Fanime 2016 Wishlists!

Started by thepharaohinleather, January 04, 2016, 11:47:12 AM

thepharaohinleather

Hello everyone~ I really like being able to post here about what people want to find in the dealers hall, especially the fact that staff might check it out and have it influence who sets up shop. They won't know what people want unless we tell them, and it can't hurt! Please feel free to reply with your wishlists for dealers hall at Fanime 2016! I like seeing what other people are interested in buying too~

I'm hoping to find:

- literally anything Yu-Gi-Oh! related, from the large figures (kaiba, dark magician, dark magician girl, bakura etc) to grab boxes to wall scrolls to bags.
- HunterxHunter figures, keychains, bags, shirts etc
- Splatoon merch including amiibos
- More amiibos in general, including animal crossing amiibo festival ones
- Animal Crossing merch especially plushies
- D. Gray Man stuff since the new anime is coming out this year~
- Neko Atsume stuff!!!
- Punk/Cool/Interesting clothes and jackets
- Pusheen!

So, what are you hoping for?
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Dajoo

I just wanted to confirm that staff does look at these boards. I try to get the best selections possible and compile the wish lists for our Dealers, so hopefully they will bring what people are looking for.

Regards,
Dealers
Dealers Head       2012-2016
Item Check Head  2014
Dealers Staff        2009-2011
Vid Staff              2005-2008

Exhibits Staff AOD 2014-20 ??? ???

Jeg_ejj

Monster Hunter Felyne figures!!!!
Not that I've been hunting those for years. Not that I'll jump up and down if I find them. Not at all.
-Monster hunter plushes
-High-quality Bulbasaur-themed lanyards (for a friend)

ghoulpixel

Uh , this year I'm looking for an
- Oikawa Tooru Nendoroid uwu (my friend wants to get me one for my birthday which is right before Fanime)
- BTS Merch
- DanganRonpa posters/figures
- Amnesia: Memories figures/posters
- A Pillow/Body Pillow (still looking into that one haha)
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

saite

any and all kuroo tetsurou merchandise! buahahahaha especially charms and keychains i can add to my itabag XD

also seconding the BTS merch <3
day 1 - kenma kozume
day 2 - yang xiao long & touka kirishima
day 3 - touka kirishima
day 4 - noctis lucis caelum & tooru yukimura

Kuudere

Klab (mobile gaming group) recently had a highly successful booth at Anime Boston which held a tournament alongside selling official Love Live merchandise (which sold out within the first hour). I know that they probably won't hold an entire tournament again this year, but it'd be awesome to have them sell the merchandise at our con. They're located in San Francisco, so it's not too much of a stretch to get them. Here was the line for merchandise, and here was the actual tournament set-up at Anime Boston.

Barring that idea, bringing in Bushiroad would be great, too. They also sell the official LL merchandise, along with merchandise from popular card games (which we know TCGs have a huge following from our attendees).

Basically, what I'm saying is I'd like official merchandise that isn't the usual cheap crane prize figure, haha.

thepharaohinleather

Also now definitely looking for Osomatsu-san stuff, Tales of series figures and other merch, omocat clothes, huniepop merch if there is any, lovelive figures (especially the really nice ones, definitely looking for quality), and I would love for that vendor who makes the punk hats with spikes on them to come back (they also had resin or acrylic necklaces that my boyfriend loved)
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

I really hope some dealers have Cu-Poche figures, I really want one but I also want to be able to see them in person before I pick one and none of the stores in Japantown carry them (Anime Palace didn't have any when I checked either). Also, always on the look out for Ojamajo Doremi stuff, and I'm really hyped for Osomatsu-san stuff as well! Dangan Ronpa is also always on my to-buy list, along with Non Non Biyori stuff! I prefer more cute household items or little trinkets rather than figures
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

Vasyenka

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping to see both S.H.Figuarts Body in Chan and Kun! Also hoping to score some Touhou swag~ ;y
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Firefury Amahira

Oh man, haven't thought that far ahead yet!

Crap, I'm going to have my work cut out for me avoiding DB Super spoilers in the dealer's hall, won't I?

Hrm. More seriously, probably looking more towards higher-end merch. Animation cels, limited edition statues (I swear, First4Figures has permanently skewed my sense of figure pricing!) possibly various manga, especially the types of places that offer bulk discounts. For some weird reason I almost never order manga as they come out off Amazon or whatnot, but at-con I'm more likely to binge-buy an entire series if I can. Can never go wrong with t-shirts and apparel, either. I almost always come home from Fanime with 2-3 new t-shirts!

As for series, just, a good spread. That was one of the things that contributed to my ditching Anime Expo in favor of the drive north; the AX dealer's hall was all just same handful of things for the same handful of series. (At the time, Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece and good bloody luck finding anything for other series!) Especially if there's a good mix of the new and popular AND the older and more niche.
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Ecchi ja Nai

Quote from: Firefury Amahira on May 12, 2016, 02:15:41 AM
As for series, just, a good spread. That was one of the things that contributed to my ditching Anime Expo in favor of the drive north; the AX dealer's hall was all just same handful of things for the same handful of series. (At the time, Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece and good bloody luck finding anything for other series!) Especially if there's a good mix of the new and popular AND the older and more niche.

I don't want to take anything away from the vendors selling at Dealers Hall this year, but it sounds like you should check out Swap Meet, if you don't already.  Especially for runs of manga, if not complete sets, you'd probably make out better buying off other attendees.  I still find some decent deals from Dealers Hall, and if you like stuff from the '70s, '80s and even '90s, Kimono My House is a great booth to check out.  They've been set up on their own near the exit every year I've gone, as far as I can remember.  From personal experience though, if you're looking for things from the mid to late '90s and early '00s, Swap Meet is much more likely to have things you'd be interested in.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on May 12, 2016, 12:35:47 PM
I still find some decent deals from Dealers Hall, and if you like stuff from the '70s, '80s and even '90s, Kimono My House is a great booth to check out.  They've been set up on their own near the exit every year I've gone, as far as I can remember.

I hope KMH is at Fanime this year.  Last time I visited their store in Emeryville back in December they were thinking of taking a year off for health reasons.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Sunara Ishi

Some Typemoon PVCs and other merch I missed on per-ordering.
Maybe t-shirts.
Fun times Posters.
Amnesia & Norn 9 merch.

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

rogerfox

I hope there's an import games area...! There was a kind of okay games area last year but the sellers there were not well equipped to handle questions about prices and stuff like that. An import games area for japanese games and the like would fit the theme better I think than just a general games booth also, as there was one several years back.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.