Can I pick up someone's badge if I have their information?

Started by JazzJuicebox, May 19, 2015, 08:01:31 PM

JazzJuicebox

So I bought my boyfriend's and my badges separately because I didn't realize 3 people for a group was the minimum back then. He won't be able to make the Thursday and Friday badge pick up days and I don't want him to waste his Saturday morning to pick it up. I want him to be able to go to the con without having to wait.

SO. Is it possible to pick up his badge if I have his ID as well as the registration confirmation with me? Or do you still need to see him in person?
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided

Kuudere

They're going to likely need him present. This is to avoid several problems - one of them being that they have no way to confirm that you know him or will actually give the badge to him. Having an ID and confirmation isn't enough to prove that. If you really want to get an official answer, though, you can always email registration and ask. Sometimes, they're able to work with individual cases.

If it makes it any better, they seem to have really improved badge-pickup to be very quick, so he probably won't miss out on anything while getting his badge.

JazzJuicebox

Quote from: Kuudere on May 19, 2015, 08:48:37 PM
They're going to likely need him present. This is to avoid several problems - one of them being that they have no way to confirm that you know him or will actually give the badge to him. Having an ID and confirmation isn't enough to prove that. If you really want to get an official answer, though, you can always email registration and ask. Sometimes, they're able to work with individual cases.

If it makes it any better, they seem to have really improved badge-pickup to be very quick, so he probably won't miss out on anything while getting his badge.

Awesome thanks so much for the answer!
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided