Your plans for FanimeCon 2016

Started by Admiral Donuts, May 26, 2015, 12:17:38 PM

Barnes

1. Enjoy Fanime
2. Enjoy Fanime
3. ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
4. Enjoy Fanime

Okay, seriously:

1. Take some cosplay photos, and try something a little different from my current technique
2. Try actually cosplaying (I say this all the time but never get around to it XD)
3. Try an event I've never tried before (Black and White Ball perhaps?)
4. Stay up through the entire Midnight Madness marathon
5. Try something new and out of my comfort zone
6. Give something else another chance
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Nina Star 9

It's so far out, I have no idea on specifics, but my plans are pretty much the same as always:

1. Wear way too many costumes. Make a lot of costume changes.
2. Do way too many photoshoots
3. Go to gatherings
4. Sing a lot of karaoke!
5. Dinnerstuck
6. Hit up the hotel pool and/or spa to relax
7. Probably wear costumes that are impossible to wear and cause lots of pain...and then take them off and do the same thing the next day

This year, I want to actually submit some panels, and hopefully host some. (I might also attend panels, if there are any interesting ones.) I might try to cut back on the number of cosplays I bring (not sure if I'm making anything new...maybe just one thing), so I'm not spending my entire con changing in and out of costume, but I know myself, and that doesn't seem likely to actually happen.

I don't know what I'm bringing yet, costume-wise. It may end up depending on the gatherings schedule, what I decide I want photoshoots for, and what I'm excited about when it comes closer to con.

I tend to spend a lot of my con doing shoots, which is something I enjoy. If any photographers in this thread want to shoot with me, hmu

citrus

*Shrugs* I guess the same usual thing before things went downhill...

1. Go to musicfest as that's the sole reason why I bother to continue going Fanime

2. Go to the industry/ Guest of Honor panels if the guests interest me.

3. Go to artist alley and meet a lot of famous or very well known artist. This is also a fairly decent factor for me coming to Fanime. I get to meet all the well known artists on DA and meet them in real life and commission them. As they don't do digital. It's a golden opportunity to commission them traditionally. The whole portfolio-based thing is isn't too bad I guess.

4. Go to the vendor's hall. It's the 2nd biggest vendor hall compared to AX.

5. If I'm bored, Guess I'll go eat and get a meal.

6. Go to the 18+ panels. These are the ONLY fan panels I enjoy...

Nina Star 9

I've suddenly found myself in charge of organizing a Revolutionary Girl Utena cosplay group. How did this come to be.

Hopefully the group will happen, because I'm excited. If anyone wants to join up, PM me. (It's looking like we might be doing Student Council members.)

Angelx624

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on November 12, 2015, 08:42:23 AM
I've suddenly found myself in charge of organizing a Revolutionary Girl Utena cosplay group. How did this come to be.

Hopefully the group will happen, because I'm excited. If anyone wants to join up, PM me. (It's looking like we might be doing Student Council members.)
Good luck with it!! I tried to put together a cosplay group of something this year, but it didn't quite turn out....... ;_;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Nina Star 9

Thanks!

It seems to keep growing, too. @___@ I had no idea that so many people would be interested. Hopefully it all comes together.

I tried putting together a group for last Fanime, and that didn't work out. I'm going to see what I can salvage from it for this year (even if it just ends up being a few people). It can be tough to get a group together.

Also, I see in your signature that you're cosplaying Rinoa? Is that current information, or has it not been updated? I cosplay Ultimecia, so if you want to do a shoot, let me know. It's surprisingly difficult to find Rinoa cosplayers. (Ulti is a shoot-only cosplay, since it's actually quite physically painful to wear, and I'm completely useless with a giant headpiece, wings, and 3" claws on my hands! Don't expect me to wear it around the con, haha)

Angelx624

Yes, that's for next year. XD And that'd be cool! :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

HaidenHomestuck

My panel plans:
1) Cosplay Chess
2) Steven Universe Panel (cohosting)
3) Rainbow Rumpus Party House

My cosplay layout:
Steven (Steven Universe)
Calliope/Caliborn (Homestuck)
Dave (Homestuck)

All other plans:
1) Hang with Homestuck trash
2) Hang with Steven Universe trash
3) Hang out with all trash
4) Form a trash pile in the middle of the con of all fandoms
5) Have fun

fanimefreak

I am very excited for this year's Fanime!  It is going to be my first year making my costume on my own!  Last year I had help with my cosplay but this year its all on me.  As vain as this sounds, i feel like I'm leveling up as a cosplayer! Or, I'll at least gain some XP.  Hopefully it turns out okay.  I hope to get out of my shell more and party.  I know people don't really like to talk about that or it seems taboo but the nightlife at Fanime was so much fun.  I met a lot of people and had some great late nights hanging out and doing all kinds of ridiculous stuff.  I have a "plan" to go to as many panels as I can this year!  I missed out on some I wanted to go to last year and depending on what is offered I'm going to try and participate more. 

Red_Eye

I probably won't have as many plans as last year to do, but that won't stop me from having a good time with some ideas thrown in!

- Trying a new cosplay this year: Moonlight Knight
- Returning with my cosplay from the last 2 years: Veteran Pokemon Trainer
- Contributing to the Dealer's Hall Art Gallery if it returns again

And more of the usual:
- AMV Hell viewings (I have 2 clips in 7!)
- Arcade gaming
- Panel hopping
- Photo taking

Etc, etc, etc...

Freud

• Debut my new cosplays that I've dropped a ton on ;-;
  • Hope not to run into any of my enemies. Seems like people love to create rumours online.

• Have fun with my first group cosplay!
  • Find some photoshoots
  • Actively avoid my ex

Hopefully this year I'll muster up the courage to make some cosplay friends.

uzero

My plans are:

- Play Mahjong
- Take Photos
- Enjoy Panels
- Meet new people and make more friends.
- Find something good at the dealer's hall.

JohnnyAR

Drink! Everything is better with drink!

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

thepharaohinleather

1. Cosplay and hopefully get lots of pictures taken!
2. Shoppppp~ $$$$$$$$
3. Avoid several people at all costs
4. Feed my friends/family
5. Forget about my responsibilities elsewhere for a weekend~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

ComptonsLeastWanted

My favorite part of Fanime is definitely the people-watching! I also really enjoy the food in the area (San Jose is about an hour away from me so I don't go there very often) especially banh mi sandwiches.
It's only my second year cosplaying so I told myself I'd do more posing and smiling in any pictures. I never take selfies or other casual pictures, so I always feel really awkward in photos. @_@
I'm not a big panels person, but I enjoy ones about history or culture so I'm making sure to go to the panel about Osaka.
Finally, I don't really buy any merchandise at Fanime (all my spending is on the hotel and on food) but there was a seller in the Dealer's Hall last year that sells punny rabbit plushies so I might pick up another one this year.
Fanime 2016:
Friday: Louise, with partner as Tina (Bob's Burgers)
Saturday: Professional Kyubey (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Kyubey again for PMMM gathering / Monomi (Dangan Ronpa 2)