Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

AnimeJet

Quote from: Vasyenka on May 10, 2016, 06:13:01 PM
If it helps any, my waitlist confirmation e-mail was sent to me at a really weird time, like 11pm PST. I can understand a delay in said e-mail confirmations, but still~ :v

Unfortunately your waitlist movement is different from artists. You're just trying to get more days at the hotel  you're in already. All the artists were in 3pm block and are in airport hotels trying to get to the closer ones. That's why I find it weird that someone claims that 2 bdrooms opened at the marriot. I'm trying to switch into a 2bdrm at the marriot, shouldn't wait list get priority?

Vasyenka

Quote from: AnimeJet on May 10, 2016, 06:58:21 PM
Unfortunately your waitlist movement is different from artists. You're just trying to get more days at the hotel  you're in already. All the artists were in 3pm block and are in airport hotels trying to get to the closer ones. That's why I find it weird that someone claims that 2 bdrooms opened at the marriot. I'm trying to switch into a 2bdrm at the marriot, shouldn't wait list get priority?
Well yes, I never stated I was an artist (though we do have an artist with us) when it came to my reservation~ :v Also I already listed why I think my waitlist went through in my previous post. I recall someone saying that it may be a mix of automatic and manual attendance in regards to the waitlist itself, which would also apply to my getting an email confirmation so late at night, if not it just took hours for it to show up in my inbox! And I agree with so many others that artists should've gotten priority, especially with the nightmare that the AA is going through.

I also saw that the Marriott had open rooms for their doubles, which is strange considering that there are still people on the waitlist!
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

kameifan5x

I was only able to obtain a room at the Double Tree during my hotel reservation time-slot, and after getting that room I called in and put myself on the wait list for Marriot, Fairmont, and the Westin. I do check the hotel reservation site periodically ever since they added more hotels to the list.  Earlier today I saw that the Marriot had the twin double beds on the housing site as available, so I attempted to reserve through the housing site. It didn't work because my convention ID, needed for reserving the room, already had a reservation with the Double Tree. I called the Fanime hosuing number, requested to switch my rooms.  Person on the phone asked for my convention ID and saw that I had a reservation with the Double Tree and saw that I was on the hotel wait list.  Person told me that he would take me off the wait list, and swapped the hotel.  I got a confirmation email for the Marriot.  I called up some friends that I know and told them about the $135/Night Marriot rooms, and after about an hour the room was no longer available on the housing site.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: kameifan5x on May 10, 2016, 07:37:45 PM
I was only able to obtain a room at the Double Tree during my hotel reservation time-slot, and after getting that room I called in and put myself on the wait list for Marriot, Fairmont, and the Westin. I do check the hotel reservation site periodically ever since they added more hotels to the list.  Earlier today I saw that the Marriot had the twin double beds on the housing site as available, so I attempted to reserve through the housing site. It didn't work because my convention ID, needed for reserving the room, already had a reservation with the Double Tree. I called the Fanime hosuing number, requested to switch my rooms.  Person on the phone asked for my convention ID and saw that I had a reservation with the Double Tree and saw that I was on the hotel wait list.  Person told me that he would take me off the wait list, and swapped the hotel.  I got a confirmation email for the Marriot.  I called up some friends that I know and told them about the $135/Night Marriot rooms, and after about an hour the room was no longer available on the housing site.

ARE YOU FRAKING KIDDING.

AnimeJet

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 10, 2016, 09:28:13 PM
Quote from: kameifan5x on May 10, 2016, 07:37:45 PM

ARE YOU FRAKING KIDDING.

Yea that's hella unfair wtf? Why are they doing that? And obviously no staff is going to answer or help ~_~ I'm calling them right now so they know about this incase this is just made up to mess with us

Edit: They couldn't find any record of any hotel rooms going up. They said they were going to look into it and i told them they could find the post here but we'll see. If kameifan5x is just trolling hope it gets quashed.

Mango Bunny

Yea that's hella unfair wtf? Why are they doing that? And obviously no staff is going to answer or help ~_~ I'm calling them right now so they know about this incase this is just made up to mess with us

Edit: They couldn't find any record of any hotel rooms going up. They said they were going to look into it and i told them they could find the post here but we'll see. If kameifan5x is just trolling hope it gets quashed.
[/quote]

Thanks, let me know if you hear anything else.

kameifan5x, could you show us proof? I'm freaking furious about this.

Too bad fanime isn't a business and they probably couldn't care less. I'm feeling quite jaded. Today was their deadline for waitlists too.

Kyra_Maverick

I don't think staff would be able to help much in this situation anyway since housing is handled through a 3rd party.

