FYI Downtown SJ street closures May 23 due to Color Run

Started by Enkai, May 17, 2015, 06:38:02 PM

Enkai

I live pretty much downtown, and I found out about a bunch of street closures Saturday that may affect Fanime attendees. If you are driving around the con Saturday, plan accordingly.   It looks like they will be at Cesar Chavez park (across from the Fairmont), so it may be a bit more crowded for Cosplay photos than usual.

See the following. I have bolded closures most immediate to convention activities.

COLOR RUN 2015 STREET CLOSURES

May 23, 2015

1.   Northbound Highway 87 Santa Clara Street off ramp – Closed from 6:00 AM until 12:00 PM on Saturday May 23rd;
2.   Santa Clara Street – Closed between Montgomery and Almaden Avenue from 7:30 AM until 10:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;

3.   The Alameda – Closed between Race Street and Montgomery from 7:30 AM until 10:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;
4.   Almaden Boulevard – Closed between Saint John Street and Park Avenue from 7:30 AM until 10:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;
5.   Park Avenue – Closed between Almaden Boulevard and Market Street from 5:00 AM until 11:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;
6.   San Fernando Street – Closed between North San Pedro and Delmas Street from 5:00 AM until 11:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;

7.   West Saint John Street – Closed between Notre Dame Avenue and Montgomery Street from 4:00 AM until 1:00 PM on Saturday May 23rd;
8.   North Autumn Street – Closed between Julian and Santa Clara Street from 5:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Saturday May 23rd;
9.   Stockton Avenue – Closed between West Julian and The Alameda from 5:00 AM until 11:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;
10.   West Julian Street – Closed between Montgomery Street and The Alameda from 7:30 AM until 10:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd
11.   North Keeble Avenue – Closed between Julian Street and The Alameda from 5:00 AM until 11:30 AM on Saturday May 23rd;

For more information about The Color Run, please visit http://thecolorrun.com

beastboytitans

Michabelle

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. The last time I was in San Jose was for a hockey game in January. We went to the mall before the game and it took us nearly an hour to get back to our hotel because there turned out to be a color run nearby. What are the odds of this happening again? XD Hopefully traffic isn't as jammed this time around!

Nina Star 9

For those of us for whom the street names aren't terribly helpful, there is a map on the website: http://thecolorrun.com/san-jose/

Here's a screenshot of the places closest to the con that will be on the route:

djmonolith

this is beyond lame... how in the world are people supposed to get to the convention Saturday morning?  i live on Park and drive to Fanime...

seriously...!!!
This is my signature.

djmonolith

This is my signature.