Your plans for FanimeCon 2016

Started by Admiral Donuts, May 26, 2015, 12:17:38 PM

Steve.Young

Quote from: citrus on May 27, 2015, 01:34:57 AM
I have plans on returning back to the con. But I'm NOT paying 450$ For just one night of a hotel. I've made some back up plans by booking a hotel room at the Fairmount and The Saint Claire (soon be known as the Westin hotel)  for the next memorial day weekend because I do want to return and I DON'T want a hotel that's so far away from the convention center. Seriously who would pay that much for 1 night!? I don't know about you but even booking a hotel at Anime Expo is CHEAPER then what you get at Fanime! While I couldn't book the hotel I want at AX through their website. I was easily able to book a hotel room from the hotel's official site. And each night is around 350$ While it's expensive as heck and I REALLY wish I could have gotten a discount this year. It's still worth it because that's much I think AX is worth going too. Booking the Fairmount for Fanime without booking it through Fanime's website costs as much as a night's stay at The Ritz Carlton's in L.A. and quite frankly I admit enjoyed this year's fanime and the convention is going to the right direction that it's winning me over to not switch to a different convention. But really? 450$ A night for a convention like Fanimecon? I don't think so.

And while I booked a hotel at the Westin as well for 260$ a night without fanime discount that's still pushing it. That's the maximum I think anybody should pay really. Speaking of which... has anybody stayed at the Saint Claire before? If so have you experienced anything haunted at your stay there? While I know the Saint Claire is going to turn into a new hotel. I'm scared it might be still haunted even with renovation... it probably explains the price tag during the memorial day weekend...

I have stayed at the St. Claire on two occasions. First occasion, I was upgraded to a Suite and it was a pretty nice one with a fireplace and everything. Second time was a standard 2 bed room. Nothing super fancy. Elevators are quick though...and stairs are not difficult here.

If you don't book within our housing blocks, I'm afraid that the hotel charges what they feel is a fair price for the weekend and unfortunately that means the few rooms we don't take can go for much higher than their normal daily rate.  An example would be the MGM Grand on Fight Weekend (Manny vs. Mayweather) as those rooms were going for thousands a night when they normally would be 100 dollars a night. Hopefully next year you are able to get a room through our housing blocks. Alternative is to get rooms nearby the DoubleTree Hotel. Shuttles run quite often and I saw quite a few people utilize them.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Luna Scamander

1. Fix my Cheshire Cat costume from Pandora Hearts, I need to redo shoes almost entirely and fix the tail, as well as play with my ears/wig and see if I can do it more seamlessly.

2.  Make my fiancee finish her Sophie costume so I can stop getting the question "Hey Howl where's Sophie?" when I walk around as Howl.

3.  Plan out my costumes earlier than a week in advance, I have plenty, but it's easier to know ahead to make it all more convenient.

4.  Get a hotel room again, we live 30 mins away, and parking isn't that bad (Overall I paid 18 dollars in parking for the entire weekend, it would have been 32, but we lucked out on one of the days) but not having a hotel room is killing me when I know how much better it is to have one.

5.  This is the most important one, work on NOT giving off the vibe of "Don't talk to me".  My fiancee constantly tells me I give that vibe off, and all of my friends who I've met at cons except 1 tells me I seem scary.  I had someone once tell me I was "Kuudere" so I guess I need to work on it, I'm actually friendly, I just... don't exude it.

Love Sign Master Spark

my list

- Address other cosplayers by character name.  I felt warm and fuzzy whenever someone addressed me by my character name; am I the only one who feels this way?
- Converse and interact more.  I've learned to start conversations with a compliment and a question so it's a matter of doing it.  That's a habit that will serve me anywhere in life too.
- Have faster reactions when it comes to asking for photos.  I was happy to pose for anyone who asked as long as the person isn't creepy (everyone who did ask came off as respectful).  So long as I am respectful, it's appears likely that people will say yes.
- Join a few more dances at Black and White Ball.  The staff did a fantastic job at creating an environment welcoming people who had more desire to dance than technical skill at it.  Had originally thought I would stand back and observe; ended up squeezing a few in.  Also, it makes for fun stories to join in dances while in cosplay.