If rooms were availiable on the website but not assigned to people on the waitlist that's a huge issue/oversight on CMR's part.

Unrelated but another weird thing with CMR's system - I booked my room under my friend's name who was rooming with me since she had an earlier booking window. The system was orginally set up so you couldn't adjust the name on the reservation through the website. You had to email them with all the information so they could switch it for you. I even tried it just to test it out and it wouldn't let me. On Monday I tried again since my friend wont be available to check in until 9pm and even though the website had the same warning that you couldn't update the name on the reservation it let me do so. They sent me a new confirmation email and everything with the updated information.

Mango Bunny

I called the housing team again and they told me basically not to get my hopes up because hardly anything has moved.  So... yeah.

PacificPikachu

I'm really disappointed that I'm still stuck on the waiting list (I've been on the waiting list since day two of the hotels being open), and currently have a reservation for the Sheraton... It's so far away! I do Swap Meet both Thursday and Friday nights and I have a TON of stuff, so I'm struggling to figure out how to make this work. I have other people depending on me for a room, too, so I can't just switch to someone else's room. I've been going to Fanime since 2004, I've always been within easy walking distance of the con, and it makes me really nervous to be staying far away. :( I'm not sure what to do...

Mango Bunny

Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 16, 2016, 09:21:18 PM
I'm really disappointed that I'm still stuck on the waiting list (I've been on the waiting list since day two of the hotels being open), and currently have a reservation for the Sheraton... It's so far away! I do Swap Meet both Thursday and Friday nights and I have a TON of stuff, so I'm struggling to figure out how to make this work. I have other people depending on me for a room, too, so I can't just switch to someone else's room. I've been going to Fanime since 2004, I've always been within easy walking distance of the con, and it makes me really nervous to be staying far away. :( I'm not sure what to do...
I'm still at the Doubletree... I feel really sad, and I think I feel extra sad because I've been going so long and fanime does mean a lot to me. It's sort of like an old friend letting you down. I don't have the swap meet like you do but I get it. It's really disheartening. I opted to keep !y booking with some lingering faith I would get a connected hotel but it didn't happen. It may be my last fanime year, I don't know. Maybe if the actual con hits it out of the park I will continue but I feel really neglected about now.
Best of luck! I hope it turns out to be an awesome con and a comfortable stay despite the distance.

kameifan5x

Vasyenka

Hey everyone! There are rooms available at both the Hilton and Marriott~!

http://prnt.sc/b58rok

http://prnt.sc/b58ryn

Kuudere

Wow. I just saw it too. Kameifan5x is not making it up.

I wonder why they're doing that? Not good.

Barnes

I've seen it happen before and I don't know why either.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Vasyenka

Quote from: Kuudere on May 17, 2016, 12:36:06 PM

This is the second time I've seen this happen (first time I didn't think to grab a screenshot). A friend of mine was on the waitlist for the Hilton as well, and despite the site saying that they're available right now, she hadn't received a reservation change~ D:

RedGxHenshin

Quote from: Vasyenka on May 17, 2016, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: Kuudere on May 17, 2016, 12:36:06 PM

This is the second time I've seen this happen (first time I didn't think to grab a screenshot). A friend of mine was on the waitlist for the Hilton as well, and despite the site saying that they're available right now, she hadn't received a reservation change~ D:

I saw that Marriott was available a few minutes ago for the days AND the type of room that I had on waitlist but my waitlist wasnt fulfilled. I checked now and the room isn't available now. I guess waitlisting isn't reliable.
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

InsaneDavid

Has anyone attempted to call said hotels since this has started happening?
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Kuudere

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 17, 2016, 12:54:28 PM
Has anyone attempted to call said hotels since this has started happening?

I don't believe hotels will have any information just yet, since the reservation info hasn't been transferred over yet. I spoke with CMR today for a different reason, and he told me the "first part" of the information will be going to the hotels tomorrow and Thursday. On the website, it says everything will be transferred over by the 20th.

Best bet is to call CMR and ask what's going on...

Mango Bunny

Thanks to this I snagged a room at the Hilton, I could literally cry.

I did briefly question the agent on the phone and he really didn't have an answer more than speculation of "Could have accidentally been opened up by an agent's mistake" or something of the sort.

I'm super ridiculously happy I got the Hilton, but am still confused and sort of annoyed at the lack of fairness!

Kuudere

That's a pretty darn big oversight on their part, especially for it to happen at least twice that we know of. I guess the message that we should take from this is to check the hotel reservation website frequently for opened rooms.

Regardless, glad you got your room, Mango Bunny!