similar to the masquerade but without having to wait in line for two hours to get in.

Drag is very much an audience participation sport so aside from the engaging performers, we will also have a lipsync contest featuring YOU, the audience! We will be picking winners based on their ability to perform, so do your best! Leave suggestions here for what songs you guys would like to hear, we will have multiple rounds so please don't hesitate to give a few.

Thank you Fanime for letting us do this and we hope to see you all there! Let me know if you have any questions.  :-*

YaoiCat

Sounds fun!  I'll definitely check this out :D

bahamutknightzero

Sounds interesting, may have to check this out

djmonolith

hey!  I just saw this... and how awesome!  We have met (through Christina Smiley).  Looking forward to seeing the show on Sunday (if I am still alive).
This is my signature.

Avairrianna

Oh man my friend is gonna be soooo pissed he couldn't come this year!!!! He's a drag queen too who's also a cosplayer. Is this event going to be listed in the handbook?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

vizualkai

Glad you guys are gonna come! Yes, this will be in the handbook so keep your eyes peeled!

djmonolith

WAIT!  Audience participation?   :-[
This is my signature.

Avairrianna

You guys recorded it right? Are you going to post it anywhere?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 25, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
You guys recorded it right? Are you going to post it anywhere?

Seconding the request

vizualkai

Yes! We will post a link as soon as we get it

YaoiCat

I'm so sad I missed this!  I completely forgot about it because I was using the schedule grid to plan out my con and I didn't see this event in there :(  Will you be doing this again?  I'd love to see it at SacAnime or YaoiCon later this year!

djmonolith

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 27, 2015, 11:40:36 AM
I'm so sad I missed this!  I completely forgot about it because I was using the schedule grid to plan out my con and I didn't see this event in there :(  Will you be doing this again?  I'd love to see it at SacAnime or YaoiCon later this year!

DITTO
This is my signature.