How was your stay at Ramada?

Started by peahat, November 11, 2015, 03:29:54 PM

peahat

I'm thinking about staying at the Ramada for Fanime 2016. The low price tag is pretty attractive! Has anyone else stayed there before? Would you recommend it? I really only need it to sleep and shower, but Yelp reviews say the walls are pretty thin and I expect con-goers to be pretty noisy. Were you able to get any sleep?

Thank you!

Barnes

In general, I enjoy my stays at the Ramada.

It's very useful if you want a fridge and a microwave (they both work pretty well).

A room there is smaller than one at the Fairmont, Hilton or Marriott.

Free breakfast in a room by the lobby is a plus :)

Walls could be thicker though. Also, the toilet is small (I'm a dude, and when I need to go #2, I like to sit comfortably XD)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Angelx624

I know friends that have stayed there. I, however, have yet to stay there so I have no clue what it's like. ^^;;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

ash

I've stayed there and like Barnes said I enjoyed it only downside is it being small. On the upside you also get free parking (if you're lucky enough to get a spot)

OGIGA

Can someone estimate how big a their rooms are? When I called to ask, they have no clue, but other hotels have a clue. Below is what I gathered in square feet.

Ramada: They have no clue
Hilton: 550
Marriott: 325
Fairmont: 450
Hyatt: 450

snowbunnie

I liked staying there, it's very quiet, the rooms are okay, free parking, away from the craziness of the con. the only downside is the walk, especially at night.

TC X0 Lt 0X

From my memory 5 or so years ago, the rooms were very small and our mini fridge didn't work if I remember correctly. But they did have free breakfast at least the year I was there, and free parking. The walk isnt too bad, especially if you plan to go grab food before heading back for the night. The rooms are workable for the price.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.