Enkai

Seriously, I can't really say what my 2016 "plans" are, because we've got other, non-convention "plans" that don't really work by saying that something will be done by a certain date.  And those take priority.

Assuming all external forces remain the same, I do have two goals -
Hubby and I will actually finish our Count and Haydee costumes (Gankutsuou) we started a couple years back
We host a house party with friends during Fanime.  I have a karaoke machine, and I'd like to get my personal library filled out with some anime songs.  I want romaji lyrics though, and I need to make those CDG files myself though, so it's a little more work than just downloading the karaoke tracks.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Hatter on May 27, 2015, 04:41:05 PM
4.  Get a hotel room again, we live 30 mins away, and parking isn't that bad (Overall I paid 18 dollars in parking for the entire weekend, it would have been 32, but we lucked out on one of the days) but not having a hotel room is killing me when I know how much better it is to have one.
I'm envious... I paid closer to $50 in parking. T.T Mostly the first two days were the killer.

Next year:

1) Lose weight so I won't feel so self-conscious about my cosplays and actually have people wanting to take pics of me.

2) Also, get a hotel room. I stayed with family but commuting is a pain and keeps me from attending events/early cosplay gatherings. And multiple cosplays during the day is almost impossible. Walking several blocks to your parking space, when your feet are killing you, is not fun.

3) Look at the event brochure more closely on Day 0 and plan out my con better so I don't miss events. And write down things I want to attend on a separate paper; so I don't have to stare at small black text on dark gray backgrounds when I'm tired.

4) Save up lots of $$$.

5) Finish some cosplays (that I'm waiting on to lose weight for) and start work on some others sooner. (Assuming I have the money & time. ) Also, make myself some Lolita clothes to wear for next year. I didn't buy Goth Rori magazines to let them collect dust.

6) Come down earlier (Though I think I'll crash at someone's place for some of the days. ) so I can hang out with friends that don't attend con. So I'm not trying to do a million things during con.

7) Don't forget what I want signed at home when home is 6+ hrs away.... Also, don't focus on one guest and forget the others... -.-;

8) Practice posing more so I don't look like as much of a fool....

And this is all assuming external factors align in my favor and let me attend....
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

-_-chuckles-_-

This was my first year ever going to one of these.
I need more money
Need more info -  i did not know theres other things going on at the other buildings.
Take more pics
Have a good time.
We got there after parking and registered at around 2:30 or 3 on Sat. Stayed till 10ish. We live an hr and 15mins away. So the drive isn't bad.

Xanreo

Take more photos and video.
On the way down to San Jose, I decided to stop at Fry's and pick up a new camera. Turns out I was way too busy with the con to learn how to use the camera so it mostly remained a fashion accessory.
That and I was on Snapchat way too much.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

luffy77

Stay at either the Fairmont, Hilton, or Marriot for sure.  The last 2 years I have had to stay at another hotel and use a shuttle and it isn't fun.  When I used to stay at the Fairmont I could do so much more. 

Loose some more weight so I can do more cosplays.

Get more costumes so I can be in more gatherings. 

Try and have a girlfriend by next Fanime, but I'm being realistic lol.

