Video Programming feedback 2015

Started by the otaku god, May 26, 2015, 08:36:00 AM

the otaku god

Leave comments of praise or nays here for us please. Once again thanks for coming to FanimeCon 2015 and hanging out in our video rooms, we aim to please and I hope we did just that! see you all next year!!!
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Avairrianna

What went wrong with Evangelion 2.22 and was the sound issue ever fixed in that room?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Amanojaku

Over-all good.  One thing I might suggest is a little more hands on training by the people running the videos... and for all I know, they might already get plenty of that.  But the person running the videoroom Sunday night for Chaika the Coffin Princess was having trouble selecting the right video and video player between episodes.  It seemed mostly an issue with being unfamiliar with the Mac platform.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

The_Only_BlackGuyin_Anime

No Dragonball or Dragonball Z in the nostalgia room? I thought with the announcement of Dragonball Super that we would get some DB action...alas nothing.  :'(
*Link Removed*

Amarok

I'm going to be a broken record and make the exact same feedback I made last year:

It would be really helpful if attendees could know if something being shown was a dub or a sub without having to go all the way down to the room to check it out. This could be as simple as putting a (S) or (D) after the title of something in the programming and would be helpful to many people, as I know lots of folks tend to prefer watching either dubs or subs.

Also, the subtitles on one of the Asian films being shown were REALLY messed up, like displayed subtitles were 45 seconds ahead of the video messed up. I don't know if this just wasn't brought to anybody's attention, but it didn't seem great that a film had just been left running like that. It was pretty much unwatchable because of that, unfortunately. :(

Admiral Donuts

The parasyte sub's were awful. Not really blaming, just an observation.

Ten minutes before Wolf Children ended the show was stopped and we were told to please move to the center of the room. There were dozens of seats available which made the interruption confusing and annoying.

Kyra_Maverick

Some showings ran extremely late, like the Kill la Kill marathon, pushing back other programing. Several minutes is one thing, but this was 1.5 hours. What happened there?

Some staff running video rooms asked if we'd like to watch subs or dubs, that was appreciated.

The computer you had playing the live action Kenshin movies Sunday could not handle the high bitrate so most action scenes were just a mess.

Good selection of shows, although Death Note in nostalgia room just makes me feel old.

KandiKoated

Really need better yaoi for the yaoi room. It's really bland being in the one room with three girls falling asleep to what the con considers "yaoi" programming for 18+ when it is actually merely shonen ai/boys love that is appropriate for those younger fan girls. If I need an ID to get in, it should be worth it. It was kind of pathetic in comparison to next door's noise level which was the Hentai room which was full of excitement that I feel both rooms should have. Just playing the entire boring first 6 episodes of Love Stage was not yaoi to me at all honestly. I wouldn't even mind some older picks like Level C or Papa to Kiss in the Dark (not really old but still is actual yaoi to me). Also don't be afraid of just playing the OVAs or just skipping episodes sometimes because it honestly does not matter much. Just live up to the name please or just remove the age restriction entirely to avoid false advertising.

Abyss1

Quote from: Amarok on May 26, 2015, 07:20:50 PM
I'm going to be a broken record and make the exact same feedback I made last year:

It would be really helpful if attendees could know if something being shown was a dub or a sub without having to go all the way down to the room to check it out. This could be as simple as putting a (S) or (D) after the title of something in the programming and would be helpful to many people, as I know lots of folks tend to prefer watching either dubs or subs.

Also, the subtitles on one of the Asian films being shown were REALLY messed up, like displayed subtitles were 45 seconds ahead of the video messed up. I don't know if this just wasn't brought to anybody's attention, but it didn't seem great that a film had just been left running like that. It was pretty much unwatchable because of that, unfortunately. :(

Asian Cinema room was jacked everytime I showed up to watch something, either subtitles were off, or the visual quality kept glitching as if the file was corrupted.

Would agree on the user who said you guys should note if a anime or movie is dubbed.

FMV was awesome good work on that. 

Nostalgia Room: Great Work love the 4:3 format at times

the otaku god

I just wanted to let you know I am reading what your posting and will reply soon.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

InsaneDavid

Nice mix in the Nostalgia Room again.  Reminded me of how much I enjoy Cat's Eye.  A little warm in the smaller video rooms this year however, even when there weren't a lot of people in them.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Dreamlord

I would of liked more variety in the Asian room. Also Please have a film summary available for guests to read.

Sunara Ishi

I've been wondering.... has the number of video rooms actually shrunk in number? I seem to remember a year when there were more rooms?

I think it would be nice to have a couple more rooms. Two live action rooms would be nice. One for movies and another for Jdrama series. I felt the Asian film room was showing more tv shows than actual films... or at least it seemed that way. I personally like stopping by for something that doesn't require me to watch episodes "1-x" and actually has an end. (I liked the anime film room...)

It would be nice to have a couple more anime rooms too... I think one that shows examples of various genres would be nice. And one that shows various anime shorts (those series that are like 7min. each episode...) would be nice for those that want to stop by to kill time before something else.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the rooms becoming so industry... It feels like we're bought to some extent. But what can we do....?
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Dreamlord

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on June 03, 2015, 12:31:50 AM
I've been wondering.... has the number of video rooms actually shrunk in number? I seem to remember a year when there were more rooms?
I agree!!!! ;D

I think it would be nice to have a couple more rooms. Two live action rooms would be nice. One for movies and another for Jdrama series. I felt the Asian film room was showing more tv shows than actual films... or at least it seemed that way. I personally like stopping by for something that doesn't require me to watch episodes "1-x" and actually has an end. (I liked the anime film room...)

It would be nice to have a couple more anime rooms too... I think one that shows examples of various genres would be nice. And one that shows various anime shorts (those series that are like 7min. each episode...) would be nice for those that want to stop by to kill time before something else.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the rooms becoming so industry... It feels like we're bought to some extent. But what can we do....?