2015 Fanime Cosplay / General Photo Gallery Index (Unofficial)

Started by InsaneDavid, May 26, 2015, 10:40:22 AM

InsaneDavid

I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

InsaneDavid

All caught up again.  Additionally I did a run through the gatherings threads looking for posted galleries and I think I've hit everything posted outside of event pages.

Thanks again everyone!  Also, if there are any general FanimeCon 2015 galleries you've come across, feel free to post the link to them as well.

djmonolith

This is my signature.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: djmonolith on May 29, 2015, 08:25:05 AM
Thanks for doing this InsaneDavid!

No problem at all!  I've been enjoying looking through all the galleries and seeing awesome cosplay I didn't come across at con.  I like showing my girlfriend that some people cosplay as stuff even more obscure than what we do.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 29, 2015, 10:45:14 AM
Quote from: djmonolith on May 29, 2015, 08:25:05 AM
Thanks for doing this InsaneDavid!

No problem at all!  I've been enjoying looking through all the galleries and seeing awesome cosplay I didn't come across at con.  I like showing my girlfriend that some people cosplay as stuff even more obscure than what we do.
I personally love obscure stuff and less "popular" stuff... but I always miss them. I personally try to avoid too obscure cosplays myself... I had one that looked too generic Miko and everyone thought I was Kikyo.
Also, thanks for compiling the list of links. As a cosplayer needing photos of my stuff, it can be hard to search for photo links... I just wish more people listed what gatherings they had taken pics of and not so much photo dump.

On a side note, I wanted to warn peeps that Flickr seems to cap viewable pics (on their main display) to under a certain about. For the photographers that have 100+, you need to click onto a pic and use the thumbnail scrollbar to see the rest. Just a heads up.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 29, 2015, 06:29:34 PMI personally love obscure stuff and less "popular" stuff... but I always miss them. I personally try to avoid too obscure cosplays myself... I had one that looked too generic Miko and everyone thought I was Kikyo.
Also, thanks for compiling the list of links. As a cosplayer needing photos of my stuff, it can be hard to search for photo links... I just wish more people listed what gatherings they had taken pics of and not so much photo dump.

As an example, on Saturday my girlfriend and I were the in-game series mascot (her) and the television advertising gimmick (me) for a series of Japan-only arcade and home release train driving simulation games, "Densha de Go!"  So she was Tetsu-chan, essentially a JR conductor holding a working Japanese railway signal with pop up game messages made to be more con-specific, and I was a salaryman wearing a super-deformed E3 Series Shinkansen around my waist, dancing around to the music from the games which I built into the train - taken from the advertising for the PlayStation ports of the first two games.  All the little kids thought I was great though. lol - https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/20090_932461076775633_1607497638623817460_n.jpg?oh=1f0666008d833c5ac72d41371b059cd3&oe=55F35D6A

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 29, 2015, 06:29:34 PM
On a side note, I wanted to warn peeps that Flickr seems to cap viewable pics (on their main display) to under a certain about. For the photographers that have 100+, you need to click onto a pic and use the thumbnail scrollbar to see the rest. Just a heads up.

I think it may be an interface glitch from heavy use or freshly uploaded images / user upload settings.  On some galleries on Flickr I was able to browse through hundreds of pictures (slowly toward the end, of course) without an issue and on a later revisit I was plagued with the same problem you mentioned - having images stop loading after awhile although they could still be scrolled through in the regular single image view.  A couple hours later I tried to view one of those galleries again and it was loading fine so who knows what the problem is.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 29, 2015, 07:06:28 PM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 29, 2015, 06:29:34 PMI personally love obscure stuff and less "popular" stuff... but I always miss them. I personally try to avoid too obscure cosplays myself... I had one that looked too generic Miko and everyone thought I was Kikyo.

As an example, on Saturday my girlfriend and I were the in-game series mascot (her) and the television advertising gimmick (me) for a series of Japan-only arcade and home release train driving simulation games, "Densha de Go!"  So she was Tetsu-chan, essentially a JR conductor holding a working Japanese railway signal with pop up game messages made to be more con-specific, and I was a salaryman wearing a super-deformed E3 Series Shinkansen around my waist, dancing around to the music from the games which I built into the train - taken from the advertising for the PlayStation ports of the first two games.  All the little kids thought I was great though. lol - https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/20090_932461076775633_1607497638623817460_n.jpg?oh=1f0666008d833c5ac72d41371b059cd3&oe=55F35D6A
Believe it or not, but I am actually familiar with the character. Anime styled persona characters of objects/transportation were a really big thing a few years back and I remember seeing images of her floating around various image boards. I believe I even saw merchandise released with her. There were also ones of the game systems, web browsers, and other things besides the transportation ones. And I think it is still a thing with certain crowds. Too bad I didn't see you in person; it sounds awesome. >.<

Good to know about the Flickr thing. It probably is just a heavy traffic cap thing. But I never quite know with Yahoo; they do some questionable things sometimes. I wish they would do that differently though; it makes it hard to know whether you are missing images or not.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

ghoulpixel

kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

-_-chuckles-_-

heres the pics i took of cosplayers, thanks to all that where nice enough to let me take pics of them. highly appreciated. if dropbox link not allowed please let me know ill take it down. i dont have social media
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ri1d7b4j09rnkz0/AADupXFn-ZKGxEjxM072FbBma?dl=0

blackjack102

InsaneDavid

Another round of updates as more galleries come online from photographers I know of.  I also went through new posts in the Cosplay Gatherings subforum and added anything new.  All caught up again, thanks again everyone!

clawmaster

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

AbsolutelyCursed

InsaneDavid

All caught up again.  Also did another massive swing through Facebook.

Thanks once more everyone!  Keep the links coming!  Also if you know of a gallery not in the index, post it up as well!