Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2016!

Started by princesslara, May 25, 2015, 12:58:39 AM

Angelx624

Have to agree with cutie. You do NOTHING but COMPLAIN, citrus. We freaking get it. We don't need to hear it ten times over. Saying it over and over again will get you NOWHERE. If it's coming from one person, no matter how long the post is(honestly tl;dr at this point, dude, there really is no point in reading the whole thing it's just you complaining again) Fanime is not going to listen unless the majority of people are saying it. Hate to break your ego, dude, but you are NOT the majority. You are just one measly person out of tens of thousands of people who attend Fanime.

If you don't like Fanime, go somewhere else. We don't want your negativity here, cause ain't nobody got time for that.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Mythal

I think inviting cosplay guests who usually aren't able to make it to Fanime would be really cool, like Fighting Dreamer Productions from Canada, Tux Team (especially Jin/behindinfinity) from the Philippines, Mango Sirene, Liui Aquino, or Kiba the Cosplay Corgi.

karatails

I would like to see more VAs from Funimation, especualy ones who have worked on Yu Yu Hakusho

I really REALLY want to see Jerry Jewell here at Fanime. He has a notable carrer, has voiced a bunch of my favorite characters.. and most of the cons he attends are on the east coast...

Jerry has voiced characters from Hetalia, Fruits Basket, YYH, and many others. For many fans, he has been in our favoite shows, from old to new. A panel, or an autograph session would be wonderful with him in it.

crimson613

Cosplayers!

Martha Asahi
Reika
Kaname
Yugene

andyjay729

Kato*Fuku (Emiri "Kyubey" Kato and Kaori "Tsukasa" Fukuhara's duo group). They were just at Anime Weekend Atlanta and I would've loved to see them but, you know, the distance. I'm actually in San Diego and would normally request them for Anime Expo in LA, but I might be out of town around that time.

I dunno if it'd be feasible to have them at two American cons in less than a year, but I think Gen Urobuchi appeared at two stateside cons in 2012. What do you think?

It'd also be nice to have Marina Inoue.

SquishyK

Japanese VAs: Free!
English or Japanese VAs: Attack on Titan
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

andyjay729

I'd also like the ladies of Non Non Biyori (Kotori Koiwai, Kana Asumi, Rie Murakawa, and Ayane Sakura).

KagaChen

Time for an off-the-wall suggestion for an unusual guest.

The Mighty Jingles. YouTube gaming celebrity, small-time cosplayer, and noob extraordinaire.

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Epika

Biggest wish:
Rica Matsumoto from Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh. The Pokemon franchise's 20th Anniversary and the new Yu-Gi-Oh movie is in 2016. :)

Other Guests:
Hoshi Souichirou
Yukari Tamura
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Animation On Display (AOD) - 2009 & 2010
Fanime - 2011 - 2014
Anime Expo - 2015

mitsu

I'd really love to have:

Sumire Uesaka (Dekomori in Chuunibyou, Anastasia in Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
Yui Makino (Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicle, Fumina in Gundam Build Fighters Try)
Aya Suzaki (Tamako in Tamako Market, Mako in Kill la Kill)
Nao Toyama (Kanon in The World God Only Knows, Chitoge in Nisekoi)
Yuka Ootsubo (Kyouko in YuruYuri, Kanako in Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
Sayuri Hara (Kon in Inari Konkon, Mio in Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
Chiaki Omigawa (Maka in Soul Eater, Minko in Hanasaku Iroha)

It would be great if one or more of them could come and visit California, especially Sumire because she likes meeting anime fans all over the world.

mergeritter

Looking back at Fanime 2015's guest list, they haven't been the strongest.
Just recently, however, SacAnime 2016 had the strongest guests I've ever seen at a convention- Charles Martinet, Dameon Clarke, Veronic Taylor, Ashly Burch, and Olivia Olson, just to name a few.
Fanime needs to catch up guest wise, and I'd like to make one suggestion: voice actor Erica Mendez. Erica has starred in the roles of Aladdin in the English dub of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, and Ryuko Matoi in the English dub of Kill la Kill. She is also currently voicing Sailor Uranus in the newest dub of Sailor Moon. Needless to say, Erica has quite the roles under her belt.
It's still the beginning of January, and I think we still have time to even consider her as a guest.

