Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

fanimefreak

I want to know exactly how they are choosing the reservation blocks. Like, if you registered at con on Monday I'm sure you get priority reservation. So what about when the con opened up for registration on the 21st? Do the people who registered in the first hour go into a priority block or is it people who registered within the first 5 days? It would be nice if they'd tell us.

It'd also be nice if they told us how they are doing the block system in case you are supposed to be in the block but they somehow missed you when they sent out emails

SquishyK

I don't think they'll give us time frames for who got into which priority block. It will likely depend greatly on the number of people who registered during any one time frame. I have a feeling though that when email notifications go out we might see some "I registered on X date and have Y priority date. What did you get?" posted by fans on the forum and/or social media.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Nina Star 9

I agree that this might cause a rush on badges, but I doubt that it'll be just as easy for scalpers, or for people to grab up a bunch of hotel rooms, since the one-room-per-badge policy and the hotel booking priority windows remove the incentive for grabbing up a bunch of hotel rooms that there is now. I'm still worried for the safety of the servers on opening badge day next year though!

I'm glad that AA notifications have gone out. Hopefully artists will be put on a higher priority for hotels. Still doesn't solve the issue of industry, press, etc.

I get the feeling that the hotel booking windows won't be by even or pre-determined blocks of time, but rather by number. So the first 200 badges are the first window, the next 200 badges are the next window, etc., even if badge 200 and 201 were bought seconds apart. (Just using example numbers since I have no idea how large the blocks will be.) So with this system, it could easily mean that several weeks of buying time are a single window, and then the next window spans only a few minutes or hours of buying time. It would make a lot more sense than splitting it up by time.

Though, it would still be nice to get an estimate of blocks of time, which will probably only be able to be sussed out with a bit of detective work and people comparing hotel booking windows, since we don't know what number our badge is (bought first, second, 200th, etc.) or what the windows will be.

fanimefreak

Okay, it's January 27th guys, starting to lose my patience a little bit.  Can we get any info at all on what's in store and when???

pantsu

My kingdom for AT LEAST a hotel price breakdown by property/occupancy.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

Avairrianna

I hope that the time blocks for rooms are based off a numbering system. Like the first 500 badges are this date and time, 501-1000 are this date and time and so on. That way the rush of people who bought on the day of the announcement (like myself) get separated out some from each other.

Also I hope that when on the phone (cause who has faith that the website will stay up even with blocks of people) that if I have 2 badge numbers in my hand I'm allowed to book 2 rooms on one call. I have my friend's badge information but I'm still the one most likely to be available when hotels open so I hope I can book another room with my name but another badge/or can book a hotel on their behalf.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

fanimefreak

I wonder what the actual room availability will be like once they factor in at con registration last year and artist alley/dealers hall attendees.  Since they get first dibs it's probably going to be slim chances of good hotels even for the people who registered right when it opened this year

SquishyK

Quote from: fanimefreak on January 28, 2016, 10:08:28 AM
I wonder what the actual room availability will be like once they factor in at con registration last year and artist alley/dealers hall attendees.  Since they get first dibs it's probably going to be slim chances of good hotels even for the people who registered right when it opened this year

I don't think there has been any official confirmation that people registered for artist alley/dealers hall will get special priority for hotel booking.

Tested/MythBusters:

DangerHeart

Quote from: pantsu on January 27, 2016, 07:43:07 PM
My kingdom for AT LEAST a hotel price breakdown by property/occupancy.

YES YES YES. And hopefully a real breakdown unlike last year that just had the cheapest price and highest price for each hotel. I prefer to know the difference between one bed/two bed for each hotel.

SquishyK

I have a feeling they won't release official prices until after the Super Bowl. Especially if they need any kind of confirmation/cooperation from the hotels at this point. They will all be rather preoccupied for the next week.

Tested/MythBusters:

MaliciousKittie

Im gonna ask a question that's slightly off topic.
Fanime is going to email us our priority window in a separate email from our Reg confirmation right? I know it's a silly question, but I just want to clarify.

OtakuAngel87

that's what my understanding of what they said
Quote from: MaliciousKittie on January 30, 2016, 12:58:50 AM
Im gonna ask a question that's slightly off topic.
Fanime is going to email us our priority window in a separate email from our Reg confirmation right? I know it's a silly question, but I just want to clarify.
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

fanimefreak

I want info!  So impatient!!

echoshadow

Quote from: fanimefreak on February 01, 2016, 01:06:25 PM
I want info!  So impatient!!

They said sometime this month. My guess middle of the month.

You want faster service? Complain.  :P ;D
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

fanimefreak

I told you not to comment on any of my posts again echoshadow please refrain from doing so. Please refrain from even being "part" of the forums.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: fanimefreak on February 03, 2016, 11:37:43 AM
I told you not to comment on any of my posts again echoshadow please refrain from doing so. Please refrain from even being "part" of the forums.

While echo may be a bit to obtuse for me, he is well within his rights to respond to anyone he pleases or be part of the forums.
My suggestion would be to just put him on your ignore list, if you really don't want to see his posts.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Melphina

Does the wait remind anyone else of watching DBZ when Goku is charging up the spirit bomb. We know its coming soon but the suspense is kill us. 

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: Melphina on February 05, 2016, 08:02:03 AM
Does the wait remind anyone else of watching DBZ when Goku is charging up the spirit bomb. We know its coming soon but the suspense is kill us.
Eh, more the infamous "five minutes until Namek blows up." :P
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

echoshadow

Quote from: fanimefreak on February 03, 2016, 11:37:43 AM

Sorry I couldn't resist. (not really sorry though...)

Quote from: Firefury Amahira on February 05, 2016, 11:36:42 PM
Quote from: Melphina on February 05, 2016, 08:02:03 AM
Eh, more the infamous "five minutes until Namek blows up." :P
LOL true that.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Nina Star 9

For those who did not see it on the Facebook page:

QuoteHousing Priority windows will open for registration on February 24th, 2016. Emails will go out to all of the pre-registered attendees on 2/17 informing you of your booking window with more information on next steps.

General housing reservations will open on February 29th, 2016.

For information on room types, amenities, and rates for housing, please visit: https://staging.cmrhousing.com/fanime2016/gp/INFO/Housing/ResHotel

At least we have a timeframe, specific dates, and hotel pricing info. I'm glad.