What was your biggest problem with Fanime 2015?

Started by bobcat888, June 27, 2015, 10:24:16 PM

bobcat888

I have many, would love to hear what other people's were.

What would've made it more fun?

This post is intended to let me people vent, complain, and hopefully have their comments be heard by the staff. Please, no extreme negativity unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you.

>:( DO NOT ATTEND FANIME 2016 IF HAYAO MIYAZAKI IS NOT AN ANNOUNCED GUEST. >:(

citrus

You been constantly spamming about Fanime to bring Hayao Miyazaki. Your not doing anybody any favors spouting the same thing over and over again. Someone gave you an awnser. Nobody is going to take you seriously if you do. All I see is an obvious troll.

bobcat888

No, it's a pretty serious request. I've read the replies and appreciate them. Maybe if I post enough the word will reach Japan, Idk, it could happen. I'd definitely be there in a heartbeat if he came, omg, yeah I think I'd be first in line for the meet and greet or whatever went down. And being first in line to a thing like that would probably take some effort.

As far as the whole trolling thing goes, I don't really post it to like hi-jack other people's posts and never mean the cause's presence on this forum in any negative way. Also in this case it was more of "signature" if you will, they're pretty common in forums, I just haven't figured out how to that on this forum.

Would love to hear your biggest problem with Fanime 2015. Peace!

bahamutknightzero

I thought it was common knowledge that Miyazaki is never coming to any anime convention

cutiebunny

OP, I don't think you're being realistic.  This is Miyazaki.  An OLD man.  A well known man.  Even if Fanime had the funds necessary to bring him over (and I'm sure he'd ask for quite a pretty penny as an appearance fee), the fact that the man doesn't like anime cons does not bode well for your request.  Besides, didn't Miyazaki attend ComicCon a couple years ago?  I seem to recall him being there.  So, there ya go, sport.  There was your opportunity to have met him.  If any convention can afford to bring over Miyazaki, it would be ComicCon.

I think it would be more constructive on your part to simply find another anime convention if Fanime is not meeting your needs.  Fanime is not so desperate of a convention where your $55 weekend admission fee will be sorely missed. 

aetherltd

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on June 28, 2015, 12:04:14 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that Miyazaki is never coming to any anime convention
He retired several years ago. Watch the last scene of The Wind Rises. That's Miyazaki's goodbye.

echoshadow

I believe his son was at comic con. Not 100% sure so my guess is as good as anyone else's.

Also the biggest problem with Fanime, was that you where there.
That is my personal opinion.  I know how well you kiddies love using that term.

Besides that we have already posted the good and bad about Fanime in the "official " thread. My suggestion is that you put your comments there.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

bobcat888

This post has gotten far too negative so I am retiring from actively posting under it unless it's tone changes.

I was simply asking if anyone experienced any problems or had a problem with Fanime 2015 and felt there was something that they thought could be improved. I explained the Miyazaki signature in like the 3rd comment down yet everyone kept harping on it. Out of boredom? Out of anger? To avoid the subject of discussion out of ravenous pride for the Con and a cloud of attendee vanity? I'm not sure. I'd love a quote where I said that I did not enjoy the con. Or a quote from me that goes against me saying what I'm saying now; that I had a way more positive experiences than negative ones, and actually I didn't have any negative experiences really, just some things seemed to dim in excitement into the night where I wanted them to come more alive. Perhaps that's me fully wishing the con was a 2nd Halloween? A second Christmas? In a way isn't it a bit of both with some bonus stuff thrown in?

Personally, I just had a problem with the lulls toward the end of the evenings. It felt like it got very quiet, except for the game of trivia or whatever it is on the 2nd floor and the karaoke room which were thankfully non-stop. Was it me or did a lot of people not enjoy the selection of anime played this year? A lot of the rooms were noticeably empty, and I'm not talking about 2am and onward, while wondering around at various times I noticed rooms that were filled with only 5 or so people. I wonder if some kind of vote system could be put into effect, like those facebook quiz questions. My favorite room was the random room, that room next to the karaoke room, it was a lot of fun, it was always full, they changed the schedule of videos or clips often and kept it really fresh, there was kind of a moment where they played like 6 hours of 20 second clips, little sketch bits with overdub audio, really hilarious stuff but it would've been nice to have a break or something. To be honest that might just be because I was in there for 4 hours because it was the funnest room.

I think maybe that's what I'm trying to say, it would be nice if the other rooms felt like that, like watching television with a room full of people who are enjoying what you're watching, like being in a packed theater the opening night of a popular new release, everything kind of seems to come alive.

Also more things like that couple playing the violins would be great. That was really special and random, was that unplanned? If it was, it'd be cool to get more things like that scattered around the halls for next year. If it was planned, then kudos to whoever booked that. Like even another event station or something in the hall above those outside steps, like the hall behind all that glass on the 2nd floor. But maybe that's a bit of that magic that the attendees bring to the con, the ones with the overly great costumes, that come in groups, that perform skits, or have huge cosplay costumes that seem to land like a meteorite. I'm not saying there wasn't a lot of that this year, there was an abundance, maybe I'm just wondering if the organizers could try to create vehicles for these things to come in on, plant magnets for more things like that to gravitate toward.

I wonder if other cons have similar flows to this one? I like that this one doesn't seem to really have a schedule, well for somethings yes, but like you could come in for the most part at any time and it feels the same as coming in at another time. I really like that about this con. Though maybe some kiosks or some of the meetings would be cool to be made available in the later hours. Was this me just missing these things, or yeah were there no meetings in the hotel rooms at night? Is this because of the restrictions of the hotel?

That's all I gotta say. Thanks for reading if you did. I'm not trying to attack Fanime (I feel like that's obvious but I'll blatantly state it anyway) I'd just like to see if any of what I'm saying resonates with anyone else. Maybe someone has some feedback for how next year others as well as myself can avoid these lulls? If they'd like to complain about things they feel could be fine tuned. And yeah, if this thread isn't appreciated then report it to the mods and have them take it down. I have no issue with that.

aetherltd

QuoteAlso more things like that couple playing the violins would be great.
Was that Congress of Vienna, the classical quintet (violin, viola, flute, harp, lute) in Sword Art Online outfits? They came over to Clockwork Alchemy and played a set of classics and anime themes. They're very good musicians.

They need a quiet place to play; they're not amplified.

eHash

Quote from: bobcat888 on July 07, 2015, 12:30:53 AM
I wonder if other cons have similar flows to this one? I like that this one doesn't seem to really have a schedule, well for somethings yes, but like you could come in for the most part at any time and it feels the same as coming in at another time. I really like that about this con. Though maybe some kiosks or some of the meetings would be cool to be made available in the later hours. Was this me just missing these things, or yeah were there no meetings in the hotel rooms at night? Is this because of the restrictions of the hotel?

Perhaps you are spoiled by the notion of the "24 Hour" Con.  FanimeCon provides night time programming while other cons have a specific closing and opening time.  If YOU have any ideas, there is a category of activities called "Fan Events" where you could propose one.