thepharaohinleather

I would love to see Shawn Wasabi at fanime~ Also Dan Green, Kazuki Takahashi, any of the splatoon main staff, Until Dawn staff/voice actors, Gazette, Sid (i know most of these are a long shot but you know), Markiplier and Rebecca Sugar~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Firefury Amahira

Aaugh! Anime Expo is getting Team Four Star! C'mon Fanime, you guys can so step to that! D:
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

mergeritter

I know I already made a suggestion for guests, but it wouldn't hurt to make a few more.
I think Sarah Anne Williams would be another great addition to the list. She's voiced Nonon Jakuzure in the English dub of Kill la Kill, Sayaka Miki in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Peacock in Skullgirls, and Jinx from League of Legends, just to name a few.
Hope everyone can consider her. :)

tokenflipguy

Copy Posta from last year:
Jeremy Blaustien, one of the unsung heroes of video game translation. He worked for Konami in the 90's. He worked on games such as  the original Metal Gear Solid, Suikoden 2, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations and Silent Hill 2-4 and Dragon Warrior VII.  He also worked on some anime mainly Pokemon. He lives in Japan, so that could be a logistics issue.

He's currently working a game called Blackmore's Bane and owns a localization company iqioi inc.

http://www.iqioi.com/english.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Blaustein

He has done a few interviews on hardcoregaming101 and been on the 8-4 podcast as well.

Frederik L. Schodt

Translator of Ghost in the Shell manga and wrote a lot of books on manga.

Tim Rogers

Indie game dev and new games journalist.
"The net is vast and infinate" - Motoko Kusanagi Ghost in the Shell

Rykin

I would like to suggest DJ Hitomi for the dances.

mod edit: its called a dance

Galactic.Divinity

If you guys do cosplay groups I would love to see

Vandetta Cosplay or
NYAHpro

For voice actors maybe

Brina Palencia (Voices in Aquarion and Aquarion EVOL)
Christina Kelly (Voices in Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Heart Throb)
Luci Christian (Voices in Aquarion EVOL)
Laura Bailey (Voices in Soul Eater)
|| Stuck in time without a watch. ||

Fanime 2020 Lineup
Friday: ??
Saturday: ??
Sunday: ??
Monday: ??

Punkerdragon

I would love to see Holly Conrad and Jessica Merizan. They are amazing costumers that have worked on creature suits for Pacific Rim and costumes for the Dragon Age games. They preach that cosplay is not about levels or being better than some one else, its about having fun and hanging out with friends. They were on Hero's of Cosplay and on Morgan Spurlock Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fans Hope.

I would love to meet them and think they would be a great addition to Fanime.

SHINE14

I agree with the person somewhere above that suggested Uesaka Sumire (Sumipe)! She is also Chuchu in Show by Rock and Athena in the currently airing Luck & Logic. She's also a singer and has done some anime OPs and EDs in addition to her solo work, so maybe she can be an opening act for Music Fest as well. Of course, you can't leave out that she loves lolita, so it would be cool if she could talk about that, too! She's quite an interesting person whom I think could cover a lot of areas in terms of panels, so I hope Fanime considers her!

Another singer/seiyuu who I'd love to see is Ohashi Ayaka. She is probably most known as the voice of Uzuki from the iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, but she is also Felia in Comet Lucifer, Fleur in Eureka Seven Ao, and Kurome from Akame ga Kill!. Again, she could also perform as an MF opening act because she can perform her anime songs and her solo songs. (She's also super adorable. Please watch if you have a moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ_zvgkFojc & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWB2Twfml7I)

I'd be overjoyed if I could see either Sumire or Ayaka!