FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > General Convention Discussion

HELP! Tips for first timers

<< < (3/3)

Braska:
Hi Guys!

This is my first time attending any sort of anime convention. I do plan on Cosplaying, but I don't want to go dressed up, as it is a bit hot. Are there rooms where we could change? If so where could I find them? I'd like to verify something else as well. For registration I go to marriott first to pick up my badge and THEN walk to the convention center right? In regards to peace bonding, where would I go to get it branded? Lastly. Would I expedite the process by registering online as opposed to  a "walk in" to pay for my day pass since I have to go to the marriot anyways to pick up the badge?

Thanks in advanced! ;D

echoshadow:

--- Quote from: Braska on May 28, 2016, 11:40:34 PM ---Hi Guys!

This is my first time attending any sort of anime convention. I do plan on Cosplaying, but I don't want to go dressed up, as it is a bit hot. Are there rooms where we could change? If so where could I find them? I'd like to verify something else as well. For registration I go to marriott first to pick up my badge and THEN walk to the convention center right? In regards to peace bonding, where would I go to get it branded? Lastly. Would I expedite the process by registering online as opposed to  a "walk in" to pay for my day pass since I have to go to the marriot anyways to pick up the badge?

Thanks in advanced! ;D

Hopefully you'll get this in time,
As for cosplaying, you don't have to cosplay to have fun, just go as you are. But if you want to there are no changing rooms. Just the restrooms. If you are ok with changing in there, then do that. If not just come with your cosplay on.

For registration it's best to do it on line and pick it up at the Marriott. Don't worry the Marriott is connected to the convention center so you really don't have to walk a whole lot. Just ask people or staff where the reg line is at. 

Once you get your badge you'll get a goodie bag with all the info you need. Just find the map to where peace bonding is.

Have fun.

--- End quote ---

KyraEnsui:
Stay hydrated! It has been warmer each year during Fanime weekend and especially for cosplayers who wears multiple layers. Water + lemon makes the best hydration drink along with sport drinks. 

Small snacks. I always carried a small snack in case I get slightly hungry and do not want to miss out panels and such. Saves money until dinner time hits. XD

Stay in a group at night. No matter what, be careful at night. Do not go alone at night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version