Seeking Cosplayers: Revolutionary Girl Utena group

Started by Nina Star 9, January 22, 2016, 02:35:24 PM

Nina Star 9

Hello everyone!

I am trying to get together an RGU cosplay group for this upcoming Fanimecon. I know that I've had people express interest previously (and I'll try to tag everyone at the end of this post), but I'd like to move solidly into the planning phase. I have a few people who keep asking about which characters we have and who will be in the group, so if people can commit to characters, that would be fantastic.

This is open to any character from the TV series (not movie, we don't want to be crossing canons here!), though the group as it has been forming seems to be coalescing around the Student Council.

This group will likely take place Saturday afternoon of con. Friday afternoon is the backup time. It has to be an afternoon for scheduling reasons for one of our members, and I'd prefer it to not b Sunday in case of Masquerade conflicts.

If you are interested, please reblog reply to this post or send me a PM.There's no extra qualifications for being part of this group, though I'd prefer to not have duplicate characters. Just be able to have your outfit done on time.

List of characters under the cut. Not listing all of them, but just the ones most relevant to the group and that have had interest. If you want to be someone not listed, tell me and I'll add you.

Utena (duelist):  @rikudera
Utena (Rose Bride): @fursonas
Anthy: @arcaneseamstress

Juri: @fabrickind
Nanami: @jadebots
Touga 1: @spaceswordblaster
Touga 2: Reserved
Miki: @doppelganggirl
Saionji:
Ruka:

Shiori: @dormentaire (assuming you're still down for this)
Kozue:

Akio:

Any other characters as desired. Better if it's cohesive with the group, but it doesn't have to be, as long as its from the series.
(Unless someone else wants Juri, which seems unlikely, then I'll switch.)

(I'm also doing, separate from the group, Utena's movie school uniform, so any movie cosplayers, hmu. Where's my movie!Anthy?)

(Cross-posted to Tumblr: http://fabrickind.tumblr.com/post/137852277536 )

lordleo

fanime cosplays:
tiki, fire emblem awakening
super sailor chibi moon
-----

Nina Star 9

Bumping this with a slight update:

A Touga has switched to Saionji, so that slot is filled.

I am particularly interested in finding a Kozue (any outfit is fine, though our Shiori is going to be Rose Bride if that helps you decide). If you are interested in Kozue, please let me know.

This group is currently scheduled for Saturday afternoon of the con.