Abyss1

Quote from: djmonolith on May 27, 2015, 12:22:22 AM
I live 4 minutes away but I want to stay in the hotel... it sucks having to drive and park.  Plus I miss out on all the all-night crazy.
I live next to the four-points, just a 2 block walk, was nice just taking the 24hour shuttle.  Stopped paying for the hotel convenience once they started that service.

spycker

Quote from: citrus on May 27, 2015, 01:34:57 AM
I have plans on returning back to the con. But I'm NOT paying 450$ For just one night of a hotel. I've made some back up plans by booking a hotel room at the Fairmount and The Saint Claire (soon be known as the Westin hotel)  for the next memorial day weekend because I do want to return and I DON'T want a hotel that's so far away from the convention center. Seriously who would pay that much for 1 night!? I don't know about you but even booking a hotel at Anime Expo is CHEAPER then what you get at Fanime! While I couldn't book the hotel I want at AX through their website. I was easily able to book a hotel room from the hotel's official site. And each night is around 350$ While it's expensive as heck and I REALLY wish I could have gotten a discount this year. It's still worth it because that's much I think AX is worth going too. Booking the Fairmount for Fanime without booking it through Fanime's website costs as much as a night's stay at The Ritz Carlton's in L.A. and quite frankly I admit enjoyed this year's fanime and the convention is going to the right direction that it's winning me over to not switch to a different convention. But really? 450$ A night for a convention like Fanimecon? I don't think so.

And while I booked a hotel at the Westin as well for 260$ a night without fanime discount that's still pushing it. That's the maximum I think anybody should pay really. Speaking of which... has anybody stayed at the Saint Claire before? If so have you experienced anything haunted at your stay there? While I know the Saint Claire is going to turn into a new hotel. I'm scared it might be still haunted even with renovation... it probably explains the price tag during the memorial day weekend...

So, youre putting down Fanime because you didnt take Fanime's discount on hotels? but then youre  praising Anime Expo? LMFAO!!! Thats your fault.

Angelx624

Usually after each Fanime, I start planning for next year's, due to post con depression....... xDDD

I kinda have an idea of what I'll cosplay for next year, but need to actually get down and decide that. It might be a bit too early to plan, but it's actually worth it, especially if one can start actually working on cosplays way ahead of time. However for some reason I still end up working on a few things right before con. ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Abyss1

Seriously post-con depression never happened to me in the 15yrs ive been going.  I've only gotten depressed about not being able to attend AX anymore after 10 fun years

Going for only 2 days next year...I guess my attention span is failing as I do more of these.  So I did Day 0,1,2,3 this year and was too burned out for day 4, really was done on day 2 and pushed day 3 only for AMV's. 

Angelx624

Well, I decided that next year I'm only bringing 5 cosplays(as opposed to 7) cause as much as I like bringing a lot to Fanime, I feel next year I'll keep it simple. ^^"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

First of My NAme

Hello everyone, first time comment here! LAst year was my 2nd time in a row going, but i worked both years. Even tho i worked, I loved it! It was really fun and didnt feel like work at all. Its awesome becuz none of my friends like anime (They are most into sports and stuff) and this was awesome to be around so many people who enjoyed what i did.

My plans for this next FAnime is:
1. To actually attend the black and white ball. Or the dance thing.
2. Find a lady friend to going with to dance.
3. Make some friends!

Anyways, hope to see u guys next year

Mod edit: its called a dance

Tiptop

The Laputa Robot will be back with some improvements. ;)

Angelx624

Well, I think my cosplay plans are finally set in stone!! ^^ Already started working on Rinoa, too!! Can't wait!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Melphina

My plans for Fanime are kind of Big My wife and myself are working on my first fur suit. We hope we can get it done By Fanime 2016. Also this time we are going to try and stay in one of the connected hotels versus taking the shuttles. Most importantly have a blast like last time.

KingDedede

Im cosplaying as King Dedede  ;D ;D ;D excited

Amanojaku

Debating bringing my girlfriend to Fanime Con for the first time... I've gone for the whole weekend ever since I started going... she is only a casual anime fan.  She wants to go but I think she'll get bored fast, and not like all the walking.  I'm not sure if she'd enjoy it.  Maybe I should leave her home :o
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Angelx624

So yeah.... now I'm thinking of doing something instead of Miku.... but I'm not sure what, yet. It might be Honoka, or maybe something generic(not character specific) but we will see! XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)