Zelda Theory Panel

Started by Tiffytan, November 22, 2015, 09:47:54 PM

Tiffytan

I've been working on a zelda fanfiction for like 2 years now and have done a ton of Zelda research and replaying to have plausible theories.
I think people would be interested in a panel where fans discussed Zelda-Lore theories.

Mainly my theories revolve around how the Gerudo society in in Oot would function and work pre-OoT. So before the war the occurred before Ocarina of Time and is mentioned by the great Deku Tree. Also similar theories on Sheika, Zora, and Gorons.
Another subject could be the many plot holes in the game series hahaha
A study of Ganondorf and his motives.

I would lead a group discussion and have visuals (Videos, pictures ect.) to back up the theories I have made.
I've talked to friends about the potential of this panel and have received 100% positive feed-back.
My only worry is that people will have watched youtube theorists and not be interested in the panel.
Thoughts?

SquishyK

I can see 2 types of people coming to see this. Ones that are like "oh, I like zelda and would like to learn more about it". These types of people are interested just because it is something they are familiar with but probably haven't done much individual research on it. Then there are people who are like, "I'm the biggest Zelda fan boy/girl ever and must check out anything Zelda related... because Zelda is awesome". These people will have watched all of the fan theory videos, read obscure creator interviews, and generally dedicate large portions of their lives to all things Zelda. So, I would say the first kind of person might find something even marginally researched entertaining. However, if you aren't REALLY the biggest Zelda fan ever you might have trouble keeping the interest of the second group (or if you're allowing audience participation you risk getting bulldozed out of our own panel by the second group). If you are not the biggest Zelda fan ever then I would suggest indicating in the title and/or description of the panel that this is geared towards Zelda beginners. e.g. "Zelda Theories 101" an introduction to Zelda fan theories focusing on.... That way the hard core fans don't show up expecting to get blown away with tuns of new information and end up feeling let down.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Tiffytan

Thanks for the feedback. I will consider what you have said.

Tiffytan

I thought about it. I'm still game for doing this. There is a huge fan base for Zelda that comes to Fanime and  frankly panels usually fail on the panelists not being prepared.  They didn't rehearse what they would say or prepare visuals.That's what makes people leave.  I'm confident in my abilities to prepare for this, even if it means that people leave. Every panel has people that leave. I'm also confident in my ability to set up discussions and control them. If you have a theory I will hear it out and pull it apart but you need something in cannon to back it up. It's like a philosophy class.
If I can get this approved I'm still doing it because I want to and I'm more concerned about the quality of attendees rather than the quantity.